United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Who are "the least of these?"

The ones that have no defense. I cannot defend myself from God. My arms are too short to box with God. Jesus was specifically speaking of children, but it just as true to anyone that has realized that God is just too big to fight, and he needs God's grace.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes Paul warns us about "Antinomianism". Because now being made alive in Christ; which is God doing, not ours. We now live to God.

In Galatians 6 Paul is speaking against those who think that they can sin, because they are not under the Law, but under Grace. These people do not understand the Gospel of Paul. The Gospel is not a license to sin. But we do not MAINTAIN our salvation through our works. We are saved through the person and works of Christ!

1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

In Christ is the only place we can build our piety toward God. Since we have died to sin, we can now live to God, not to attain or maintain our salvation. But because we are ALREADY saved in Christ who accomplished everything for us!

You are contradicting yourself. All have been made alive in Christ, according to Paul. Do you think all will be saved? No, those who cooperate with and endure in God's grace will be saved.

1 Cor 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Tell me, what happens to those who have been made alive by Christ but who live in unrepentant sin? Will they be cut off?

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A great verse. Notice there is a rejection of the gospel.

No one posting here denies the warnings of apostasy.

Judas tagged along for free meals and attention for 3 years but was never convinced of the gospel taught and miracles performed by Christ. He killed himself confirming he did not think Christ "big enough" to forgive him. Peter denied our Lord but knew Christ would be merciful.

I believe the ultimate difference between the two was preservation. Not perseverance.

Yes, a rejection after once having faith. You can't shipwreck a vessel unless you first have a vessel.

The bible is full of warnings against falling away. Why are they there if it is not possible to fall away?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
At the end of the day, it's human pride. Coming to understand and accept God's sovereignty in election is utterly humbling.
For the people considered saved by it. For those who are not it's a nice one-way ticket to hell. I'm sure you are humbled by it since you are "elect".

I'm sure you follow Christ's second most important commandment and love your neighbor as yourself and are in deep, deep despair over all of those going to hell. Do you cry for them or give it a thought at all or are you too busy being humbled by God's sovereignity each day?

• Agree
Reactions: Thursday
Upvote 0

ladodgers6

Know what you believe and why you believe it
Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Los Angeles
✟192,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You are contradicting yourself.
How am I contradicting myself? Please explain.
All have been made alive in Christ, according to Paul.
How have 'ALL' been made alive in Christ? What have they done to be made alive in Christ?
Do you think all will be saved? No, those who cooperate with and endure in God's grace will be saved.
So Salvation 'ULTIMATELY' is accomplished by man? Christ is not sufficient to save man? Man has to complete the 'FINAL' step in order to seal the deal in his/her salvation?
So are you suggesting that those made alive Christ, are not Saved? But are put in a neutral position, between death & life, and have a decision to make in saving themselves or not?
Titus 2:11
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Yes the Gospel is a universal invitation to all sinners!
Tell me, what happens to those who have been made alive by Christ but who live in unrepentant sin? Will they be cut off?
This is a trick question. Because you believe that every person that ever lived is made alive by God. I do not agree with you here. Those whom the Father gives to Christ is made alive by God in Christ.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How am I contradicting myself? Please explain.
How have 'ALL' been made alive in Christ? What have they done to be made alive in Christ?
So Salvation 'ULTIMATELY' is accomplished by man? Christ is not sufficient to save man? Man has to complete the 'FINAL' step in order to seal the deal in his/her salvation?
So are you suggesting that those made alive Christ, are not Saved? But are put in a neutral position, between death & life, and have a decision to make in saving themselves or not?
Yes the Gospel is a universal invitation to all sinners!
This is a trick question. Because you believe that every person that ever lived is made alive by God. I do not agree with you here. Those whom the Father gives to Christ is made alive by God in Christ.

I just provided direct quotes from scripture that contradict your man made dogma.

The bible tells us that as all die in Adam, all have been made alive in Christ. ALL

Now what? This means that we are all capable of answering the call of Jesus.

Those who cooperate with and persist in this free gift of grace will be saved.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think you only have to go to the next verse to see who Paul is talking about:

23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think you only have to go to the next verse to see who Paul is talking about:

23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming.

Who are Christ's?

John 15:10
If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Matt 25
40“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just provided direct quotes from scripture that contradict your man made dogma.

The bible tells us that as all die in Adam, all have been made alive in Christ. ALL

Now what? This means that we are all capable of answering the call of Jesus.

Maybe this "dogma" you speak of was explained at the Council of Orange:

CANON 6. If anyone says that God has mercy upon us when, apart from his grace, we believe, will, desire, strive, labor, pray, watch, study, seek, ask, or knock, but does not confess that it is by the infusion and inspiration of the Holy Spirit within us that we have the faith, the will, or the strength to do all these things as we ought; or if anyone makes the assistance of grace depend on the humility or obedience of man and does not agree that it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble, he contradicts the Apostle who says, "What have you that you did not receive?" (1 Cor. 4:7), and, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Cor. 15:10).

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe this "dogma" you speak of was explained at the Council of Orange:

CANON 6. If anyone says that God has mercy upon us when, apart from his grace, we believe, will, desire, strive, labor, pray, watch, study, seek, ask, or knock, but does not confess that it is by the infusion and inspiration of the Holy Spirit within us that we have the faith, the will, or the strength to do all these things as we ought; or if anyone makes the assistance of grace depend on the humility or obedience of man and does not agree that it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble, he contradicts the Apostle who says, "What have you that you did not receive?" (1 Cor. 4:7), and, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Cor. 15:10).

The ASSISTANCE OF GRACE!!!

What does grace assist us to do? You even distort Catholic authors to suit your dogma!

Grace is a free gift which enables us to please God. It ASSISTS US!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who are Christ's?

John 15:10
If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Matt 25
40“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
You assume the very people you engage here don't think the above are attributes of those saved by Grace.

That may be the entire problem with your approach. It seems you are railing against some antinomian straw man.

The attributes you list are exactly that. Fruits of one who is born from above. Which we cannot elect to crawl into a mother's womb, nor can we will ourselves to be born of God.

We must consider causation. Meaning the cart does not come before the horse.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You assume the very people you engage here don't think the above are attributes of those saved by Grace.

That may be the entire problem with your approach. It seems you are railing against some antinomian straw man.

The attributes you list are exactly that. Fruits of one who is born from above. Which we cannot elect to crawl into a mother's womb, nor can we will ourselves to be born of God.

We must consider causation. Meaning the cart does not come before the horse.

So which comes first, reaping or sowing?

Jesus says IF WE OBEY we will remain in his love. Which comes first?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What does grace assist us to do? You even distort Catholic authors to suit your dogma!

Yet you have stated it is our cooperation which enables us to stand in God's Grace. The assistance mentioned in canon 6 is God's act not our own. The plain words are there.

All we have, and all we have to give are attributed to God's Grace. That is what canon 6 explains. No where is there an indication that a free will cooperates with the Works of God. Now Trent may say that but Orange does not.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So which comes first, reaping or sowing?

Jesus says IF WE OBEY we will remain in his love. Which comes first?
The sowing of seed which is the Gospel. For if we sow with our own seed we will reap wrath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ladodgers6

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Los Angeles
✟192,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Its your prerogative to judge who ever you want. I know what I believe and why I believe it. I also see here, that you avoided a lot of my questions. And that's okay too!

Now what?
And I asked you, how did everyone die in the first Adam? How is everyone made alive in Christ? Why avoid these crucial questions?
This means that we are all capable of answering the call of Jesus.
Can you explain this in more detail? Will you explain this in more detail?
What does FREE GIFT OF GRACE, mean to you?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

God doesn't share His glory with men.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ladodgers6

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Los Angeles
✟192,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

What is this free gift you speak of? Just asking, no need to get mad. I just want to get clarity so I can respond without caricaturing what you are saying.

Upvote 0