USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The simple fact that you're concerned proves your innocence. If you have been irreverent towards God, simply ask Him to forgive you. Don't make it a habit.
So if one feels guilty or convicted about something, that means they are innocent of those very things?

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Christopher West explained this in the most understandable way I've heard/read. He wrote:

"If God's mercy and forgiveness are real, we should never fear to acknowledge where we have missed the mark. The only sin we should fear, in fact, is the rationalization of sin - the refusal to acknowledge sin as sin. Such obstinacy involves the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit that Jesus referred to as the "unforgivable sin" (see Matthew 12:32). It's unforgivable because it's unrepentant. So, if we discover we have missed the mark, let us be repentant, and entrust ourselves to God's mercy."​

~https://books.google.com/books?id=K...ming the holy spirit christopher west&f=false

• Winner
Reactions: AnnaDeborah
Upvote 0

Stringfellow_Hawke

Jul 4, 2018
West Virginia
✟37,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So if one feels guilty or convicted about something, that means they are innocent of those very things?

In the case of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, yes.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No.
Yahweh convicts people in their conscience by His Spirit, of sin ,
and it is to be repented of , and not done again.

Otherwise, if it is actually "feelings" (that are notoriously unreliable) of guilt,
it may be false Christians or false Christian teachings making someone feel guilty,
or other human factors not from God's Spirit. i.e. the feelings may be temptations to do something good to make up for whatever felt wrong , and may lead further down the path of iniquity.

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is blasphemy against the holy spirit? I am afraid I committed this sin!

It when you reject God to the point of calling His Spirit to be Satan.
But don't worry. God is not offended by what you may have said
any more than a mom is offended if their toddler sticks up their
middle finger. Be not afraid that God is so stupid as to be offended.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whatever blasphemy is it involves the tongue: Proverbs 18: 21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof".

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You haven't. Something that weighty isn't done by accident or through weakness, it is done fully intentionally. And you don't sound like someone whose heart is hard toward the Lord.

Jesus told His antagonists in John 9, "If you were blind, you would have no sin. But you say you see, so your sin remains". They knew what they were doing and were too proud to repent. That's not you.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the end of Stephens speech in acts 7 tells us sufficiently.
Acts7:51 "You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!"

Matthew 15:18 But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a man. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, and slander.

We need to purify our heart -- pray and ask God to purify our heart. "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart". This is a sweet smelling fragrance before God. He collects these prayers in His Golden Bowel on His Golden alter. Prayer for repentance and a cleansed soul. A humble contrite heart with sorrow for our sin, remorse & regret.

We should come before God with: Thanksgiving, Forgiveness, Intercession, Praise & Adoration, Utter Dependence on Him. To seek wisdom, knowledge & understanding. Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

When God listens to our prayer really what He is doing is using His nose to see if our prayers are a sweet fragrance before him. Just like a mamma does not need to look to see if your children are clean, she can small them and know :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums