Northern Cambria
✟23,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
594273BE-1964-41CB-A427-CAE093CAE64A.png Hello, my name is Chance. I live in a very difficult home. I have mild autism, but I am capable of so much that my family refuses to se. they are extremely sensitive hypochondriacs. Now, I am genuinely trying to grow closer to God, but I feel I have no freedom. I’m 23 and they want to control what I eat, drink, do, where I go, who I’m with, everything. We always argue. They even ask me what’s in my mouth when I’m chewing on food. I have cursed them, I’m sorry to say and we often fight. I want to please God but I also want a life. I told them this many times. They disregard it. I can’t tell them about the Bible verse because they are the kind of people who use what I say to them against me often. It’s causing deficits in my mental health. I’ve self harmed because of it. I feel no matter what I do it’s a sin and I’m stuck in condemnation. Please forgive and help me here!

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chance, I'm glad to hear that you want to improve your life and keep peace in the family. I hope some of us here can give you positive suggestions for things you can do, and that you will be more able to keep calm and be an example of the light of Christ.

Let me suggest you get a good study bible. I would recommend NKJV as a translation; I don't happen to have a specific study bible in mind. Also you may want to consider bible apps for your phone. I have both Youversion and Bible.is. Both of them have many translations to choose from, with audio available.

Let us know if getting a good bible is a problem for you; I'm sure we can find a way to put one in your hands. I hope you will also find someone here you can relate to well, and share more of your frustrations with them, even privately if desired.

Upvote 0