FL
✟16,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When our Lord saved me, immediately the holy spirit revealed to me the sin that surrounded me my family. Just in time too, I was ignoring the things the kids were doing just so I didn't have to "deal" with the situation., or them for that matter. If they were occupied by whatever contraption they were on, whether it be a game or the internet it was better than them annoying me by quoting stupid memes or vines or whatever weird pun or saying that was being passed through the grape vine from child to child like a disease. Did you know that the word "meme" means :: an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation. almost sounds like a disease.... and the bad ones travel much faster than the good of course. What i was allowing to go on around me was unbelievable. I did not realize how much influence just simple music has on the mind. Look it up. "Google it" if you will. you will find that "Music is the sound of the spirit" music memory templates, subliminal message... there is even music called "soul".... I never even put that connection together in my mind and it was so obvious......scary to think about. especially with what I was listening to. Music is far from harmless. I have noticed that it takes around 10 years for music to program a being to do the task at hand. years ago, a lot of the kids I remember was so extremely worried about going to "war" and then they came out with "war" as the key topic in music and now there is a whole bunch of kids lined up ready to go about 10 years later. I'm sure my time frame is not completely accurate, but interesting if ya think about it. My daughter pointed out some songs about shooting up schools, killing parents and things that kids were listening to and it was over ten years ago when the songs came out and now here we are. It is shaping our youth. Subliminal messaging. Well on top of that the video games as well and stupid social media videos and memes melting our minds and these children crave it. I use to just let it slide because the kids weren't in my "hair" but you will be sorry when the Lord decides to have you approach the situation. I had taught them to use music as a emotional buffer. When I was upset, to block out the world I would turn up the music and sing or "jam" if you will.. Well that's the point I needed to turn to the Lord to lead me through my problems and talk it out to him. praise him even. that's what music if for. It was like having to deal withdrawls from drugs when i took control of my kids music and internet experience. Just mind numbing it all is dulling our senses.
Be careful with what you allow. Be a smart sheep.
Hope this helped someone out :)

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you, Eerin, for sharing that. I'm dealing with much the same struggle right now in my own family, where we're having to restrict our 15 year old's access to the internet after having let it get out of control over the past few years.

There's a lot more pain involved in doing it that way, rather than setting up sensible controls and limits from the start. But tech is a very easy and relatively cheap babysitter and too many of us fall into that trap.

I'm not against technology, or the internet for that matter. I'm using it right now in a {hopefully} productive and edifying way. But I've also wasted hundreds of hours of my life playing games and viewing material which was damaging to my soul.

The internet is a tool, neither good or evil of itself. So is a chainsaw, and we don't hand our kids one of those and tell them to go play in the yard.

Friendly advice, hit the enter key every once in awhile to break up the text wall and make it easier to read.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Eerin

Feb 15, 2018
FL
✟16,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Eerin, for sharing that. I'm dealing with much the same struggle right now in my own family, where we're having to restrict our 15 year old's access to the internet after having let it get out of control over the past few years.

There's a lot more pain involved in doing it that way, rather than setting up sensible controls and limits from the start. But tech is a very easy and relatively cheap babysitter and too many of us fall into that trap.

I'm not against technology, or the internet for that matter. I'm using it right now in a {hopefully} productive and edifying way. But I've also wasted hundreds of hours of my life playing games and viewing material which was damaging to my soul.

The internet is a tool, neither good or evil of itself. So is a chainsaw, and we don't hand our kids one of those and tell them to go play in the yard.

Friendly advice, hit the enter key every once in awhile to break up the text wall and make it easier to read.
thanks for the tip :)

Upvote 0