• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ocd got me down. it makes me pray to the Generic God who is different than Christian God. i cant stop praying to the Generic God in my mine. i repeat words and prayers. and if i get anxious about something, i do it again. my ocd always ends up telling me "you did not pray right etc" and despite that I have some other ocd fears, i cant do it. i cant be happy. i used to pray to Christian God a year ago a lot. but... i ended up praying to the Generic God due to ocd. i just cant stop the compulsions. i am thinking about my life to pass the years fast and rest in peace. i am nit thinking about suicide. if tou have something to cheer me up its ok.

I WANT HELP! PLEASE

BigRed009

Aug 6, 2018
Georgia
✟16,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Kostilaks.

I don't know what you mean by "Generic God", but regardless, the enemy commonly fills our minds with thoughts that aren't our own to try and throw us off and keep us from living lives for God. But you have nothing to fear. Jesus is the Lord of your life, not these thoughts that compel you to act a certain way. When you have these thoughts, you are free to ignore them. You are under no obligation to react when they enter you mind. God is all knowing and understands whats happening and understands your heart.

I had OCD-like symptoms years ago and when I started ignoring them, they went away. You have no need to fear them at all. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Bless you Kostilaks

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ (b) As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’(c)

(b) Acts 17:28 From the Cretan philosopher Epimenide
(c) Acts 17:28 From the Cilician Stoic philosopher Aratus

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
my ocd always ends up telling me "you did not pray right etc"

Do you see that Paul did not quote everything that the philosophers got wrong? Instead, he pointed out what it was that they got right.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like your issue could be that you need to adjust your life so that you have a clear conscience before the real God. When we are really subject to Him we can pray to Him with boldness; and He will then subdue our doubts and fears- maybe not to the point where they are not an issue at all, but to the point at least where they are subdued, manageable, and not tormenting us.

Philippians 4:6-9 "6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."

Upvote 0