✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wuhan scientists and US researchers planned to create a new coronavirus in 2018

US and Chinese scientists were planning to create a new coronavirus before the pandemic erupted, leaked proposals show.

Last month, a grant application submitted to the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) revealed that an international team of scientists had planned to mix genetic data of similar strains to create a new virus.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: RestoreTheJoy
Upvote 0

lsume

Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

US and Chinese scientists were planning to create a new coronavirus before the pandemic erupted, leaked proposals show.

Last month, a grant application submitted to the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) revealed that an international team of scientists had planned to mix genetic data of similar strains to create a new virus.
Seeking the Truth should steer you away from media in general. Christ only Tells The Truth. Media at best tells partial or misleading truth which of course is not truth.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Seeking the Truth should steer you away from media in general. Christ only Tells The Truth. Media at best tells partial or misleading truth which of course is not truth.

Government's and scientist can be added to the non truth tellers.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
pssst.
There was already a thread about this (you'll note they talk about the release from a month ago). Just go back to that thread and see how that information was dealt with.
We don't need another thread on it.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I feel like if this happenned while Biden is in charge, some posters here would be literally frothing at the mouth.

I wonder if Trump is involved somehow.. Nah.....he's too ignorant and selfish.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then why didn't you link to the Telegraph?
Why didn't you read the article before you jumped in with a Genetic Logical Fallacy?

By the way, the Telegraph is usually paywalled, although the paywall doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Certainly I can read everything without a subscription, but I'm not sure if everyone else can.

I feel like if this happenned while Biden is in charge, some posters here would be literally frothing at the mouth.

I wonder if Trump is involved somehow.. Nah.....he's too ignorant and selfish.
It's been obvious for a long time that the US government agencies are a law unto themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
pssst.
There was already a thread about this (you'll note they talk about the release from a month ago). Just go back to that thread and see how that information was dealt with.
We don't need another thread on it.

Yes, we know how it was "dealt with". It was ignored and hand waved away. Not even attempted to be addressed in the slightest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor information sourcing.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/

Mediabiasfact check?

That's just a nurse with a communications degree offering his left wing opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/contact/?amp=1

Media Bias Fact Check, LLC is a Limited Liability Company owned solely by Dave Van Zandt. He also makes all final editing and publishing decisions.

Who in the heck is Dave Van Zandt?

Dave M. Van Zandt obtained a Communications Degree before pursuing a higher degree in the sciences. Dave currently works full time in the health care industry.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟166,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Mediabiasfact check?

That's just a nurse with a communications degree offering his left wing opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/contact/?amp=1

Media Bias Fact Check, LLC is a Limited Liability Company owned solely by Dave Van Zandt. He also makes all final editing and publishing decisions.

Who in the heck is Dave Van Zandt?

Dave M. Van Zandt obtained a Communications Degree before pursuing a higher degree in the sciences. Dave currently works full time in the health care industry.
Ok.
How about this one for you:
https://www.allsides.com/news-source/telegraph-uk
AllSides was founded in 2012 by John Gable, a former Republican political aide turned Silicon Valley manager working at Netscape, and Scott McDonald, a software developer.[7][1][8][9] AllSides partnered with activist Joan Blades to launch a classroom program, AllSides for Schools,[10] and has partnered with other organizations to provide programs such as Mismatch, a platform to connect users who differ politically and geographically.

oh or how about this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Telegraph

Look under criticisms.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok.
How about this one for you:
https://www.allsides.com/news-source/telegraph-uk
AllSides was founded in 2012 by John Gable, a former Republican political aide turned Silicon Valley manager working at Netscape, and Scott McDonald, a software developer.[7][1][8][9] AllSides partnered with activist Joan Blades to launch a classroom program, AllSides for Schools,[10] and has partnered with other organizations to provide programs such as Mismatch, a platform to connect users who differ politically and geographically.

oh or how about this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Telegraph

Look under criticisms.

Is there any evidence in your links that would tell us that the telegraph made things up or misinformed its readers by what was reported as factual information in the article the OP provided? If not, then how are the links useful in rebutting the reporting of factual information that is in the article provided by the OP? Either the reporting of facts was correct or it was incorrect and not factual at all. Do you have a source that contradicts what is reported as factual information in the article? If so, that would be a proper rebuttal i.e. An actual check of the facts presented rather than a fact check organization's opinion about what political bias the reporting agency possesses. If a left wing news source told me that a particular rock was hard I would not dismiss that claim based upon the fact a left wing news source reported it to me. I would only dismiss it if i found that it was not a fact by checking it. One can dismiss conclusions about the facts based upon biases but dismissing facts because one doesn't hold the same political biases as the source of the information is silly. If there is actual factual information being reported the information itself has no political bias, no matter what biases are held by the reporter relaying the factual information. .

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

This appears to be mostly based on user feedback.

I think you're missing the point though.

It's not that sources are unbiased. It's that they're all biased. Pointing out the bias of the source instead addressing the information in the article is just a sad ad hominem attack. It's a post hoc poisoning of the well.

It's like saying "I have no way to address the topic....so I'll go after the source and try to discredit it."

So let's be as clear as possible...even if it were the most biased source on the internet, that doesn't automatically make the information false.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Proposed, not implemented.
Next?

Upvote 0