Planned Parenthood is in Deep Trouble With the Law.

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The supreme court already struck that reasoning down when it said Quakers had to pay taxes despite their religious beliefs.

Paying for the military is actually in the Constitution. Paying for people's contraceptives is not. Nor could the founding fathers ever have conceived (pardon the pun) of such a thing. I think it's the absolutely correct ruling in both cases. The Quakers get to live peaceably under the protection of our military. They should pay, but NOT be pressed into service nor drafted. And NO ONE should be forced into paying for medication for other people that violates their religious beliefs.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nor could the founding fathers ever have conceived (pardon the pun) of such a thing.

While the founding fathers are an important part of our history, they do not dictate all of its fundamentals 200 + years later. Jefferson specifically wrote about this, how he was aware society would change and some of the fundamental principles in the constitution would need to change or be amended because of it. It is engraved on his monument:

13926021-Inscription-on-the-southeast-quadrant-of-the-Jefferson-Memorial-in-Washington-DC-Passages-were-selec-Stock-Photo.jpg

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
While the founding fathers are an important part of our history, they do not dictate all of its fundamentals 200 + years later. Jefferson specifically wrote about this, how he was aware society would change and some of the fundamental principles in the constitution would need to change or be amended because of it. It is engraved on his monument:

13926021-Inscription-on-the-southeast-quadrant-of-the-Jefferson-Memorial-in-Washington-DC-Passages-were-selec-Stock-Photo.jpg

I don't consider that the First Amendment was the kind of thing Jefferson had in mind here: Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Freedom of the Press.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're not going to believe this but there is a 0.00% chance of getting pregnant if you don't have sex. Imagine that! All you need is a little self-control.

...and as I've posted in the stats before, "abstinence-only" teaching fails miserably when you look at the statistics.

No, actually that man is possessed. Say what you want to. I have witnessed the demonic before.

No he's not...if you believe that, then you're extremely gullible for believing a youtube tag without actually doing any further research. There are numerous other videos out there explaining what's happening in that video (even from Christian sources) who acknowledge that the particular video maker has a track record of provoking people.

Zephaniah Mel (if that's his real name) incessantly harasses and provokes these people with a camera in his hand, day after day, week after week, until he can get the reaction he wants on camera, and then that's the 60 seconds of video he uploads to youtube and then moves onto the next location.

The doctor isn't "possessed by a demon", he's intentionally being sarcastic and facetious because it was the 6th business day in row this guy had showed up to antagonize the doctor, the staff, the patients, and the security guard. Seriously, go watch his channel, you don't have to take my word for it, go watch it for yourself. (I can't link the videos here due to language)

With what this "Zephaniah" guy does, he's lucky he hasn't been physically hurt and its only been verbal confrontations. When you start following people's wives/girlfriends/daughters home from work so you can harass them and ridicule them in front of their neighbors with a megaphone, you're asking for trouble.

Same with the other video you linked...it's just a provocateur who keeps asking her why she likes to kill babies over and over and over and over again until the girl finally gets frustrated and sarcastically says "Yeah, I like to kill babies"

C'mon...I know you can't honestly be that naive about the context of these videos. Are you just trying to cling to a narrative here? Or are you just not good at detecting sarcasm?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Paying for the military is actually in the Constitution. Paying for people's contraceptives is not.

That does not matter. If both are the law then both are going to be payed religious belief or no.

Nor could the founding fathers ever have conceived (pardon the pun) of such a thing.

The founding fathers could not conceive of women voting either.The foundig fathers built a system of government specifically so that it could change as our understanding grew.

I think it's the absolutely correct ruling in both cases. The Quakers get to live peaceably under the protection of our military. They should pay, but NOT be pressed into service nor drafted. And NO ONE should be forced into paying for medication for other people that violates their religious beliefs.

You can think that but it directly contradicts case law.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
...and as I've posted in the stats before, "abstinence-only" teaching fails miserably when you look at the statistics.

Only people that have self-control can practice abstinence, agreed. But it is 100% effective. Maybe if more people saw sex as an act to be done with the one you love to bring a child into the world. Rather than a fun time, fewer women might get themselves pregnant. Sex is not an accident. It is done intentionally. So I don't get this whole notion of 'accidental' pregnancy.

If you allow yourself to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] into a woman, or if a woman allows a mam to ejuculate in them, take a wild guess what might happen? Pregnancy.

The issue lies in that its no big deal. Have sex with whoever you want. You can just abort the child and have more sex. No pesky child to have to worry about screwing up your life, but all the sex you want.

No, he's not...if you believe that, then you're extremely gullible for believing a youtube tag without actually doing any further research.

Research? You've worked with the possessed before? I will admit I didn't see this man in real life, with my own eyes, I am however pretty certain what would transpire had I began commanding over him. I can't really get into it on this forum.

Same with the other video you linked...it's just a provocateur who keeps asking her why she likes to kill babies over and over and over and over again until the girl finally gets frustrated and sarcastically says "Yeah, I like to kill babies"

The black lady actually ridicules the other women for adopting children and states "I kill my babies" and calls the person a white saviour that thinks she has to solve all black problems because she was white.

C'mon...I know you can't honestly be that naive about the context of these videos. Are you just trying to cling to a narrative here? Or are you just not good at detecting sarcasm?

These are just mild example as I have already stated:

"No, but it is the culture. I have a feeling you've never been on my side of the line at a rally, or protest. Some of the stuff that comes out of pro-choice peoples mouths is downright terrifying. I definitely cant post the bad ones as an example here."

I will see if I can find other examples that can pass the 'appropriate for CF' test.

Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Research? You've worked with the possessed before? I will admit I didn't see this man in real life, with my own eyes, I am however pretty certain what would transpire had I began commanding over him. I can't really get into it on this forum.

Yes, research...this isn't even about demon possession (which isn't even a real thing, but that aside), this just doing basic research about what transpired in the video and this particular video maker. A quick 10 minute research effort told me who the video maker was, and the events leading up to this exchange that was caught on camera.

The black lady actually ridicules the other women for adopting children and states "I kill my babies" and calls the person a white saviour that thinks she has to solve all black problems because she was white.

Yes, and as I said she was being facetious, snarky, and rude because the white lady was goading her on with a camera in her face and wouldn't leave her alone.

Context is everything in these sorts of interactions. I know exactly what you did...you went on youtube, searched "evil abortion doctor", and posted the first link that came back

upload_2017-12-4_12-4-51.png

...and then after I pointed out some context, you then switched to the "demon possession" angle, likely because you saw this in the related videos
upload_2017-12-4_12-5-46.png

You didn't bother to do any research on what you were linking...just found the first few things that you thought supported your position, and copied and pasted.

Like I said before, when being annoyed, some people will react in such a way just to get the other person to go away.

Like I mentioned, when the Jehovah's witnesses showed up and woke me up early 3 Saturdays in a row, I eventually made facetious comment about how "I'm sacrificing a goat to the devil, do you guys want to come in and join me???" What I was actually doing was trying to sleep, I don't even believe in the devil and there's no way I'd allow something as smelly as a goat in my home...I just purposely said something that I knew would offend them so they'd leave me alone because they refused to quit bothering me when I initially tried politeness.

By your logic, if they had gotten it with their camera phone and put it on youtube, you'd apparently believe that I was some sort of devil worshiper lol.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Only people that have self-control can practice abstinence, agreed. But it is 100% effective.
This is relevant only if you believe that the fetus' right to life is dependent upon whether the conception was part of a consensual sexual act. Do you?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, research...this isn't even about demon possession (which isn't even a real thing, but that aside), this just doing basic research about what transpired in the video and this particular video maker. A quick 10 minute research effort told me who the video maker was, and the events leading up to this exchange that was caught on camera.

Seeing that this is a 'Christian Forum', count how many times that individual denounces "Christ" by name. Let me show you some research:

Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Yes, and as I said she was being facetious, snarky, and rude because the white lady was goading her on with a camera in her face and wouldn't leave her alone.

I will agree that the women herself were acting out, but I cannot post the entire conversation. This happened at a rally, and the women talking to the pro-choice women was being polite. This is not some random harassment. They were all there to represent their own opinions, demonstrate, protest, what have you.

You didn't bother to do any research on what you were linking...just found the first few things that you thought supported your position, and copied and pasted.

Firstly, your assertion was and I quote:
People have developed this image in their mind (thanks to right-wing pundits spreading misinformation) that PP is some organization of a bunch of evil scientists like Dr. Claw letting out an evil laugh while they pet their cat and enthusiastically kill babies.

That couldn't be farther than the truth. It is because of their own actions many of us hold that opinion of them. And no, we do not differentiate PP from the pro-choice movement or other abortion clinics. Because abortions are the issue in of themselves.

Like I said before, when being annoyed, some people will react in such a way just to get the other person to go away.

Agreed, however, I do not believe this is the case in this situation.

Like I mentioned, when the Jehovah's witnesses showed up and woke me up early 3 Saturdays in a row, I eventually made facetious comment about how "I'm sacrificing a goat to the devil, do you guys want to come in and join me???" What I was actually doing was trying to sleep, I don't even believe in the devil and there's no way I'd allow something as smelly as a goat in my home...I just purposely said something that I knew would offend them so they'd leave me alone because they refused to quit bothering me when I initially tried politeness.

By your logic, if they had gotten it with their camera phone and put it on youtube, you'd apparently believe that I was some sort of devil worshiper lol.

Honestly, you don't even know me. I worshipped satan. I practised the gnostic mass. Both in satanic rites and Gardnerian Wicca before coming to Christ. In all honesty, I am a liberal's nightmare. I am a reformed Bi-sexual, that practised other religions, was born from a rape, and adopted. I have a black daughter from a black woman I had hoped to marry. I am absolutely poor, have immigrant parents, and have even been to prison.

I guess God saw it fit for me to have personal experience in each and every identity category you want to label me as.

Literally... I would know you're not one, because I once was one.

Don't stop talking to me just because I say these things. I have been there. I hated God, misunderstood Jesus, and I know full well what it is like to be in the closet. I know what it is like to get picked on for having a migrant family. And since I was born from a rape; I understand how blessed I am to not have ended up in a garbage can. Abortion is personal to me. I could have been one, and I had to fight like a madman to keep my eldest daughter from being aborted.

So when you come at me with labels that do not fit, it's not me being dismissive, or trying to brush you away. It is quite simply that you are completely wrong in your labelling of me, and have no idea about my true character.

I would welcome you into my home, sit down and drink a beer with you. ;)

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is relevant only if you believe that the fetus' right to life is dependent upon whether the conception was part of a consensual sexual act. Do you?

This is a hard one for me, personally. I was conceived in a violent rape. My 'mother', chose to allow me to live, and for that I am grateful. On one side I think about myself and others that would want to live if given the chance. On the other, I understand the individual women's plight. I am 43. I have been contemplating this my entire adult life since I found out my situation around 19-20. I have never been able to resolve it.

Don't be scared to call me out, or continue to talk about the situation. I just put my own personal stuff on blast on an international website because I am totally comfortable with talking about myself and discussing issues. I don't do safe spaces. So let it rip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I support PP because they do good work. I have never had need of their services, but many friends & family have and I am glad they exist.

I can't see abortion as a horrible thing because I am a practical person (w/ a knowledge of history). Our world is imperfect. I've known women who've planned their pregnancies with loving husbands/partners only to discover that perhaps that loved one wasn't so trustworthy. Sometimes the future becomes a lot less financially stable or medically plausible.

I don't judge why women have abortions because I am not in their shoes. The fact that they desire one makes it necessary in their particular case.

Side note. Bodily autonomy trumps all for me.

Again, abortion is legal & looks to remain so in the US. Dissolving PP won't make a medical procedure that pre-existed PP disappear. The Hyde amendment already prevents Federal funds from paying for abortions. If you are concerned about your state- research it to see if your concern is even warranted.

But seriously, knowing that abortion isn't going anywhere, knowing that public funds aren't being used - it would be a better use of time to focus on activities that might reduce the need for abortion services.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Abortion = MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE

PP needs to be disolved
Though I abhore abortion, I don't see it as quite that stark. I honestly believe a lot of these people don't see it as the taking of a human life.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
God forbid people be scared of losing access to healthcare...
When the Red Cross lost control of blood services after infecting people with AIDS blood, the result was not loss of access to blood, but a much better service delivered by competent people.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Side note. Bodily autonomy trumps all for me

This means what? I do not understand this argument. When women stop needing male sperm to get pregnant I will stop worrying what happens to an unborn child. This is just like what happened with my own daughter. Now that your pregnant, I have no right to that child? How so? If you had that child you would darn sure try to get child support, right? So how can you tell me, the other half in making that baby I do not have the right to raise it? Cary it to term and go your own way if you don't want the child. I will raise it.

Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
This means what? I do not understand this argument. When women stop needing male sperm to get pregnant I will stop worrying what happens to an unborn child. This is just like what happened with my own daughter. Now that your pregnant, I have no right to that child? How so? If you had that child you would darn sure try to get child support, right? So how can you tell me, the other half in making that baby I do not have the right to raise it? Cary it to term and go your own way if you don't want the child. I will raise it.

Except a male isn't "half" of making a baby. Women are pregnant for 40 weeks. Damage can, and regularly occurs during that time that affects the rest of that woman's life. A male's physical contribution literally takes less than a minute and doesn't harm him except for possible exposure to STI. My mother, healthy prior to pregnancy, ended up with kidney damage that affected her quality of life.

Do you know what pregnancy actually entails? Do you know the risks? A fetus isn't a pop tart.

Sure a father has a right to his child. He does not have the right to insist that a woman use her womb to house some of his genetic material. A fetus is not a child.

If an early term fetus could be removed from the uterus, without harm to the woman; to be implanted elsewhere- I would be fine with that.

For me, bodily autonomy is everything. My body is to be under my control and not used by another without my consent, ever. It literally isn't worth living to me if someone else gets to determine how my body is used - even for just 40 weeks. ,

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0