Aug 29, 2004
Iowa
✟9,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The Bad Templar said:
Has anyone here noticed the similarities between Dark Side of the Moon and Ecclesiastes?

No - what did you notice?

I did try to do the synchronization of Dark Side with the Wizard of Oz one time, and I didn't really notice anything spectacular.

Upvote 0

The Bad Templar

Oct 20, 2004
✟8,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IowaLutheran said:
No - what did you notice?

I did try to do the synchronization of Dark Side with the Wizard of Oz one time, and I didn't really notice anything spectacular.

I think the themes of both blend in well...death, pleasure, money, toil etc....

The theme of 'Breathe' (toil) 'run rabbit run, dig that hole forget the sun' is reflected in Ecclesiastes 2:17-26.

The theme of 'Money' is reflected in Ecclesiates 5:8-20.

The theme of 'Time' 'every year is getting shorter...never seem to find the time' is relected in Ecclesiastes 1:1-11.

The repeated use of 'everything under the sun' in Ecclesiates and 'everything under the sun' in Eclipse.

The repetition of 'a time to' Ecclesiastes 3 reflects 'all that you' in Eclipse.

BTW...I thought the Dark Side/Wizard of Oz syn was amazing....has anyone tried the Echoes/2001 syc?

Upvote 0

SoulReaper

Digital Peace
Jul 22, 2005
Earth
Visit site
✟893.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
NonExistentOne08 said:
Is there anybody out there? (pun intended) Didn't see a Pink Floyd thread in the first 6 pages, so here's one! For all you Floydians out there, what's your favorite song and/or album? My favorite album is definitely the Wall, with Pulse at a close second. As for song, that's definitely a bit tougher. Maybe Shine On, You Crazy Diamond, or Comfortably Numb, or any number of other songs. What do you guys think?

Time is my favourite song from Pink Floyd. Dave Gilmour does such a soulful guitar solo on this song.

While not having much technical ability, Gilmour's puts all his soul into his playing.

I love Pink Floyd. I've only got the Echoes album though. I'm goign to get Dark Side of the Moon soon.

Upvote 0

The Bad Templar

Oct 20, 2004
✟8,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NonExistentOne08 said:
I've heard of the DSotM/Oz sync, but what's the Echoes/2001 sync? You mean 2001: A Space Odyssey?

Yes.

Start the Meddle album version of 'Echoes' near the end of '2001: A Space Odyssey' where is says 'Jupiter: To Infinity and Beyond' (or something like that)....it's nice and trippy. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Dark Side of the Moon is brilliant as a whole. Separating out any one song from it lessens that song, I think.

I've never understood synching it with Wizard of Oz - and all of the band members have said that fans are a little off the edge for seeing it that way, especially since the movie is about 90 minutes long while the album only lasts for, what, 45 minutes?

But for favorite song... Echoes.

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
People have different ways of finishing the movie - my friend showed me the list, but I can't remember. Umm...some people just loop dsotm, others listen to part of Animals or the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th song of another cd....I can't remember which one

Upvote 0

ItalianAngel

~Angels watching over me...~
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2006
dividing my time between Pittsburgh, PA & McFarlan
Visit site
✟30,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I've been a Pink Floyd fan for a dozen or so years now. Awesome band! :thumbsup:

Favorite album and favorite song? wow, that's a tough one. For album it's a toss up between The Wall and Dark Side Of The Moon. Song? Today it's "Comfortably numb". tomorrow? Who knows?:D

blessings,
~Michele:angel:

Upvote 0

NonExistentOne08

Jan 23, 2005
✟240.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Did you guys hear? Syd died on the 7th of this month... related to diabetes... :cry:

But PULSE was awesome. I love some of the extras.

And I just got Meddle from my girlfriend. It's very good.

And on the subject of syncing... if you watch the last section of 2001: A Space Odyssey (from the part where it says "Jupiter and beyond the infinite) and listen to Echoes, it syncs up. It's pretty cool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've never understood synching it with Wizard of Oz - and all of the band members have said that fans are a little off the edge for seeing it that way, especially since the movie is about 90 minutes long while the album only lasts for, what, 45 minutes?

Well, the trick is to play it twice. The first time you start it is on the 2nd roar of the MGM lion.

Begin replaying the album on the second roar of the Cowardly lion. :)

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟208,942.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Nienor said:
I'm hearing rumors that Pink Floyd is reuniting as a tribute to Syd. I'm really hoping that they come somewhere near where I am :D ^_^ :D

If they do get together again, it all likelihood it will be a once-off event, similiar to the concert for George Harrison. I seriously doubt that they'll embark on a major tour.

Upvote 0

J23

currently racking brains for better custom title
Jan 19, 2005
south of Perth
✟8,159.00
Faith
Christian
Hooray for Nienor, resurrector of the Pink Floyd thread. :clap: :thumbsup:

I only discovered Pink Floyd recently and just love the music. WYWH is my favourite album, SOYCD is my favourite song.

btw, I just read an interview with Dave Gilmour - he said he definately didn't want to reform. :sigh:

Upvote 0