✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Um hello...

i recently posted before and im really thankful for the encouraging replies ive gotten :)

but to be honest i still feel troubled...

i feel like God wants me to do something to save my enemies (a guy and a girl whom i accidentally turned away from God and accidentally misled down the path of destruction, who have turned to sorcery and have been trying to destroy me and my fam :( )

i have been seeing reminders of the guy and girl being on the road of destruction, and i see words such as ‘save, give, share the truth, save enemies, shop’ as well as words like ‘perish, vengeance: flaming lake of fire’.

i once heard God say that He would avenge the girl. ><

i also feel like unless i do something to save them, God may cause me and my family to perish (i have also been seeing the words ‘die, death’ and my family members’ and my birthdates followed by scary signs.).

i also came across an instagram post about how someone told queen esther that if she didnt save the Jews, someone else could do it but she and her family would perish. this feels exactly like what i am going through right now :(

i also feel like i have been like king ahab, in the sense that he did wrong, God offered him help, but he didnt listen and relied on his own smarts. in the end he and his family died.

God has told me to do stuff to bring the guy and girl back to Him before but i was either scared, unworthy, or selfish :(

the guy was using me as a backup as he saw that girl, and dumped me the moment he got her. i felt jealous of her too and felt like God blessed her at the expense of my heartbreak. i found it hard to be used by God to help her or encourage her. but God was upset with me :(

now i feel like God wants me to do stuff to save them but i feel so confused. ever since i left God for that guy i have been finding it hard to discern God’s voice. i am also afraid of doing anything lest i make things worse. i have been punished for making mistakes in the past ><

the guy and girl are also indulging in witchcraft and sorcery, and im afraid of them :(

i feel perplexed. i dont want my family and i to perish, but i also feel afraid of doing anything to save the guy and girl.

im also not completely sure what i should do to save them :(

could someone help me pray to Jesus for:

1) protection of me and my family
2) mercy on us
3) what i should do to save the guy and girl?

this would mean so much. thank you so much!

• Prayers
Reactions: Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Um hello...

i recently posted before and im really thankful for the encouraging replies ive gotten :)

but to be honest i still feel troubled...

i feel like God wants me to do something to save my enemies (a guy and a girl whom i accidentally turned away from God and accidentally misled down the path of destruction, who have turned to sorcery and have been trying to destroy me and my fam :( )

i have been seeing reminders of the guy and girl being on the road of destruction, and i see words such as ‘save, give, share the truth, save enemies, shop’ as well as words like ‘perish, vengeance: flaming lake of fire’.

i once heard God say that He would avenge the girl. ><

i also feel like unless i do something to save them, God may cause me and my family to perish (i have also been seeing the words ‘die, death’ and my family members’ and my birthdates followed by scary signs.).

i also came across an instagram post about how someone told queen esther that if she didnt save the Jews, someone else could do it but she and her family would perish. this feels exactly like what i am going through right now :(

i also feel like i have been like king ahab, in the sense that he did wrong, God offered him help, but he didnt listen and relied on his own smarts. in the end he and his family died.

God has told me to do stuff to bring the guy and girl back to Him before but i was either scared, unworthy, or selfish :(

the guy was using me as a backup as he saw that girl, and dumped me the moment he got her. i felt jealous of her too and felt like God blessed her at the expense of my heartbreak. i found it hard to be used by God to help her or encourage her. but God was upset with me :(

now i feel like God wants me to do stuff to save them but i feel so confused. ever since i left God for that guy i have been finding it hard to discern God’s voice. i am also afraid of doing anything lest i make things worse. i have been punished for making mistakes in the past ><

the guy and girl are also indulging in witchcraft and sorcery, and im afraid of them :(

i feel perplexed. i dont want my family and i to perish, but i also feel afraid of doing anything to save the guy and girl.

im also not completely sure what i should do to save them :(

could someone help me pray to Jesus for:

2) mercy on us
3) what i should do to save the guy and girl?

this would mean so much. thank you so much!
Bless Zhen with mercy, grace and peace. Show him that his sins are forgiven and that he does not have to fear judgement. Be his wisdom as to how to deal with the situation.

Jesus saves, Zhen. All we can do is pray and share the gospel with them. Bind the occult spirits. They are terrified of born again Christians. We should not fear them.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bless Zhen with mercy, grace and peace. Show him that his sins are forgiven and that he does not have to fear judgement. Be his wisdom as to how to deal with the situation.

Jesus saves, Zhen. All we can do is pray and share the gospel with them. Bind the occult spirits. They are terrified of born again Christians. We should not fear them.

thank you!

um to be honest im not sure if im born again >< i left God for the guy, and have not returned to God fully yet as i still have some issues ><

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
thank you!

um to be honest im not sure if im born again >< i left God for the guy, and have not returned to God fully yet as i still have some issues ><
Glad you are being honest. And that is the heart of your problem. Being born again doers not exempt us from the trials of life. It does bring us into the realm of God's grace so that He can help us.
You will find this link very helpful:

The Way - Christian Life Frankston

Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Glad you are being honest. And that is the heart of your problem. Being born again doers not exempt us from the trials of life. It does bring us into the realm of God's grace so that He can help us.

thank you for this link!

to be honest, i fear the bad things that might happen if i return to God. i have found it hard to trust God ever since i got severely traumatized by bullying in school and at home >< i was upset that God allowed it :( i also fear the brutality that early Christians faced.

all this is a far cry from what a pastor said before, that ‘good things happen to people who believe that God loves them’. i firmly believed in this, and was hurt and disappointed when bad stuff happened.

is it really worth suffering for Christ? what if i dont get eternal life still? this is so difficult and i find it hard to make up my mind. i want Christ and God, but i wish i would not have to be hated or bullied :(

Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

By the way i have a question :/

i came across the following in the link you provided :)

Only Christ can live the Christ life in us, we can't! The Christian life is not really our life at all, it is Christ's life lived out in us in the person of His Holy Spirit.’

does this explain why i found it hard to do what God told me to do (to give things to the guy and girl to make peace with them or bring them back to God) in the past, when i was still idolizing that guy and living life with that guy in place of Christ? i found it hard to do everything that God told me to do during the time i replaced Jesus with that guy.

is this the reason why? because that guy had taken Jesus’ place in my life, so it was hard for me to obey God?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,917.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What kind of "stuff" were you told to do to bring back that couple? Please explain. If it does not line up with Scriptures, it is not of your Heavenly Father.

First, if you feel the Lord is telling you to save anyone, that cannot be from Him. Esther was saving her people in regard to their physical bodies. But only the Lord can save souls.

There is more than one voice out there Zhen. There is the voice of the Lord, which will line up with Scriptures, and then there is the voice of "the father of lies." If you are being told to save people, that is not the Lord. Messing around with people who are into satanism could be very dangerous for you spiritually, and who knows how many other ways. The devil would love that.

Of course you should pray for them. But, again, you cannot save them.

I pray you will stop beating yourself up over all this and just leave it all in the hands of the Lord and move on.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
thank you for this link!

to be honest, i fear the bad things that might happen if i return to God. i have found it hard to trust God ever since i got severely traumatized by bullying in school and at home >< i was upset that God allowed it :( i also fear the brutality that early Christians faced.

all this is a far cry from what a pastor said before, that ‘good things happen to people who believe that God loves them’. i firmly believed in this, and was hurt and disappointed when bad stuff happened.

is it really worth suffering for Christ? what if i dont get eternal life still? this is so difficult and i find it hard to make up my mind. i want Christ and God, but i wish i would not have to be hated or bullied :(
Do you know what Jesus suffered for you? That was so you could be made right with God. I'm 68. I've been born again for 48 years. It is the best possible life. You gain eternal life the moment you accept Christ. It's not always easy, but it sure beats the hell I suffered before I got born again. God will get you through. Christians face death daily in many countries even now. They have the power of God to enable them to endure and overcome. Singapore is pretty safe, from my limited experience. I was there 3 years ago and went to a huge church. No one seemed afraid or intimidated.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
By the way i have a question :/

i came across the following in the link you provided :)

Only Christ can live the Christ life in us, we can't! The Christian life is not really our life at all, it is Christ's life lived out in us in the person of His Holy Spirit.’

does this explain why i found it hard to do what God told me to do (to give things to the guy and girl to make peace with them or bring them back to God) in the past, when i was still idolizing that guy and living life with that guy in place of Christ? i found it hard to do everything that God told me to do during the time i replaced Jesus with that guy.

is this the reason why? because that guy had taken Jesus’ place in my life, so it was hard for me to obey God?
Yes. That's pretty much it. He became an idol. God just steps back and lets you get on with your own ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it would also mean a lot for someone to intercede for me and my family. :(

and for someone who can hear clearly from God to prophesy to me, or help me ask God what He wants me to do to save the guy and girl...

i would really appreciate the help! *hug*
So ... what I would say from what you have described to us so far is ...

You need to leave this guy and girl alone ... and work on strengthening your own standing in Christ.

Now let me explain ...

You have said that the guy and girl are now into sorcery and witchcraft.

Ministry to such as these requires spiritual strength ... which you do not now possess. There is a high level of danger for you from them at this point.

Concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with the Lord, including frequent prayer (at least daily, preferably in the morning and before bed). Also, immerse yourself into a study of the scriptures, perhaps beginning with Matthew's gospel and be sure to join in regular fellowship with other believers. Try to find a source of spiritual counseling from among the body of believers, perhaps a pastor or priest.

If there comes a point where God desires that you minister to this couple ... He will make it clear to you, and will have prepared you. Given the circumstances, I doubt that He would send you to them alone, but perhaps in the company of other strong christians.

Let me reemphasize ...

The kingdom of darkness is remarkably dangerous. For now, you need to keep your distance from it ... and them.

Regarding your fears of vengeance from God ... as I said before, ... God does not avenge Himself against His own. God, currently, is only interested in building up your faith and protecting you from the dangers of the kingdom of darkness.

He has the same desires for your family. I believe that the enemy is trying to scare you into being foolish.

Trust in God to handle everything well. You, your family, ... even this guy and girl. I will be in prayer for you ...

Upvote 0

packermann

Nov 30, 2003
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL
✟37,882.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
i once heard God say that He would avenge the girl.

The Bible says that the devil can masquerade himself as an angel of light. But then again, the Bible says vengeance is His. So this voice could be from the devil to make you feel smug and gleeful that the girl would soon get hers. Or it could be from God, comforting you that He is still in control and to have compassion and pray on this girl. I think it depends on the attitude you had when you heard this voice.

Friend, I think you first should see a Christian psychiatrist. It could be some mental or emotional problem. If it is not that the problem, I then urge you to go to a professional exorcist.

Now, I must put in a plug for my Church. I am not aware of any Protestant professional exorcist. Sure, there are Protestant charismatic meeting that perform exorcisms. But I think this is very dangerous. They have not be trained. Amateuers who open themselves to demons are asking for trouble. But you can call any Catholic archdiocese and ask to talk to their exorcist.

I do not know the verse you are talking about, but I am sure that Esther would only be punished if she refused to save the Jews. But that is not you.

Whenever there is a movie about the devil or demons, it is always the Catholic Church that is relied upon. The Catholic priests are always considered the heavy hitters when it comes to the demonic. Normally, I do not plug the Catholic Church when someone is trouble. But in your case, you need what only the Catholic Church can provide. But that means you must become a Catholic. I would greatly encourage you to investigate the claims of the Church. Jesus promised that gates of death and hell would never prevail against His Church built on Peter (Matthew 16).

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,917.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Zhen I hope you will rely on praying to the Lord for freedom. Anyone can say they are an exorcist, or deliverance minister and may be deluded. How can your reality check on such people? Even if some they work with may seem to be delivered, how can you track what continues to happen in their lives thereafter, for good or maybe for increased evil? I have heard reports of those who had hands laid on them for deliverance from demons, and then came away with more evil spirits than they had at present. These reports were from Catholic and Protestant "exorcisms" both. It took years sometimes for the victims to realize what harm had been done to them.

Pray very seriously, maybe fast, before you let people lay hands on you, making great claims - people you probably know virtually nothing about and whose "healings" you can't really check out over time.

Reactions: Zhen
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God was upset with me :(

now i feel like God wants me to do stuff to save them but i feel so confused. ever since i left God for that guy i have been finding it hard to discern God’s voice. i am also afraid of doing anything lest i make things worse. i have been punished for making mistakes in the past
Doesn't sound like God to me. He is not the author of confusion, but of peace (1Cor 11; James 3). He does not reproach when we ask for wisdom (James 1).

I feel the issue with the other two is a distraction. The main issue is your relationship with God. Get that right and the rest falls into place (Mt 6.33).

Understand that God has not let you down. He cannot do that, because it would violate His character and His word. He promises to work all things for the good for those who love Him (Rom 8.28), but that does not mean that everything that happens to us is good. Thus the need for faith and perseverance.

Where else do you have to go? If you cannot trust your heavenly Father, who then can you trust?

As for the other two people, first note what David writes:

Against You — You alone — I have sinned and done this evil in Your sight. So You are right when You pass sentence; You are blameless when You judge. -Ps 51:4​

God can take care of the other two. And if He wants you to play a part in their redemption, He will give you a sense of clarity and peace about it. But if you're in doubt and confusion, you won't be able to hear His voice accurately. The first step is to go to the Lord and (re)establish your relationship with Him. In due time the rest will be clear to you.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
thank you for this link!

The difference, without God, you face life's troubles, all alone, by yourself. With God, He is there to be your shield and your refuge, against the troubles of this world.

What does the word refuge make you think of? Maybe an imposing building with locks on the doors, maybe a thick-walled fortress, or perhaps something as simple as a canopy to keep you dry in a rainstorm. Whatever picture comes to mind, it can be agreed that a refuge is a safe place. When the Bible describes God as our refuge, it is saying that God is our safe place when we need protection from something.

Knowing God as our refuge enables us to trust Him more freely. We need not fear situations or people who threaten our well-being, whether in a physical or spiritual sense. There is no situation we will ever face that is out of God’s control, so the best place to be, always, is right with Him. “The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe” (Proverbs 18:10).

A question that arises is “how do I make God my refuge?” It’s easy to picture a physical refuge protecting us from some danger, but how can we make God—whom we can’t see—our refuge?

David is a great example of someone who knew God as his refuge. At different points in his life, David was on the run from people who literally wanted to kill him, but he always found safety in God. “My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge” (Psalm 62:7–8). An easy way to make God our refuge is to simply ask Him to be. David said, “Pour out your hearts to him”; that’s what David did all the time. He poured out his heart to God about what was going on in his life and asked God to intervene on his behalf. When we turn to God for help or protection, we begin to know Him as our refuge.

In contrast to David’s faith, the leaders of Israel in Isaiah’s day tried to find security in things other than God. In Isaiah 28:15, the Lord rebukes them for making “a lie our refuge and falsehood our hiding place.” God then offers them a true refuge: “See I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic. I will make justice the measuring line; hail will sweep away your refuge, the lie, and water will overflow your hiding place” (Isaiah 28:16–18). We may be tempted to look for safety in things other than God, but such things can only provide a false sense of security. God is the only real refuge we’ll ever find.

God is our refuge. However, that does not mean He will never lead us into difficult or dangerous situations. Jesus led the disciples into a boat, knowing full well that a violent storm was brewing; the disciples were terrified, but Jesus, their refuge, calmed the storm (Matthew 8:23–27). When we are in God’s will, we can face even the most dangerous situations with confidence, because God is with us.

Countless times, God led the Israelites into battles against armies much more powerful than they, yet when they trusted God and obeyed Him, they always came out victorious (see Joshua chapters 6 and 8 for some examples). Jesus told us, “In me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

No matter what our circumstance, the safest place to be is always in the center of God’s will. He promises to be our refuge: “‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’ So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?’” (Hebrews 13:5–6).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well first of all, we are all responsible for our own salvation. You cannot save someone, they have to make the decision to be saved by Jesus. I suggest you do a lot of praying about this whole situation. I don't suggest approaching those sorcerers and trying to preach to them, they might try something. I sense a lot of fear within you, and I can help with something I learned from Joseph Prince. He says, "The root cause of fear, is the fear of condemnation."

So if you accept the gift of salvation from God, you never have to fear condemnation. Once you are not afraid of being condemned, then your fear of other aspects of life will go away. You won't have any fear of persecution, weapons, and the hurtful words of people who hate you.

Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know what Jesus suffered for you? That was so you could be made right with God. I'm 68. I've been born again for 48 years. It is the best possible life. You gain eternal life the moment you accept Christ. It's not always easy, but it sure beats the hell I suffered before I got born again. God will get you through. Christians face death daily in many countries even now. They have the power of God to enable them to endure and overcome. Singapore is pretty safe, from my limited experience. I was there 3 years ago and went to a huge church. No one seemed afraid or intimidated.

um i don't really know what Jesus suffered for me ><
my theology isn't really strong :/

could you share with me your journey about how you came to know Christ?

Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So ... what I would say from what you have described to us so far is ...

You need to leave this guy and girl alone ... and work on strengthening your own standing in Christ.

Now let me explain ...

You have said that the guy and girl are now into sorcery and witchcraft.

Ministry to such as these requires spiritual strength ... which you do not now possess. There is a high level of danger for you from them at this point.

Concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with the Lord, including frequent prayer (at least daily, preferably in the morning and before bed). Also, immerse yourself into a study of the scriptures, perhaps beginning with Matthew's gospel and be sure to join in regular fellowship with other believers. Try to find a source of spiritual counseling from among the body of believers, perhaps a pastor or priest.

If there comes a point where God desires that you minister to this couple ... He will make it clear to you, and will have prepared you. Given the circumstances, I doubt that He would send you to them alone, but perhaps in the company of other strong christians.

Let me reemphasize ...

The kingdom of darkness is remarkably dangerous. For now, you need to keep your distance from it ... and them.

Regarding your fears of vengeance from God ... as I said before, ... God does not avenge Himself against His own. God, currently, is only interested in building up your faith and protecting you from the dangers of the kingdom of darkness.

He has the same desires for your family. I believe that the enemy is trying to scare you into being foolish.

Trust in God to handle everything well. You, your family, ... even this guy and girl. I will be in prayer for you ...

hello thank you for your response!
to be honest i don't know if i'm still in Christ. to be honest, i think that i've fallen so much that i've become a bad tree, a Pharisee, a reprobate who is spiritually useless, and who Jesus wants to vomit out of Himself ><
i was so led astray that i even replaced Jesus with a guy and rejected God and Jesus in the past. But largely because i was desperate for a safe place to take refuge in my previous circumstances, and i thought that guy could help me >< i was deceived to think that way >< then i was afraid of returning to God cos i was afraid of being brutally treated like other Christians in the bible did :/
and i kind of hated God cos i was wondering why He allowed me to go through severe bullying that made me feel so small and worthless in the past.

um to be honest after i left God for the guy, i literally depended on him like he was a god. i saw him as my help and therefore have been finding it hard to let go of him. i also saw him and that girl as my friends initially. just that i felt so betrayed and hurt by them later on that i used God's name and word against them while under the influence of astrology and the enemy, unknowingly ><

God showed me grace at first, wanting me to stop using astrology, to go work, but i was so heartbroken i couldnt do anything. and i was so obsessed with finding out the truth about the guy and girl, and so upset that the guy used me as a backup, hurting me to give the girl happiness.

so i could not let go. i kept messaging the guy, and told him i was feeling suicidal. he got scared, and later turned to sorcery with that girl, to try to attack me, cos they were afraid i would hurt them when i would not. that guy also didn't want me to contact the girl, as he was afraid she would find out about how he tried to take advantage of me. and then God showed me that that guy was trying to destroy me.

God told me to stay close to Him, and to not contact that guy and the girl, unless to do things for Him, like send some sermon cds or share bible verses to bring them back to Him. but i could not trust God enough, and tried to use my own ways to make things better. but i only ended up making things worse. i also felt proud and thought i didn't need God. God was so angry with me, for my sins. And i've been seeing a lot of scary things from then onwards pointing to death :(

i feel really tired from all the constant sorcery attacks, and really want the both of them to stop. but i find it hard to do things God's way. What should i do :(

thank you for being here for me btw! i really appreciate it...

Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't sound like God to me. He is not the author of confusion, but of peace (1Cor 11; James 3). He does not reproach when we ask for wisdom (James 1).

I feel the issue with the other two is a distraction. The main issue is your relationship with God. Get that right and the rest falls into place (Mt 6.33).

Understand that God has not let you down. He cannot do that, because it would violate His character and His word. He promises to work all things for the good for those who love Him (Rom 8.28), but that does not mean that everything that happens to us is good. Thus the need for faith and perseverance.

Where else do you have to go? If you cannot trust your heavenly Father, who then can you trust?

As for the other two people, first note what David writes:

Against You — You alone — I have sinned and done this evil in Your sight. So You are right when You pass sentence; You are blameless when You judge. -Ps 51:4​

God can take care of the other two. And if He wants you to play a part in their redemption, He will give you a sense of clarity and peace about it. But if you're in doubt and confusion, you won't be able to hear His voice accurately. The first step is to go to the Lord and (re)establish your relationship with Him. In due time the rest will be clear to you.

Thank you for your response! But to be honest i feel that i find it hard to love God now.
ive received so much hate and abuse that i feel so angry and resentful towards God. :( how do i deal with these feelings?

Upvote 0