Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, it's a theory backed by absolutely no evidence. You already know it's not true, so I don't fully understand how you having OCD gives credence to something you know is untrue. It was us to corrupted God's perfect plan. God didn't take on the form of man until Christ came, so He wasn't in need of an incorruptible body, or even a corruptible one. He had to come as He did as a sacrifice.

Reactions: HiY'all
Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! I thought my mind sometimes conjours up convoluted ideas! LOL.
I'm just struggling to think how to disprove this. One thing is, if we originally created the earth, where were we before the earth was made? Don't forget that the whole universe including angels were created by God. Did we also create time?
What you have done is to try to turn the whole creation and redemption story on its head, and actually almost turning God into the Enemy. It's far too late at night for me to properly consider your theory, I'm afraid. But I'm sure someone else can disprove what you are suggesting.
I will read with interest what others have to say.

Upvote 0

HiY'all

Oct 20, 2017
Texas
✟8,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, it's a theory backed by absolutely no evidence. You already know it's not true, so I don't fully understand how you having OCD gives credence to something you know is untrue. It was us to corrupted God's perfect plan. God didn't take on the form of man until Christ came, so He wasn't in need of an incorruptible body, or even a corruptible one. He had to come as He did as a sacrifice.
Yes, I know it has absolutely no evidence but when you have OCD and there's even the slightest chance it could be true, you will fear that it is and will want to make sure it isn't and stuff like that. That's why I would like the theory to be proved wrong. :o

Reactions: tansy
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's not a matter of you being crazy but why let your imagination rule when we have a bible full of information to draw from ? Even the secular world doesn't think we once were the creator but just evolved. Never mind bringing evidence to disprove your thoughts, there is no evidence to prove them or even to suspect them as something plausible. So your best bet is to drop it and chock it up to a fantasy.

Upvote 0

HiY'all

Oct 20, 2017
Texas
✟8,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow! I thought my mind sometimes conjours up convoluted ideas! LOL.
I'm just struggling to think how to disprove this. One thing is, if we originally created the earth, where were we before the earth was made? Don't forget that the whole universe including angels were created by God. Did we also create time?
What you have done is to try to turn the whole creation and redemption story on its head, and actually almost turning God into the Enemy. It's far too late at night for me to properly consider your theory, I'm afraid. But I'm sure someone else can disprove what you are suggesting.
I will read with interest what others have to say.
I guess theoretically we could just have spiritual bodies and be no where and then make ourselves physical bodies and possess them on earth. And also theoretically, if we were powerful and stuff then we could create time, universe, and stuff. Also, God could create the angels, and perhaps some of the angels theoretically turned to good (complete opposite of the truth) and God theoretically would keep them from telling us the "truth". If you have any spare time later, please disprove it; it gives me so much stress when I make up stuff like this and can't disprove it. :(

Upvote 0

HiY'all

Oct 20, 2017
Texas
✟8,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not a matter of you being crazy but why let your imagination rule when we have a bible full of information to draw from ? Even the secular world doesn't think we once were the creator but just evolved. Never mind bringing evidence to disprove your thoughts, there is no evidence to prove them or even to suspect them as something plausible. So your best bet is to drop it and chock it up to a fantasy.
I'll try :) But if there is even the slightest chance it could be true (like what if theoretically God is tricking us), I will worry that it is and will obsess about it. :o sry :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I know it has absolutely no evidence but when you have OCD and there's even the slightest chance it could be true, you will fear that it is and will want to make sure it isn't and stuff like that. That's why I would like the theory to be proved wrong. :eek:
I understand. I hope my post didn't come across as rude or anything. My mind races a lot too with strange ideas and theories ^_^ I honestly don't know if there's a way to disprove the theory. I mean, if the bible itself doesn't disprove it, backed by Christ Himself when He spoke about creation, Adam and Eve, etc, there's not much else you're going to find outside of that.

My best shot:

We don't become like Jesus. Jesus became like us. He stepped down from His throne as a member of the Godhead and became a man, but not through normal seed. When Jesus died and resurrected, it changed Him. Just the same, when we die and we are resurrected by the same power, our bodies will become incorruptible like Christ's was. But that is not the same form as God Himself. We can't even look upon God in our mortal selves because He is Holy and we are corrupted currently.

There's a verse in the bible when someone sees Christ, I think it was Mary, and she was told not to touch Him because He hadn't yet completed what He had to do. So, even in His raw spiritual form, He could be seen, but not touched. He then had to take His own blood and put it on the altar in Heaven, much like the priests did in the Jewish temple.

Once the blood was sprinkled on and mankind was saved. It was afterward when He returned yet again that they could touch Him, put a hand through His side, and through the nail holes in his hands and feet. So, that's the body we will get, but it's still not the same as God the Father's presence, nor that of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess theoretically we could just have spiritual bodies and be no where and then make ourselves physical bodies and possess them on earth. And also theoretically, if we were powerful and stuff then we could create time, universe, and stuff. Also, God could create the angels, and perhaps some of the angels theoretically turned to good (complete opposite of the truth) and God theoretically would keep them from telling us the "truth". If you have any spare time later, please disprove it; it gives me so much stress when I make up stuff like this and can't disprove it. :(

You know, I don't think it's actually possible to prove or disprove anything much absloutely and completely. One can drive oneself mad trying to do that.
There are many things in life which, out of sheer practicality or lack of money, we cannot set out to prove by ourselves. For example, I have no actual absolute proof that Australia exists...'Neighbours' might just be a tv series based solely on an imaginary country, with the actors inventing a different accent, for all I really know. I only have atlases and historical and news stories to go on - I've never actually been there.
Your trying to get people to disprove your theory, is a bit like me trying to to get someone to disprove a theory that Australia doesn't exist. No way could they truly do that, unless they actually took me to Australia...even then, I could argue the toss - I could say, no you've fed me a mind-altering drug or hypnotised me or something.
Perhaps you should ask God Himself to disprove your theory.

(And I hope to goodness I haven't put doubts in your mind about Australia!)

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Why waste your time at all on this stuff ? Pursue God, Jesus Christ and let Him work in you. All the effort you put into pursuing phantoms and fantasies could be used pursuing the living God, His living Word and put into trusting them .. You don't have to entertain your OCD.

Upvote 0

HiY'all

Oct 20, 2017
Texas
✟8,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand. I hope my post didn't come across as rude or anything. My mind races a lot too with strange ideas and theories ^_^ I honestly don't know if there's a way to disprove the theory. I mean, if the bible itself doesn't disprove it, backed by Christ Himself when He spoke about creation, Adam and Eve, etc, there's not much else you're going to find outside of that.

My best shot:

We don't become like Jesus. Jesus became like us. He stepped down from His throne as a member of the Godhead and became a man, but not through normal seed. When Jesus died and resurrected, it changed Him. Just the same, when we die and we are resurrected by the same power, our bodies will become incorruptible like Christ's was. But that is not the same form as God Himself. We can't even look upon God in our mortal selves because He is Holy and we are corrupted currently.

There's a verse in the bible when someone sees Christ, I think it was Mary, and she was told not to touch Him because He hadn't yet completed what He had to do. So, even in His raw spiritual form, He could be seen, but not touched. He then had to take His own blood and put it on the altar in Heaven, much like the priests did in the Jewish temple.

Once the blood was sprinkled on and mankind was saved. It was afterward when He returned yet again that they could touch Him, put a hand through His side, and through the nail holes in his hands and feet. So, that's the body we will get, but it's still not the same as God the Father's presence, nor that of the Spirit.
No, it wasn't rude at all :) I completely understand. As far as trying to prove the theory wrong: Theoretically though, Jesus would be a man whose contamination is lifted by God. So theoretically He wouldn't be God (however I know that this isn't true). As far as not being able to look at God; e.g. God passing by Moses. Theoretically, God could lift the contamination off a man and get the man to move past Moses quickly so that's why Moses' face shone. Also the theory would assume that Christ perhaps didn't die and made everyone think He did and stuff (I know that that isn't true either). Also is there a Bible verse that talks about Jesus sprinkling His blood on an altar in Heaven? Thanks for replying! :) I'm going to look more deeply and try to disprove the theory that man had only a spiritual body in the beginning cause that would probably disprove it all. :)

Upvote 0

HiY'all

Oct 20, 2017
Texas
✟8,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know, I don't think it's actually possible to prove or disprove anything much absloutely and completely. One can drive oneself mad trying to do that.
There are many things in life which, out of sheer practicality or lack of money, we cannot set out to prove by ourselves. For example, I have no actual absolute proof that Australia exists...'Neighbours' might just be a tv series based solely on an imaginary country, with the actors inventing a different accent, for all I really know. I only have atlases and historical and news stories to go on - I've never actually been there.
Your trying to get people to disprove your theory, is a bit like me trying to to get someone to disprove a theory that Australia doesn't exist. No way could they truly do that, unless they actually took me to Australia...even then, I could argue the toss - I could say, no you've fed me a mind-altering drug or hypnotised me or something.
Perhaps you should ask God Himself to disprove your theory.

(And I hope to goodness I haven't put doubts in your mind about Australia!)

I am driving myself mad doing this :( Lol you could just board a plane and get to Australia maybe. :) I have asked God to :) He doesn't usually speak directly to people though. And yeah I guess my theory can just change and change so no one can disprove it which sucks. :( it's giving me a lot of stress agh. If I could disprove that we didn't only have spiritual bodies in the beginning then that would disprove it lol or if we didn't theoretically create the universe or something like that lol or really any point where it just doesn't line up. I just have to stop and try to do all that in my spare time. :o

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey so I'm not sure where to post this. I'm new here and I'm a Christian but I've made up some weird philosophy that I can't seem to completely disprove yet and I really want it to be disproved; I don't think I'll have any peace until it is disproved.

Maybe I'm just crazy or illogical (tell me if I am in a nice way haha and I also have OCD so yeah maybe I am crazy but if you tell me that please give a reason why this theory is wrong. Please don't give a reason like: lol this is all crazy) As you read, please completely read as a theory; I do not believe any of the stuff my mind has conjured up; however, I would really like someone to disprove it because I haven't found a point where I can disprove it (or maybe I have but I'm blind lol).

But anyways, here's the weird theory I made up that I'd like someone to disprove (please don't laugh): What if we were divine, created the earth and all things good, and were the originator of good and then God who would be THEORETICALLY bad/evil (I know He isn't) somehow contaminated it and everything became fallen.

The contamination would take away our theoretical power to create out of nothing, our creativity to actually have new ideas based off of totally nothing (I mean how God has ideas off of nothing), and the contamination would also cause us to become evil and not as good as we were originally.

Of course, the theoretical original people would have to forget all this or God would have to theoretically take away the memory. I'm not even sure that our brain would physically be able to think completely new ideas and stuff so that would probably disprove all this hopefully. But what if ability theoretically got taken away lol.

What if God theoretically made a pact with Christ saying that He would take away His contamination so that Christ could be what theoretically we were originally supposed to be: divine and perfect? And what would God theoretically get out of this pact: People would turn to Him and worship Him. Jesus would get people worshipping Him.

Theoretically, the reason we become more like Jesus is because God would theoretically lift off the contamination, slowly making us what we were originally supposed to be. Every time we would do a miracle in Jesus' name God would theoretically lift off more of the contamination in that moment.

This whole theory is like the truth twisted so I know that there has to be a point where it just doesn't make any sense or line up with reality. Anyways please tell me if I'm crazy which I think I am but if you do please also give reasons why you know this could not be true.

Yes, I am a Christian so I know this really isn't true, I don't believe it is true, I really don't want this to be true and it hurts typing all this out but I just have OCD and if something is not disproven even if it sounds crazy then I can't have peace and I can't let it go. And yes I know this is empty philosophy. So please just disprove it and please be kind. :) looking for some help and some peace:) Thanks!!!

Hello "Brand New Member"
with issues
and problems.

Check with your local church.
Go in peace.

Upvote 0

HiY'all

Oct 20, 2017
Texas
✟8,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why waste your time at all on this stuff ? Pursue God, Jesus Christ and let Him work in you. All the effort you put into pursuing phantoms and fantasies could be used pursuing the living God, His living Word and put into trusting them .. You don't have to entertain your OCD.
I just feel like I can't stop until I find a point where my theory doesn't line up. :( I'll try to do what you are saying but I have so much anxiety, fear, and doubt right now cause I just can't find a point.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was just wondering. What if Job would have laid that one on God? Truly, might have been the end of mankind forever?

God said -- where were you when I made the heavens and the Earth?

If we know the answer to that question it will keep us in our humble place.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thing is, one can distort the Bible to say more or less anything one wants...especially if taken out of context. Amd one can come up with all kinds of theories. I've nearly driven myself crazy trying to answer impossible questions in Scripture. In the end one can't know everything and has to just believe and trust what one does know.
It seems to me that what you're saying is 'what if what I believe isn't actually true?' Well, many of us even without OCD try and look at things every which way and start wondering if things happened a bit of a different way, but generally speaking, we return to what we know and believe. (Unless something convinces us otherwise).
I'm not sure what the solution is for you. I'm afraid I still can't put my mind to it today as I am at the moment surrounded by really noisy family members...not conducive to trying to work things out!

Upvote 0