MN
✟10,290.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, my youth group used to go to South America each summer, but we have decided to avoid SA due to zika concerns as young teachers accompany. We are looking for an alternative country this summer. Any suggestion for senior highs or junior/senior highs? I'd appreciate it if you'd share with me the places where you have mission trip experiences. Thank you.

Last edited:

LiW

Feb 1, 2017
Singapore
✟10,778.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi, it all depends on budget and time constraints , I suppose? To me, I would choose neighbouring countries with the greatest needs. The needs can be basic needs (food, housing, etc) or spiritual needs. But I always believe in meeting basic needs first, because when basic needs are not met, people are unlikely to be receptive to anything that relates to spirituality/religion. At least that's how I see it.

Upvote 0

Lori B.

Feb 12, 2017
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟8,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A church that we partner with goes to the same city every year so that they have the benefit of long-term relationships and can invest themselves over time in the same place. I think it's cool and it helps the kids become invested in the place they are ministering to.

Reactions: LiW
Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2017
Winifred
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why go to another country? As a U.S. Youth Evangelist, I can say that some of the biggest mission fields are right here in the U.S. There are teens here in the States that have never heard the name of Jesus. There are millions here that need the gospel. Bring them for a week long camping and ministering trip to my part of the country. We could set up a fun week of camping, soul winning, and fun. You will spend a tenth of the money you would going to another country, and your youth group will learn the disparate spiritual need right here in our own country.

Just a suggestion
Evangelist Paul
www.theclearword.org

Upvote 0