Planned Parenthood is in Deep Trouble With the Law.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟903,569.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well, obviously that isn't true. Were just the dogs that have to go along with the women's whims. If we're in a consented casual relationship and our girl gets pregnant and chooses to keep it we have to pay for a child we didn't want to have. And likewise, if we are in a relationship and want to have children we have to sit back and watch the women abort our child. Men have no legal recourse at all. None. No rights at all to their own offspring.

How is that even legal yet alone fair?

You don't seem to understand the idea of bodily autonomy. Yes, you have bodily autonomy just as she does. She can no more force you to donate sperm against your will then you can force her to stay pregnant.

So it is perfectly ok for the women to have compleat authority whether or not my child lives or dies without my consent and my only recourse is to suck it up?

She dosen't have complete authority over if the child you both created lives or dies. She has complete authority on if she wants to carry a child in her body. Up to the time of viability. After that she no longer gets to choose unless her life is in danger. Yes, that is perfectly OK. You do not get to decide how she must use her body.

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is sick. I now see there is no reasoning with this at all. "You do not get to decide how she must use her body." But she gets to decide what she does to the child's body?

I get it now. There is no conversation to have. This needs to be stamped out like the scourge it is. There is no reasoning with this. There is no respect for human life in this. I give my word before Christ. I will lift this up in prayer.

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

• Agree
Reactions: pat34lee
Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
LostMarbels - When I say the woman's body bears the brunt of pregnancy and that is why it is her choice, that is just logic in my opinion.

My pregnancy can put my life at risk, never my husband's. He can feel all the sympathy for me in the world and yet he has no physical risk at all. I don't determine how much pain or risk his body should bear and he agrees that I am the most important party when my body is concerned. You can say the fetus' body doesn't belong to me- I'm not saying it does, I'm saying I have the right to have it removed from my womb.

And yes, I do think I am more important than any fetus in my womb. I exist in this world and have contributions and responsibilities. A fetus is a dream that people romanticize. A fetus is a complete unknown that folks foist innocence & greatness on to suit their purpose when a fetus is just a question mark.

You make your choices, the rest of us have to make our own.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
In what? There is no father's right to consent to an abortion. Women can legally have an abortion even if the father wants the child. There is no legal recourse at all for men. None.
I know. A man has the right to have consensual sex with a female and they may get pregnant from that.

If dude doesn't want to have a baby, don't have unprotected sex. THAT is where men have a say. At THAT point. Then and there.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This is sick. I now see there is no reasoning with this at all. "You do not get to decide how she must use her body." But she gets to decide what she does to the child's body?

I get it now. There is no conversation to have. This needs to be stamped out like the scourge it is. There is no reasoning with this. There is no respect for human life in this. I give my word before Christ. I will lift this up in prayer.

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Hey, I am ALL FOR allowing refugee children into this country. I am a HUGE fan of making sure every child in America has parents that can afford decent nutrition for them.

Let's start this fight right now!!!

ps. You get to choose how you use your body and you get to choose who gets the honour of housing your spermatozoa. The woman gets to choose what happens to her eggs and a blastocytes

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I hope you understand I didn't just say this to be a jerk. Or create a shock factor. Honestly, If women want sole discretion they should have sole liability. Because the man has no say. It is absolutely ridiculous that an individual that has no say in a situation is somehow financially liable for that situation.

And as far as an abandonment of a pregnant woman, the onus is on the women not only because the fetus is not a child, but the women decided to keep it. It is her own decision, it is her own responsibility. Their words, not mine.
I think the issue is a bit more complicated, but as I said, I#m not 100% against that.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟903,569.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

No. It is exceedingly obvious that you do not get it. It is and continues to be about her body.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You figure out how a woman can get pregnant without a male's sperm. I won't say we have rights to a child. You can't get pregnant without us. Like it or not, part of the DNA of the child comes from the father. This has been established for years and been used in every paternity case out there.
That's why I think if your not married and you want to get pregnant. Buy sperm from the sperm donor place. That ends father rights nightmare.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope you understand I didn't just say this to be a jerk. Or create a shock factor. Honestly, If women want sole discretion they should have sole liability. Because the man has no say. It is absolutely ridiculous that an individual that has no say in a situation is somehow financially liable for that situation.

And as far as an abandonment of a pregnant woman, the onus is on the women not only because the fetus is not a child, but the women decided to keep it. It is her own decision, it is her own responsibility. Their words, not mine.
You do realize many women have abortion, because they have horrible husband or baby dads. Right? Also abusive fathers have rights to their kids. So that makes giving a baby up for adoption impossible. I'm sure a lot of men knows when their wife or girlfriend abort. Many take them to get abortions. Let not pretend men care so much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You do realize many women have abortion, because they have horrible husband or baby dads. Right? Also abusive fathers have rights to their kids. So that makes giving a baby up for adoption impossible. I'm sure a lot of men knows when their wife or girlfriend abort. Many take them to get abortions. Let not pretend men care so much.

Sure.. killing the child to protect it. What?!!? You do not see how incredibly egocentric, self-centered and pretentious this is? I am supposed to not pretend Men care so much as you talk about killing a child to keep it out of a bad situation. None of what you list is a child's fault. None of it.

What I see here is a complete and blatant disregard for the natural protective instinct a mother has for a child. I don't see the fierce women that would do anything to protect their own child. Instead, all I can hear is me, me, me, I, I, I. A child is not worth my life. A child is not worth my time. A child is not worth my inconvenience.

You're not protecting someone by killing them. How ridiculous could this be? No one wants to be killed by their mother. There is absolutely no consideration at all for anyone but yourself. You don't even consider whether or not the child wants to live. No, we can't even call 'it' a unborn child. Lets disassociate ourselves from it and call it a fetus. Now that it is just a fetus I could care less whether it lives or dies.

It is not a thing. It is that women's own child. And she wants it dead and removed from her body because 'it' has no right to use her body. An this is 'normal' to you? I mean you talk about killing a child like you're flicking a booger from your nose. No pause? No thought about what that child could become? Your talking about taking a human beings life here and you come up with justifications for it? Wow... just wow.

Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Sure.. killing the child to protect it. What?!!? You do not see how incredibly egocentric, self-centered and pretentious this is? I am supposed to not pretend Men care so much as you talk about killing a child to keep it out of a bad situation. None of what you list is a child's fault. None of it.

What I see here is a complete and blatant disregard for the natural protective instinct a mother has for a child. I don't see the fierce women that would do anything to protect their own child. Instead, all I can hear is me, me, me, I, I, I. A child is not worth my life. A child is not worth my time. A child is not worth my inconvenience.

You're not protecting someone by killing them. How ridiculous could this be? No one wants to be killed by their mother. There is absolutely no consideration at all for anyone but yourself. You don't even consider whether or not the child wants to live. No, we can't even call 'it' a unborn child. Lets disassociate ourselves from it and call it a fetus. Now that it is just a fetus I could care less whether it lives or dies.

It is not a thing. It is that women's own child. And she wants it dead and removed from her body because 'it' has no right to use her body. An this is 'normal' to you? I mean you talk about killing a child like you're flicking a booger from your nose. No pause? No thought about what that child could become? Your talking about taking a human beings life here and you come up with justifications for it? Wow... just wow.

Do you want logical conversation or emotional ranting? A fetus doesn't have brain function approaching thought until about 24 weeks. The vast majority of aborted "children" are incapable of wanting anything.

It would be wonderful if every pregnancy was wanted, but that isn't reality. I see no reason to vilify people for their choices. You want to believe that the world is different than it is.

Not all women feel maternally and certainly not in all pregnancies. This isn't about punishing a fetus - none of what is going on is its fault, it is about doing what is best for that particular woman and her life.

Yes, it is self serving to put one's own needs first, but it is necessary at times.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
http://www.lifenews.com/2017/11/28/...e-with-the-law-this-could-be-a-turning-point/

...............and many more!!!

The Stream
/ November 28, 2017

This Could Be a Turning Point.

The Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives spent almost one-and-a-half years conducting a national investigation, reviewing 30,000 pages of documents, and hearing hours of testimony.They found enough evidence to refer several Planned Parenthood affiliates and tissue procurement companies for potential prosecution. Attorney General Jeff Sessions suggested this week that if the FBI concurs, charges might be filed.

Just as news of the FBI inquiry broke, the 8th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals declined to revisit its ruling that the state of Arkansas can redirect Medicaid funds away from abortion businesses like Planned Parenthood, which the state is completely justified in doing considering the ongoing baby parts scandal.

MARJORIE DANNENFELSER Published on November 28, 2017

Sounds good, but I just have one question. If someone is old enough to be on Medicaid, what beneficiary would need and abortion?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Many women need to grow a backbone and get away from evil men.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Never have been much good when it comes to reading gobbledegook, so if you will excuse my ignorance in understanding the verses you presented, perhaps you might like to tell me in plain English whether or not you think it is acceptable for anyone to deliberately kill helpless children, infants and pregnant women? That is not a trick question!

For people, there is no acceptable reason. But what
if you knew everything, past and future?

There are worse things than death, knowing that we
all die sooner or later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

True, there is nothing redeemable about abortion. Christians
failed when they didn't stand up against it from the beginning.
It is one of the reasons our country is being judged, and why
it will fall.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Evil is all around. That doesn't excuse murder.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Do you want logical conversation or emotional ranting? A fetus doesn't have brain function approaching thought until about 24 weeks. The vast majority of aborted "children" are incapable of wanting anything.

It would be wonderful if every pregnancy was wanted, but that isn't reality. I see no reason to vilify people for their choices. You want to believe that the world is different than it is.

Not all women feel maternally and certainly not in all pregnancies. This isn't about punishing a fetus - none of what is going on is its fault, it is about doing what is best for that particular woman and her life.

Yes, it is self serving to put one's own needs first, but it is necessary at times.

The ultimate in selfishness.
Sacrifice our children to the gods of pleasure and convenience.

The people supporting abortion will not even consider teaching
our young people about abstinence until marriage. That is just
too old fashioned and judgmental. It's easier to just kill the baby.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you want logical conversation or emotional ranting?

Seeing that you are not Christian I get it that you veiw me to be ranting. But there is a time to speak in season, and out of season. When it is convenient, and when it is not. Even when it will lead to your own imprisonment or death.

Seeing that this is a christian forum it should be said that not a single christian on this forum can hit their knees before their Christ and justify abortion for convenience to their God. Do you not think that day is coming? The Great White Throne of Judgement? Do you think Jesus condones a mother ripping their own child from their womb and tossing it aside? The notion is unconscionable.

Can you honestly go before your God and explain these actions off?

"You know Lord, it was just not convenient at the time."

"Sometimes a woman has to think of themselves first Jesus."

"It's not a real child anyways God.... it's just a fetus."

You can not get in the presence of God, look Jesus strait in the eye and condone these actions. You know it. So why are we condoning it? Why is it so horrible to speak the truth? Even here... on a Christian forum built on Christian ideals? We need to speak with boldness in such situations. Send me to the ovens and still it is true.

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth.

We need to turn from this. Not only as individuals, but as a nation. We need to ask God to forgive us for these transgressions against his children, and repent. We need to rid this cancer from our land and return to God.

And you are forgiven. You are loved, and never alone. Nothing can separate you from the love of God, nothing. Reach out and Jesus will be there. He has been all along.

To some, I will sound like a clanging cymbal. To others they will hear my warning. I am a watchman, I have blown the horn.

If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul. But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You shouldn't assume so much. My views are born of violation. Had I not been sexually assaulted; I might never have pondered exactly what control of my body means to me, but I was and I did.

I am also a married woman & I have been with my husband for over a decade. We have discussed all such views and he is in agreement.

It has to be "my body, my choice" - because it is my female body that bears the brunt of the choice. The fetus is a dream, the woman carrying the fetus is reality.

Any "partner" should know what the possibilities are before sex.

Bodily autonomy has nothing to do with promiscuity or premarital sex. My husband certainly agrees that my body belongs to me.

If you think the fetus is a dream, you have quite a different view of science and reality than I have ever encountered in all my years.

Upvote 0