• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

please help me. i need advice. i need encourrgment. i do not feel well. please

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a year ago my ocd was like ocd: make a promuse to God not to return home to get new napkins and ask for punishment in case breaking it. i was trying to force myself out of an ocd compulsion which was ocd: return home to get new clean paper napkins in your pockets. i did not want to do it. it has hard for me. so ocd suggested ocd: make a promise not to return home to get newnapkins and ask for punishment. that will make you and force you not to do the compulsion. i was so dizzy that thoughts were happening in my mind and at the last second changed my mind and said no! no promise! no punishment. after this, i was avoiding having paper in my pockets when leaving my house etc. i was like "'i am so worried to do it" ocd was like ocd: maybe the promise is valid. i used to throw paper napkins in toilet instead of getting out of hoyse because it was reminding my ocd the promise. i moved away from that house. i got better by saying to myself " there are paper napkins in my house used. i just take them out to the dustin bin. no promise. no relation" i was able to calm down by thinking stuff like " going out of my house to tthrow away napkins has nothing to do with the ocd thing that was about "no returning home to get new paper napkins" but today i was going to throw away my rubbish i left my home with 2 small bags. due to ocd i returned home with my bags because i forgot some other stuff needed to be thrown out, filled my bags and left again. now my ocd tells me ocd: what have you done? you left your house with 2 bags filled with rubbish. maybe there werr paper napkins in your rubbish. you left the house and instead of throwing them out, you returned home again with the same bags that maybe had paper napkins. you left the bags for a minute in the floor. and then picked them again. maybe that counts as """"""you returned home with napkins in your bag instead of your pockets and you left the napkins inside the bag on the floor, you picked them again. """""maybe that counts as "returning home to get napkins" maybe you broke a promise. maybe a punishment will happen. i am so worried. i never made a promise. was dizzy from ocd and i stopped at the last minute. and i did not break it. i just left with my rubbish and then returned home to get more rubbish. when i returned home i already had the rubbish bag. i left it on floor and picked again. i am not sure if there were any napkins on that bag. please just tell me if there is any relation between my ocd fear and what i did with rubbish.

• Prayers
Reactions: JustRachel

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
a year ago my ocd was like ocd: make a promuse to God not to return home to get new napkins and ask for punishment in case breaking it. i was trying to force myself out of an ocd compulsion which was ocd: return home to get new clean paper napkins in your pockets. i did not want to do it. it has hard for me. so ocd suggested ocd: make a promise not to return home to get newnapkins and ask for punishment. that will make you and force you not to do the compulsion. i was so dizzy that thoughts were happening in my mind and at the last second changed my mind and said no! no promise! no punishment. after this, i was avoiding having paper in my pockets when leaving my house etc. i was like "'i am so worried to do it" ocd was like ocd: maybe the promise is valid. i used to throw paper napkins in toilet instead of getting out of hoyse because it was reminding my ocd the promise. i moved away from that house. i got better by saying to myself " there are paper napkins in my house used. i just take them out to the dustin bin. no promise. no relation" i was able to calm down by thinking stuff like " going out of my house to tthrow away napkins has nothing to do with the ocd thing that was about "no returning home to get new paper napkins" but today i was going to throw away my rubbish i left my home with 2 small bags. due to ocd i returned home with my bags because i forgot some other stuff needed to be thrown out, filled my bags and left again. now my ocd tells me ocd: what have you done? you left your house with 2 bags filled with rubbish. maybe there werr paper napkins in your rubbish. you left the house and instead of throwing them out, you returned home again with the same bags that maybe had paper napkins. you left the bags for a minute in the floor. and then picked them again. maybe that counts as """"""you returned home with napkins in your bag instead of your pockets and you left the napkins inside the bag on the floor, you picked them again. """""maybe that counts as "returning home to get napkins" maybe you broke a promise. maybe a punishment will happen. i am so worried. i never made a promise. was dizzy from ocd and i stopped at the last minute. and i did not break it. i just left with my rubbish and then returned home to get more rubbish. when i returned home i already had the rubbish bag. i left it on floor and picked again. i am not sure if there were any napkins on that bag. please just tell me if there is any relation between my ocd fear and what i did with rubbish.

You appear able to recognize what and what is not OCD. But I don't see you responding to almost any of the posts in response to your topics. And the only real thing that should be suggested is for you to see a doctor since you indicated in other topics that you are not currently seeing a doctor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please seek professional help with your ocd.

You cannot make it 'better' by yourself.
Please seek help. From a website I found these 10 points.

1. OCD is chronic
2. Two of the main features of OCD are doubt and guilt
3. Although you can resist performing a compulsion, you cannot refuse to think an obsessive thought
4. Cognitive/Behavioral Therapy is the best form of treatment for OCD
5. While medication is a help, it is not a complete treatment in itself
6. You cannot and should not depend upon the help of others to manage your anxiety or to get well
7. The goal of any good treatment is to teach you to become your own therapist
8. You cannot rely upon your own intuition in deciding how to deal with OCD
9. Getting recovered takes time
10. Relapse is a potential risk that must be guarded against

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Face to Face counseling is best.
You will find some people post here
not actually looking for discussion but
with the intention of wasting the time
of other people. So watch out for
people like that.

Upvote 0

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You appear able to recognize what and what is not OCD. But I don't see you responding to almost any of the posts in response to your topics. And the only real thing that should be suggested is for you to see a doctor since you indicated in other topics that you are not currently seeing a doctor.

hello! the problem is I was very worried for all of the other situtations but deep down I knew they were thoughts without my will.

no about the napkin thing. I remember making the words in my mind about the promise with my will although I was dizzy and exchausted from ocd. I was so tired to do the compulsion that I was thinking of making a promise to God that will force me not to do the compulsion. words-thoughts happened in my head and in the last minute I canceled them. I think. what if I did not canceled them? there some thoughts like " do not return home to get new napkins"

today, I went to throw away my rubbish and I returned home to get some more. there is a chance I put in my rubbish used napkins. why I worry now? because as I remember other times I was already home when I was throwing away rubbish that contained used napkins. I mean, I woke up, took my rubbish out and then return home to relax. now I worry because, I was already out and returned home to get the other rubbish that maybe contained napkins. I am not sure if they did. what if they contained napkins?
so ocd is telling me

ocd: remember the maybe valid promise that you maybe made without your will? "no return home to get new napkins" practically you just did it.

Upvote 0

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You will find some people post here
not actually looking for discussion but
with the intention of wasting the time
of other people. So watch out for
people like that.

hello! the problem is I was very worried for all of the other situtations but deep down I knew they were thoughts without my will.

no about the napkin thing. I remember making the words in my mind about the promise with my will although I was dizzy and exchausted from ocd. I was so tired to do the compulsion that I was thinking of making a promise to God that will force me not to do the compulsion. words-thoughts happened in my head and in the last minute I canceled them. I think. what if I did not canceled them? there some thoughts like " do not return home to get new napkins"

today, I went to throw away my rubbish and I returned home to get some more. there is a chance I put in my rubbish used napkins. why I worry now? because as I remember other times I was already home when I was throwing away rubbish that contained used napkins. I mean, I woke up, took my rubbish out and then return home to relax. now I worry because, I was already out and returned home to get the other rubbish that maybe contained napkins. I am not sure if they did. what if they contained napkins?
so ocd is telling me

ocd: remember the maybe valid promise that you maybe made without your will? "no return home to get new napkins" practically you maybe just did it

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

so ocd is telling me

ocd: remember the maybe valid promise that you maybe made without your will? "no return home to get new napkins" practically you maybe just did it
People on forums will waste your time and make you dizzy and exhausted.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

so ocd is telling me

ocd: remember the maybe valid promise that you maybe made without your will? "no return home to get new napkins" practically you just did it.

So why aren't you getting professional help?

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please seek professional help with your ocd.

You cannot make it 'better' by yourself.
Please seek help. From a website I found these 10 points.

1. OCD is chronic
2. Two of the main features of OCD are doubt and guilt
3. Although you can resist performing a compulsion, you cannot refuse to think an obsessive thought
4. Cognitive/Behavioral Therapy is the best form of treatment for OCD
5. While medication is a help, it is not a complete treatment in itself
6. You cannot and should not depend upon the help of others to manage your anxiety or to get well
7. The goal of any good treatment is to teach you to become your own therapist
8. You cannot rely upon your own intuition in deciding how to deal with OCD
9. Getting recovered takes time
10. Relapse is a potential risk that must be guarded against
This is excellent advice. You need professional help, and/or you need to start working on your OCD yourself. If you're not sure how to do that, I can give you some tips.

Upvote 0