United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From ChristianScienceMonitor (emphasis added):

Planned Parenthood filed a federal court lawsuit Thursday alleging extensive criminal misconduct by the anti-abortion activists who produced undercover videos targeting the handling of fetal tissue at some Planned Parenthood clinics.

"The people behind this fraud lied and broke the law in order to spread malicious lies about Planned Parenthood," said Dawn Laguens, the organization's executive vice president. "This lawsuit exposes the elaborate, illegal conspiracy designed to block women's access to safe and legal abortion."

...The lawsuit says the videos were the result of numerous illegalities, including making recordings without consent, registering false identities with state agencies, and violating non-disclosure agreements.
If PP can prove the fraud, they should get a decent settlement, but I doubt the frontmen - the Center for Medical Progress - actually has the kind of money they cost PP.

patricius79

Called to Jesus Through Mary
Sep 10, 2009
✟13,891.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From ChristianScienceMonitor (emphasis added):

Planned Parenthood filed a federal court lawsuit Thursday alleging extensive criminal misconduct by the anti-abortion activists who produced undercover videos targeting the handling of fetal tissue at some Planned Parenthood clinics.

"The people behind this fraud lied and broke the law in order to spread malicious lies about Planned Parenthood," said Dawn Laguens, the organization's executive vice president. "This lawsuit exposes the elaborate, illegal conspiracy designed to block women's access to safe and legal abortion."

...The lawsuit says the videos were the result of numerous illegalities, including making recordings without consent, registering false identities with state agencies, and violating non-disclosure agreements.
If PP can prove the fraud, they should get a decent settlement, but I doubt the frontmen - the Center for Medical Progress - actually has the kind of money they cost PP.

If the video makers truly did something wrong, then that is bad. But I don't think it begins to compare with killing hundreds of innocent human persons every day for profit.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
This may backfire on PP. It will bring the videos back into the news. And the CMP will have a chance to respond. Likely on TV. Lot's more exposure for PP.

PP needs to be defunded. They don't need our tax dollars. They don't deserve them either. I pray this blows up in their face.

Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟268,230.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If the video makers truly did something wrong, then that is bad. But I don't think it begins to compare with killing hundreds of innocent human persons every day for profit.
These ridiculous lies are the reason Planned Parenthood is suing.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Moral relativism noted...

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That they sold baby parts is one of the biggest ones.
How about they harvested baby parts? And money exchanged hands and PP bosses negotiated prices. What's that called in the business world? BTW, it's on video and the PP execs were talking. It's clear in the unedited version just as it is in the edited one.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PP needs to be defunded. They don't need our tax dollars. They don't deserve them either.
I think that they are often not funded directly, but men and women on medicaid and medicare get to choose their health care provider who is then reimbursed. As long as PP provides the needed services to poor men and women, they should be properly repaid. As you probably already know, most clinics don't even provide abortion services, so why should the people who go to those be penalized?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about they harvested baby parts?
Lie.
And money exchanged hands and PP bosses negotiated prices.
There were costs involved in the transfer that PP rightly was allowed to recover. That they "negotiated prices" is one of the lies.

What's that called in the business world? BTW, it's on video and the PP execs were talking. It's clear in the unedited version just as it is in the edited one.
There is no unedited version available to the public. That's another lie. There is a long version and a short version and both were edited - they provided no raw footage which is what "unedited" means.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I think that they are often not funded directly, but men and women on medicaid and medicare get to choose their health care provider who is then reimbursed. As long as PP provides the needed services to poor men and women, they should be properly repaid. As you probably already know, most clinics don't even provide abortion services, so why should the people who go to those be penalized?
There are more free clinics that provide actual health care to women than does PP. Don't be fooled that the US taxpayer isn't funding abortion. They are. There's nothing that PP provides, other than an abortion, than can be found free elsewhere. In fact, more service will be found outside of a PP provider. PP offers limited services.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Lie. There were costs involved in the transfer that PP rightly was allowed to recover. That they "negotiated prices" is one of the lies.

There is no unedited version available to the public. That's another lie. There is a long version and a short version and both were edited - they provided no raw footage which is what "unedited" means.
You drank the koolaid.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You drank the koolaid.
No U.

Planned Parenthood had that verified independently by professionals. Yeah, truth is Kool-Aid.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are more free clinics that provide actual health care to women than does PP. Don't be fooled that the US taxpayer isn't funding abortion. They are. There's nothing that PP provides, other than an abortion, than can be found free elsewhere. In fact, more service will be found outside of a PP provider. PP offers limited services.
Gynecological care is real, actual health care for women. It is the most common kind of care women of childbearing age need.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Mine was cherry. Yours? We'll just have to wait for the suit and see what happens.

BTW, to harvest means to
the process or period of gathering in crops: "helping with the harvest"
synonyms: harvesting · reaping · picking · collecting

Which is exactly what PP was doing. That's undeniable. They call it "procuring tissue" but that's like a farmer saying he doesn't harvest his wheat crop. He procures it.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Gynecological care is real, actual health care for women. It is the most common kind of care women of childbearing age need.
Less than 8% of PP provide prenatal care. Over 40% provide abortions.
PP_vs._CHC.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.