• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just read my bio on this website and it struck me. I’ve been on this site for 5 years looking for answers and I never have got any better.
I read my bio and I said in it that I am 19 and that I still have the same problems since age 15.
I’m now 21 and am still the same way. Will I ever become normal again or will I always be in this state :(

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just read my bio on this website and it struck me. I’ve been on this site for 5 years looking for answers and I never have got any better.
I read my bio and I said in it that I am 19 and that I still have the same problems since age 15.
I’m now 21 and am still the same way. Will I ever become normal again or will I always be in this state :(
God really loves you and remember, Jesus died for you and Jesus is always faithful.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Why do I feel no strong connection with people and also God/Jesus
I used to experience that.

What was happening in my case was that distractions that the bible calls sin were keeping me from perceiving God.

On top of this, the way the bible is taught commonly in churches compounds this "magnifying" the distractions.

However, perhaps something else is going on with you.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm so sorry! I would be horribly depressed without God. I remember a quote, "If you don't feel close to God, guess who moved." It caused me to seek God and plead with Him to show me truth. I began to pray more than once a day. I read my Bible often looking for truth. A lot of verses touched my heart. Then a lot of stress came into my life. I prayed more and more and God helped me survive.Now I trust God more than ever before.

I hope you will turn to Him because He helps more than any human can. God bless you!

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do I feel no strong connection with people and also God/Jesus
It could be a lot of things but remember we also can't always rely on feelings because they change so much. God never changes.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Andrew message me what is going on. It could be your diet, exercise, bad habits you have. Could be a combination of being an introvert, and just being a unique person. I say all this because I am like you too.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Andrew message me what is going on. It could be your diet, exercise, bad habits you have. Could be a combination of being an introvert, and just being a unique person. I say all this because I am like you too.
What do you mean?

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My diet is normal and balanced except at this time of year and Easter.
I’ve been going to the gym for 5 years but stopped going 2 months ago when membership ran out.
I am am introvert

I don’t think it is down to any of these things. As a child I had crushes on girls in my class and as a teenager I was very attracted to women. It just seemed to end suddenly,
like one day I just realised I wasn’t getting the same feelings anymore - it felt like my brain wasn’t aroused anymore. My feelings for women hasn’t come back in 5 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What do you mean?

I don't think his account is set up for private messaging. When you click on a person's name it should say "Start a Conversation."

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

leticia Quinonez

Mar 8, 2020
Raleigh NC
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Focus on what you have done, not what you didn't?

It hurts me thinking I can't just make it better for you.

I know at least one person like you (neverending pain), but they have learnt what they needed to - you should be encouraged?

Upvote 0

leticia Quinonez

Mar 8, 2020
Raleigh NC
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hey there, I am so sorry to hear about your fear of…………
……..

I totally understand how you feel as I have suffered from this for a long time.

It’s actually embarrassing as none of my friends or family have ever had the same issue. I would love to help you and tell you what I did to help me get over this fear.

I tried many different things and none worked as well!

I actually came across a video on YouTube that I followed and it worked really well.

Here is that link>>>

Click on the link above and when you get to the landing page, click where it says I am not a robot’ and then you will be sent to the YouTube video that will have the steps you can take to help you with your fear.

The best part is you don’t need to buy anything just watch the video and follow the advice and tips it gives you.

I hope it helps, all the best!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey there, I am so sorry to hear about your fear of…………
……..

I totally understand how you feel as I have suffered from this for a long time.

It’s actually embarrassing as none of my friends or family have ever had the same issue. I would love to help you and tell you what I did to help me get over this fear.

I tried many different things and none worked as well!

I actually came across a video on YouTube that I followed and it worked really well.

Here is that link>>>

Click on the link above and when you get to the landing page, click where it says I am not a robot’ and then you will be sent to the YouTube video that will have the steps you can take to help you with your fear.

The best part is you don’t need to buy anything just watch the video and follow the advice and tips it gives you.

I hope it helps, all the best!
Thanks for your message but I don’t have panic attacks

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean?

The best way to find the mind of God for peace and blessings is to put the Lord Jesus first in one's life. I recommend you read John 14 and Rom. 10 first and then follow that counsel, and come to know the Lord Jesus making Him lord of your life and best Friend. HE WILL LEAD YOU!
You might find much help at the Biblecounsel web site, as I do. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,011,713.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Carry your cross for Jesus.

Offer up those sufferings to Him.

Be strong. Continue on the path with Jesus carrying you, while you carry your cross.

Never give up, however hard things are.

God bless, protect and guide you my friend

Upvote 0