Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
Hi all,

NOTICE TO MODERATORS*
I dont know if i would be breaking any rules by posting this thread, however, if i am please let me know and i will understand, thanks:

EVERYONE*

Hi all, please check out this thread and see whats up- people are saying that Yitzhak was not the one who was the Akeida

http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=1544152&postcount=424

shalom u'bracha

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
Yes, it would seem that the moderators of this site or the administrators concider Islam a form of Judeo-christianity.They have allowed a place for these people in C.F. This is really sad because Islam is the truest example of Anti-Christian religion there is. It is militant and calls for world domination, conversion or death.

Only one God, and one truth. All others are lies. OnlyTruth is eternal by its very nature.

Charles in Florida

Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
Thanks charles,

All of this is understood- Islam funny for it branches from Orthodox Judaism and Roman christianity.
However, what do you think of the article written that Yitshak was not the one sacrificed but it was Yishamael?

Funny arguements they have- I have my own rebuttal against it - because it takes a looking closely to scripture. However, what do all you of you say?

thanks again

shalom u brachot

Upvote 0

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
Hello again,

Yishamael was the first born but not the promised or the chosen. Throughout the scriptures God teaches us that it is his election that counts. Yishamael was born by the will of the flesh rather than the fulfillment of the promise through faith. Avram Alvenu loved this son also and by God's grace he too became a great nation of people.

The line that was to bring Messiah was the line of faith, not through the will of man.

charles in Florida

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a discussion taking place in a forum on CF that specifically for such exchange:
Open Discussion & Debate > Non-Christian Spirituality & Religion - like the title says. The presence of such discussion in no way indicates the stand or opinion of the owner nor the moderators. The job of a moderator in such a forum would include ensuring that everyone gets a fair chance to be heard, that no one is the source of or subjected to vicious attacks/rebuttals and that people are not stalked or reticuled for their convictions - be they Jew, Christian, Islamic, Buddahist (sp?), or stark atheist. Civil pronouncement and exchange of various views from the outlook of various faiths and belief systems - usually in direct conflict with Judeo-Christian belief is the order of the day.:)

It is a forum for exchange/dialogue with those of any NON-Christian Religion/Spirituality.

Upvote 0

WanderingMagi

Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
✟445.00
Faith
Protestant
Charlesinflorida said:
This is really sad because Islam is the truest example of Anti-Christian religion there is. It is militant and calls for world domination, conversion or death.

This is really offensive! Go and read the Quran before you say anything else about Islam.
The Quran directly says that people of the book (at least!) are not to be forcibly converted, but to be debated with in a free and instructional manner.
Muslim states during the middle agesactually tolerated other faiths. Christians very rarely did so: Jews were the best treated, and they were treated appallingly.
Some muslims are that intolerant of what they believe to be heresies from their own faith, like the Bahai, but far, far, from all. I have more than once gone to dinner with Muslims and Bahais simultaneously.

WanderingMagi

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
You do know the word Islam means submission, dont you? That should say it all. Why then does the Quran say "on Saturday you shall kill the Jews and on Sunday the christians untill all know Allah"? Many people try and pass off Islam as a peacefull religion but its anything but, it started in Mecca were all the buddhists were slaughtered and people were force converted. The Quran also calls for all Muslims to support Jihad, heck take a look at how much the Arabs hate our beloved Jewish state of Eretz Yisrael. It is a blatant slap in Allahs face when he alledgedly promised that all land conquored by Islam would ALWAYS remina under islamic rule. So wandering Magi you can say whatever you want about Islam, ive read the Quran, I see whats happening in the world, and I have faith in the eternal G-d of Israel.

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Upvote 0

WanderingMagi

Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
✟445.00
Faith
Protestant
Hix said:
You do know the word Islam means submission, dont you?

Of course: and Christianity means to follow...Christ. Following is a type of submission, and the submission in question is beleived to be to the will of God, and must be by choice to be valid.

Hix said:
That should say it all. Why then does the Quran say "on Saturday you shall kill the Jews and on Sunday the christians untill all know Allah"? Many people try and pass off Islam as a peacefull religion but its anything but, it started in Mecca were all the buddhists were slaughtered and people were force converted.
Why does the bible tell Joshua to slaughter the Amalekites?
It doesn't say to do those things generally.

Hix said:
The Quran also calls for all Muslims to support Jihad

Jihad means struggle: struggleing for the faith. Not holy war, although some very recent muslim commentators have restricted t to that.

Hix said:
take a look at how much the Arabs hate our beloved Jewish state of Eretz Yisrael.

They hate it because they believe it belonged to the people who resided there for over a millennia: which is understandable. They believe they inherit it through God's promise to Abraham, which they believe is mediated through Ishmael/Isma'il, again, understandable.
They may be wrong in both these things: but it is still understandable, and much as I weep for Israel and for Jerusalem, I weep also for all those who lost homes and property so that it might belong again to the Jews.

Hix said:
It is a blatant slap in Allahs face when he alledgedly promised that all land conquored by Islam would ALWAYS remina under islamic rule.

Fair enough!

Hix said:
So wandering Magi you can say whatever you want about Islam, ive read the Quran, I see whats happening in the world, and I have faith in the eternal G-d of Israel.

As have I, and as do I! I do not defend Islam as a faith: but the reasomn it is so dangerous to us is because it is so close to us. THe devil uses what God has created and does so in a way that guides people away from God most subtly. We must understand the immense wisdom in Islam, taken from the word of God, and misused, but nonetheless still attractive to men.

Shalom and G-d bless
[/QUOTE]

Shalom, and may he bless you also.
Wanderingmagi.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.