Zoe1188

Jul 23, 2013
Massachusetts, USA
✟7,782.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Has anyone here had experience with the Plain Catholic movement? From what I have read they are faithful to the catechism of the Catholic Church, but try to live simple lifestyles in the way that Amish and conservative Mennonites do. Definitely something I would like to incorporate into my own life :)

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They are answering God's call to vocation as they perceive it. The Benedictine principles they follow are good ones for all Catholics...

And just as there are Benedictine monks and sisters who range from cloistered to missionaries, laypeople can adopt some of the principles of Benedictine sprituality (ora and labora, as mentioned in the website) to different degrees and in different ways.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting, but it must be kind of hard for them to be as plain as actual Amish, as Catholicism is a very sensory orientated faith, or as isolated since they're probably still reliant on a Diocese.

Catholicism is a very sensory religion, but the main example of that is the solemn calibration of the Mass
look at the life of the common Catholic from centuries ago

I remember someone fairly recently pointing out how our values have changed

people used to live in simple and relatively small houses(with the exception of the very very rich) and they built grand and beautiful churches
now it has reversed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums