Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes there have been many miscalculations. The problem with unbelief though is one of these days, somebody is going to be right.
Assuming their basic assumptions are correct, which they never are.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just wonder about why people who say they don't think about end times hang around on eschatology forums.
For the Lulz. And in my case, I have this ridiculous pedagogical urge to get people to use their heads instead of wandering off after every ridiculous doctrinal will o' the wisp that comes along. It's what drove me when I was teaching - Is it true? Is it reasonable? Do I have to do violence to the Scripture to make it "work"? Is it consistent with what we see of God as He revealed Himself in our Lord Christ? Are we being lured away into "magic" with a Christian facade? If my number comes up tomorrow, am I ready to go, be it our Lord's Return or being run over by bus? Most of what passes for eschatology in these forums has more to do with imagination than it does with The Faith, and in the words of Brother Buford, "Dat ain't right".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no "Planet X"
Well, that's good to know. I guess Planet X won't be blocking out the sun on Saturday when the Sign in the Heavens appears over Jerusalem. Feeewww ... then I guess God will just have to cover the sun with a huge piece of sackcloth then?

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Well, that's good to know. I guess Planet X won't be blocking out the sun on Saturday when the Sign in the Heavens appears over Jerusalem. Feeewww ... then I guess God will just have to cover the sun with a huge piece of sackcloth then?

And when you wake up just fine on Sunday...how will you try to spin this, hmm?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Rapture can happen at any time.But you make it seem like if it happens, we will not be fine. We will be fine if it happens or if it does not happen. If Sunday happens and we are still here, I am going to church. :) I will sing praise to our Father, and pray. I will listen to the sermon. Then afterward, I will go home to Sunday Dinner. The Rev. 12 sign happens Saturday, September 23, 2017. That is a fact.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
The Rapture can happen at any time.But you make it seem like if it happens, we will not be fine. We will be fine if it happens or if it does not happen. If Sunday happens and we are still here, I am going to church. :) I will sing praise to our Father, and pray. I will listen to the sermon. Then afterward, I will go home to Sunday Dinner. The Rev. 12 sign happens Saturday, September 23, 2017. That is a fact.

There won't be a "rapture". I don't believe in non-Christian additions to the faith.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There won't be a "rapture". I don't believe in non-Christian additions to the faith.
You absolutely have the right to believe whatever you want to believe as do I:) I ain't mad atcha.;)

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Spin what, that I was misinformed about an astronomical event that has been all over the internet? I don't even have a telescope. Will this sign appear? Some have debunked it and said there are more stars in Leo. Others say only 9 are used to outline Leo. But people are claiming this is not fake news like CNN and MSNBC puts out. It's a sign and so do we interpret REV. 12:1 as this sign?

Did God give us this sign? This is the big question. Do we disregard it and call it folly as all the other failed predictions in the past??

It has never appeared before in this configuration. Leo represents the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Virgo the Virgin who gives birth to Jupiter, the King planet that enters into the womb, circles around for 9 months, then exists on this day. Come on, doesn't that sound interesting and raise your brow? We'll see. I don't have to spin my way out of anything, I did not create an illusion or false prophecy. It's real and it's most likely a prophecy being fulfilled.
If not, I guess we can just wait to Kim Jung Un drops a nuke on our heads or ISIS chops it off - whichever comes first. Would you prefer the earth continue on it's path for decades until we all are forced to bow down to Allah or else? That would take about 30-40 years just by their growth alone. We won't make it that far. This nation has a $20 Trillion debt, how long do you think that we can endure that load? News has come out saying that this administration has spent more this year than any one year in Obama's administration - pretty much because we have Obamacare, Medicare, Welfare and entitlements and we spend more than we bring in. Trump, with his plans can't turn this around, congress is divided and dysfunctional, THEY ARE CORRUPT AND SEEM TO BE OUT FOR THEMSELVES. Cruz claimed 400 of them are lobbyists -- on both sides. Lawyers who have spent their lives trying to work the system in their favor by changing laws -- the old quid-pro-quo deals. Hillary is rich for her deals and the liberals didn't care how crooked she was. Judgment has to come soon. We had a good run, but it's over - sin needs to be judged because we can't all get along. We can't create world peace, we tried. As much as God has blessed us, we should be functioning like a Swiss watch, out of debt, working in harmony and living life in the full.

What will Jesus do? How long will He tolerate a great nation whom He's blessed since it's beginning, but watched from above as we removed prayer from schools, aborted 40 million babies, increased our divorce rate, spread drugs, fornication, violence and hate, corrupted the government that was founded by His principals and divine providence to the point of disgust? Then He watched as other false religious beliefs were infiltrated into our Christian nation, how we became confused misled and how we went astray and and then finally, the people whom He created, men and women whom He intended to join together as husbands and wives, to procreate, be fruitful and multiply, turn on Him and decide that GAY MARRIAGE is something that should be legalized and the family that He designed is not acceptable anymore and needs to be changed.
What will Jesus do and how long will He wait to judge the earth?
I say He's given us signs since 1948 up till now and it looks like He's coming back pretty soon!

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Spin what, that I was misinformed about an astronomical event that has been all over the internet? I don't even have a telescope. Will this sign appear? Some have debunked it and said there are more stars in Leo. Others say only 9 are used to outline Leo. But people are claiming this is not fake news like CNN and MSNBC puts out. It's a sign and so do we interpret REV. 12:1 as this sign?

Did God give us this sign? This is the big question. Do we disregard it and call it folly as all the other failed predictions in the past??

It has never appeared before in this configuration. Leo represents the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Virgo the Virgin who gives birth to Jupiter, the King planet that enters into the womb, circles around for 9 months, then exists on this day. Come on, doesn't that sound interesting and raise your brow? We'll see. I don't have to spin my way out of anything, I did not create an illusion or false prophecy. It's real and it's most likely a prophecy being fulfilled.
If not, I guess we can just wait to Kim Jung Un drops a nuke on our heads or ISIS chops it off - whichever comes first. Would you prefer the earth continue on it's path for decades until we all are forced to bow down to Allah or else? That would take about 30-40 years just by their growth alone. We won't make it that far. This nation has a $20 Trillion debt, how long do you think that we can endure that load? News has come out saying that this administration has spent more this year than any one year in Obama's administration - pretty much because we have Obamacare, Medicare, Welfare and entitlements and we spend more than we bring in. Trump, with his plans can't turn this around, congress is divided and dysfunctional, THEY ARE CORRUPT AND SEEM TO BE OUT FOR THEMSELVES. Cruz claimed 400 of them are lobbyists -- on both sides. Lawyers who have spent their lives trying to work the system in their favor by changing laws -- the old quid-pro-quo deals. Hillary is rich for her deals and the liberals didn't care how crooked she was. Judgment has to come soon. We had a good run, but it's over - sin needs to be judged because we can't all get along. We can't create world peace, we tried. As much as God has blessed us, we should be functioning like a Swiss watch, out of debt, working in harmony and living life in the full.

What will Jesus do? How long will He tolerate a great nation whom He's blessed since it's beginning, but watched from above as we removed prayer from schools, aborted 40 million babies, increased our divorce rate, spread drugs, fornication, violence and hate, corrupted the government that was founded by His principals and divine providence to the point of disgust? Then He watched as other false religious beliefs were infiltrated into our Christian nation, how we became confused misled and how we went astray and and then finally, the people whom He created, men and women whom He intended to join together as husbands and wives, to procreate, be fruitful and multiply, turn on Him and decide that GAY MARRIAGE is something that should be legalized and the family that He designed is not acceptable anymore and needs to be changed.
What will Jesus do and how long will He wait to judge the earth?
I say He's given us signs since 1948 up till now and it looks like He's coming back pretty soon!

I'd say people have been misreading "prophecy" in Revelations for years and it's never come true. It's just bad theology and coupled with other things, make this type of things heterodoxical and therefore, not actually Christian at all.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd say people have been misreading "prophecy" in Revelations for years and it's never come true. It's just bad theology and coupled with other things, make this type of things heterodoxical and therefore, not actually Christian at all.
The Anglican church in Australia has been misreading the Good Book a bit and changed things with a new female Arch Bishop too - a bit unorthodox I would say mate.

Have any of these scriptures been, are being or close to being fulfilled within the last 70 years?
1. "but- As the Lord lives, who brought up the sons of Israel from the land of the north and from all the countries where He had banished them. For I will restore them to their own land which I gave to their fathers." Jer. 16:15

2. "Say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD, Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land;" Ezek. 37:21
After more than 1800 years, they came back home and in 1948 became a nation again, but not complete without the Holy City in 1967.

3. "And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut to pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it." Zech.12:3
With Obama, it sure seemed like the whole world was against Israel for the last eight years.

4. "It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn." Zech. 12:9. 10
According to Romans 11, God is not done with Israel, He will lift the veil over their eyes and they will see their Messiah.

5. And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth." Zech.14:12
That is a description of the effects of a nuclear blast written 2500 years ago. Consumed away can be translated melted or burned since it happens quickly -- "while they stand".

6. "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places." Matt. 24:7
So how many quakes, hurricanes, how much disease and famine do you think that represents. Maybe what's happened in the last month could be the beginning of sorrows?

7. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, AND THEN THE END WILL COME." Matt. 24:14
I think that is a strong prophecy that just recently has been fulfilled.

8. "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." Matt. 24:30, 3
Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
And now you use tired mysogyny to attempt to prove a point and of course it fails.

When you wake up Sunday morning, you'll know this "prophecy" like other "prophecies" is a lie. And then, where will you search for your next justification of your heterodoxy then?

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And now you use tired mysogyny to attempt to prove a point and of course it fails.

When you wake up Sunday morning, you'll know this "prophecy" like other "prophecies" is a lie. And then, where will you search for your next justification of your heterodoxy then?
Did you just call the word of God a lie? You think scripture is a lie?

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Did you just call the word of God a lie? You think scripture is a lie?

Scripture no, I called this seeking after false prophecy and equate it as Christian belief a lie, not Scripture.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You think scripture is a lie?

We must remember that our scriptures were written by multiple authors over a time period of about a thousand years starting some 3000 years ago. If we start with the working hypothesis that these scriptures are to be read literally and to be regarded as inerrant, then it is not really surprising that we should encouter very real differences between ancient understandings and modern understandings particularly when it comes to understandings of our physical universe. When it comes to conflicts between biblical understandings and modern scientific understandings, almost all find their roots in an incorrect interpretation of what scripture is actually saying. Over the course of history we have had to readjust our biblical understandings in this way quite a few times.

The gospels were written in the Jewish literary tradition known as midrashic literature and were arranged so as to fit into the pre-existing Jewish lectionary. This is a new point of entry into biblical truth. To anyone who clings to the notion of literal truth, I can only say that it is the content of the teaching that is important and not the literal historicity of the biblical story. The Jewish people had a "God experience" in the life and teachings of Rabbi Yeshua. To them this God experience was so real and so powerful that they were unable to speak of it easily in the ordinary, everyday language of human beings.

The Jews who wrote the gospels knew they were not history, the Jews who first read them knew they were not history, but they also knew in the depth of their being that the Jesus experience was true. It was not literally true --- it was profoundly true. It was of God. It is we gentiles, centuries later and in total ignorance of the Jewishness of our scriptures, that have said in essence, "We know best", and have read them as if they were literal history.

I do not accept the Bible as the "Word of God" for the very simple reason that from Genesis to Revelation it is full of scientific errors, historic errors, contradictions, fiction, mythology, mistaken and unfulfilled prophesies, metaphor, allegory and midrashic literature. For these reasons I take the Bible seriously but cannot accept it as either inerrant or literal. It is very human document.

• Agree
Reactions: Targaryen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
We must remember that our scriptures were written by multiple authors over a time period of about a thousand years starting some 3000 years ago. If we start with the working hypothesis that these scriptures are to be read literally and to be regarded as inerrant, then it is not really surprising that we should encouter very real differences between ancient understandings and modern understandings particularly when it comes to understandings of our physical universe. When it comes to conflicts between biblical understandings and modern scientific understandings, almost all find their roots in an incorrect interpretation of what scripture is actually saying. Over the course of history we have had to readjust our biblical understandings in this way quite a few times.

The gospels were written in the Jewish literary tradition known as midrashic literature and were arranged so as to fit into the pre-existing Jewish lectionary. This is a new point of entry into biblical truth. To anyone who clings to the notion of literal truth, I can only say that it is the content of the teaching that is important and not the literal historicity of the biblical story. The Jewish people had a "God experience" in the life and teachings of Rabbi Yeshua. To them this God experience was so real and so powerful that they were unable to speak of it easily in the ordinary, everyday language of human beings.

The Jews who wrote the gospels knew they were not history, the Jews who first read them knew they were not history, but they also knew in the depth of their being that the Jesus experience was true. It was not literally true --- it was profoundly true. It was of God. It is we gentiles, centuries later and in total ignorance of the Jewishness of our scriptures, that have said in essence, "We know best", and have read them as if they were literal history.

I do not accept the Bible as the "Word of God" for the very simple reason that from Genesis to Revelation it is full of scientific errors, historic errors, contradictions, fiction, mythology, mistaken and unfulfilled prophesies, metaphor, allegory and midrashic literature. For these reasons I take the Bible seriously but cannot accept it as either inerrant or literal. It is very human document.

Well said Jack. I'd add I consider Scripture the inspired word of God, but humans wrote it and are prone to error.

I do always wonder how Protestants that have issues with Papal Infallibility then seek to replace the Pope with the Bible though. It doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well you know what? Our Father does not care one fig if you do not believe the scripture is His Word. He will fulfill it to the utmost. So,I hope you have a visitation from Him very soon.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Scripture no, I called this seeking after false prophecy and equate it as Christian belief a lie, not Scripture.
What is false about prophecy? The Revelation 12 sign is happening Saturday. It is not false. Now interpretations may be error but not the event.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well you know what? Our Father does not care one fig if you do not believe the scripture is His Word. He will fulfill it to the utmost. So,I hope you have a visitation from Him very soon.

And may you go with God as well.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
What is false about prophecy? The Revelation 12 sign is happening Saturday. It is not false. Now interpretations may be error but not the event.

A prophesy based on an event that can be predicted centuries in advance is not a prophesy.

Upvote 0