Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I just pitched a children's story to a publisher. They have a fast response time, which is unusual in the book business. They said I should hear back at the end of next week or early in the following week if they want to print my book.

If they decline, then I have others lined up to pitch to. I'm so nervous. It has taken me a very, very long time to work up the courage to actually send my work out there. That last time I tried about about 12 years ago. The book was accepted, but it was a new publishing company, they weren't doing well, and they shut down before my book was in print.

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thanks.

I sent some emails back and forth to an acquisitions editor, and she was having her team read my manuscript. I received a phone call from her yesterday afternoon, but I was at work and missed it. She left a voicemail saying she would try contacting me again on Monday and that she has news about my story. I returned a call to her voicemail letting her know I got the message and look forward to hearing from her.

This creates a lot of emotion for me because I put so much into my writing. It becomes personal, and I have so much hope placed on becoming a successful writer.

Upvote 0