Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When God caused the 10 plagues i am interested in the responses by pharoah.
Why when the plague of blood and of frogs would the reaction be that pharaoh's own magicians replicated the problem? Surely if your home is invaded by frogs or your water supply becomes blood, your response would not be to add to it, making things even worse! Surely if those magicians had powers, they would have used them to counteract the problems?
To me it is not logic.
I understand Pharoah was saying, anything you can do my magicians can do too. It's just a trick. But really? I bet citizens were not too pleased - frogs then more frogs.
Then when given chance to get rid of the frogs - pharoah said - do it tomorrow! Why would you wait a minute longer than necessary?

Last edited:

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sin itself is illogical. How could anyone really act contrary to the All-powerful, all-knowing God of the Universe and ultimately find doing so profitable???? It is no wonder then when people in sin do things that don't make sense. It is like how Adam and Eve hid from God after they ate from the tree. How could they hide from God??? Their logic was corrupted by their sin and the dreadful desperation which accompanied their guilt, so they actually tried. Sometimes sinners can be extremely logical and wise in some areas; and yet extremely stupid and illogical in areas related to how they are rebelling against God. Romans 1:18-32 really describes the madness of sin and the accompanying madness of the sinner well.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Scann

Oct 10, 2019
south east asia
✟17,164.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When God caused the 10 plagues i am interested in the responses by pharoah.
Why when the plague of blood and of frogs would the reaction be that pharaoh's own magicians replicated the problem? Surely if your home is invaded by frogs or your water supply becomes blood, your response would not be to add to it, making things even worse!
The reason the magicians did that was just to show "what your God can do,we can as well". Just actions influenced by pride and not intentions to solve the problem. I suspect the magicians also saw themselves as representatives of the Egyptian gods to counteract the powers of an outside God.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, the pharoahs magicians were able to replicate the blood and frogs, how? Is it because the devil gave them the ability?

When i read Luke chapter 4. Verse 5, i see that the devil owns this world and can give powers to anyone he likes. So is it him who always gives ability to anyone who wants to work to oppose God?

Upvote 0

Scann

Oct 10, 2019
south east asia
✟17,164.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So, the pharoahs magicians were able to replicate the blood and frogs, how? Is it because the devil gave them the ability?

When i read Luke chapter 4. Verse 5, i see that the devil owns this world and can give powers to anyone he likes. So is it him who always gives ability to anyone who wants to work to oppose God?
Yes. Satan's demons are responsible if someone wants to curse someone with a black magic curse.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The devil sure gave them the ability. The "how" is something I can't say for sure. The devil is powerful and can rearrange creatures and elements of nature to some extent, but it is limited and only under certain conditions and within certain parameters. People tap into demonic powers through occult rituals and practices- things which it is good to know not really know much about other than they happen, people can acquire demonic power by them, and the devil is a hard taskmaster who ultimately takes a lot more than he gives from those who tap into his power and let him work through them.

Note that in Luke 4:5 that it was the devil who said this. Daniel 4:35 gives the real truth, yet an aspect of God's sovereignty over the world is that He basically allows the devil to have power for now when and where people yield to his lies. What the devil said in Luke 4:5 is true to an extent in some ways, but it is sure not totally true - we have to take his statement with many grains of salt. He is a liar and he overestimates himself, though we have to also make sure we don't underestimate the deception and damage he is able to cause in terms of deceitfully turning people from God and doing damage when that happens. It should be a sober reminder to follow Jesus and live by every word of God (Matthew 4:4) so we can overcome the deceit and temptation of the devil ourselves.

Upvote 0