• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Planned Parenthood is in Deep Trouble With the Law.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Winken, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Belk

Belk Senior Member

+5,050
    Agnostic
    Married
    You don't seem to understand the idea of bodily autonomy. Yes, you have bodily autonomy just as she does. She can no more force you to donate sperm against your will then you can force her to stay pregnant.

She dosen't have complete authority over if the child you both created lives or dies. She has complete authority on if she wants to carry a child in her body. Up to the time of viability. After that she no longer gets to choose unless her life is in danger. Yes, that is perfectly OK. You do not get to decide how she must use her body.

2. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+1,308
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    This is sick. I now see there is no reasoning with this at all. "You do not get to decide how she must use her body." But she gets to decide what she does to the child's body?

I get it now. There is no conversation to have. This needs to be stamped out like the scourge it is. There is no reasoning with this. There is no respect for human life in this. I give my word before Christ. I will lift this up in prayer.

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

3. PreviouslySeeking...

PreviouslySeeking... Active Member

+424
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    LostMarbels - When I say the woman's body bears the brunt of pregnancy and that is why it is her choice, that is just logic in my opinion.

My pregnancy can put my life at risk, never my husband's. He can feel all the sympathy for me in the world and yet he has no physical risk at all. I don't determine how much pain or risk his body should bear and he agrees that I am the most important party when my body is concerned. You can say the fetus' body doesn't belong to me- I'm not saying it does, I'm saying I have the right to have it removed from my womb.

And yes, I do think I am more important than any fetus in my womb. I exist in this world and have contributions and responsibilities. A fetus is a dream that people romanticize. A fetus is a complete unknown that folks foist innocence & greatness on to suit their purpose when a fetus is just a question mark.

You make your choices, the rest of us have to make our own.

4. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+3,813
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    I know. A man has the right to have consensual sex with a female and they may get pregnant from that.

If dude doesn't want to have a baby, don't have unprotected sex. THAT is where men have a say. At THAT point. Then and there.

5. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+3,813
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Hey, I am ALL FOR allowing refugee children into this country. I am a HUGE fan of making sure every child in America has parents that can afford decent nutrition for them.

Let's start this fight right now!!!

ps. You get to choose how you use your body and you get to choose who gets the honour of housing your spermatozoa. The woman gets to choose what happens to her eggs and a blastocytes

6. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+3,813
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens

7. Nithavela

Nithavela Know Chaos, No Order

+7,684
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I think the issue is a bit more complicated, but as I said, I#m not 100% against that.

8. Belk

Belk Senior Member

+5,050
    Agnostic
    Married

No. It is exceedingly obvious that you do not get it. It is and continues to be about her body.

9. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN Happy Father's Day.

+1,872
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    That's why I think if your not married and you want to get pregnant. Buy sperm from the sperm donor place. That ends father rights nightmare.

10. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN Happy Father's Day.

+1,872
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    You do realize many women have abortion, because they have horrible husband or baby dads. Right? Also abusive fathers have rights to their kids. So that makes giving a baby up for adoption impossible. I'm sure a lot of men knows when their wife or girlfriend abort. Many take them to get abortions. Let not pretend men care so much.

11. LostMarbels

+1,308
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Sure.. killing the child to protect it. What?!!? You do not see how incredibly egocentric, self-centered and pretentious this is? I am supposed to not pretend Men care so much as you talk about killing a child to keep it out of a bad situation. None of what you list is a child's fault. None of it.

What I see here is a complete and blatant disregard for the natural protective instinct a mother has for a child. I don't see the fierce women that would do anything to protect their own child. Instead, all I can hear is me, me, me, I, I, I. A child is not worth my life. A child is not worth my time. A child is not worth my inconvenience.

You're not protecting someone by killing them. How ridiculous could this be? No one wants to be killed by their mother. There is absolutely no consideration at all for anyone but yourself. You don't even consider whether or not the child wants to live. No, we can't even call 'it' a unborn child. Lets disassociate ourselves from it and call it a fetus. Now that it is just a fetus I could care less whether it lives or dies.

It is not a thing. It is that women's own child. And she wants it dead and removed from her body because 'it' has no right to use her body. An this is 'normal' to you? I mean you talk about killing a child like you're flicking a booger from your nose. No pause? No thought about what that child could become? Your talking about taking a human beings life here and you come up with justifications for it? Wow... just wow.

12. PreviouslySeeking...

PreviouslySeeking... Active Member

+424
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    Do you want logical conversation or emotional ranting? A fetus doesn't have brain function approaching thought until about 24 weeks. The vast majority of aborted "children" are incapable of wanting anything.

It would be wonderful if every pregnancy was wanted, but that isn't reality. I see no reason to vilify people for their choices. You want to believe that the world is different than it is.

Not all women feel maternally and certainly not in all pregnancies. This isn't about punishing a fetus - none of what is going on is its fault, it is about doing what is best for that particular woman and her life.

Yes, it is self serving to put one's own needs first, but it is necessary at times.

13. 1stcenturylady

1stcenturylady Spirit-filled follower of Christ Supporter

+3,621
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Sounds good, but I just have one question. If someone is old enough to be on Medicaid, what beneficiary would need and abortion?

14. 1stcenturylady

1stcenturylady Spirit-filled follower of Christ Supporter

+3,621
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Many women need to grow a backbone and get away from evil men.

15. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,561
    Messianic
    Single
    For people, there is no acceptable reason. But what
    if you knew everything, past and future?

There are worse things than death, knowing that we
    all die sooner or later.

16. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,561
    Messianic
    Single
    True, there is nothing redeemable about abortion. Christians
    failed when they didn't stand up against it from the beginning.
    It is one of the reasons our country is being judged, and why
    it will fall.

17. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,561
    Messianic
    Single
    Evil is all around. That doesn't excuse murder.

18. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,561
    Messianic
    Single
    The ultimate in selfishness.
    Sacrifice our children to the gods of pleasure and convenience.

The people supporting abortion will not even consider teaching
    our young people about abstinence until marriage. That is just
    too old fashioned and judgmental. It's easier to just kill the baby.

19. LostMarbels

+1,308
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Seeing that you are not Christian I get it that you veiw me to be ranting. But there is a time to speak in season, and out of season. When it is convenient, and when it is not. Even when it will lead to your own imprisonment or death.

Seeing that this is a christian forum it should be said that not a single christian on this forum can hit their knees before their Christ and justify abortion for convenience to their God. Do you not think that day is coming? The Great White Throne of Judgement? Do you think Jesus condones a mother ripping their own child from their womb and tossing it aside? The notion is unconscionable.

Can you honestly go before your God and explain these actions off?

"You know Lord, it was just not convenient at the time."

"Sometimes a woman has to think of themselves first Jesus."

"It's not a real child anyways God.... it's just a fetus."

You can not get in the presence of God, look Jesus strait in the eye and condone these actions. You know it. So why are we condoning it? Why is it so horrible to speak the truth? Even here... on a Christian forum built on Christian ideals? We need to speak with boldness in such situations. Send me to the ovens and still it is true.

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth.

We need to turn from this. Not only as individuals, but as a nation. We need to ask God to forgive us for these transgressions against his children, and repent. We need to rid this cancer from our land and return to God.

And you are forgiven. You are loved, and never alone. Nothing can separate you from the love of God, nothing. Reach out and Jesus will be there. He has been all along.

To some, I will sound like a clanging cymbal. To others they will hear my warning. I am a watchman, I have blown the horn.

If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul. But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

20. Liza B.

Liza B. His grace is sufficient Supporter

+1,307
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    If you think the fetus is a dream, you have quite a different view of science and reality than I have ever encountered in all my years.