✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
IowaLutheran said:
Based on the Pink Floyd news sites, it will only be about a 4 song set. This is consistent with the set lengths of Live Aid (the reunited Led Zeppelin did 3 songs) and the fact that they just put the band back together and have only about 3 weeks to rehearse. My guess is they will try to play:

Us and Them (the general theme fits the event)
Money
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb

One can only imagine the emotions in the room when Dave and Roger first meet up.
I'd think they'd play On the Turning Away for a relief concert

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

funyun

aude sapere...sed praeterea, aude esse
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
✟4,544.00
Faith
Atheist
spacedout said:
My favorite Floyd tunes are probably "Childhood's End", "Set the Controls For the Heart of the Sun", "Echoes" and the two live cuts from the 1966-67 EP-- "Interstellar Overdrive" and "Nick's Boogie". :thumbsup:

I've been eating up any bootleg Floyd recordings I can get my hands on recently. I've found all kinds of weird songs from ousted Zabriskie Point material to rare and unreleased early stuff. Nick's Boogie's one of em. Also found a song called Lucy Leave by Barret waaaaay back from like '65 or something. Rumors are it's a fake, but it's a darn good song either way.

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
rebel_conservative said:
I never really got the hype about Dark Side, yeah it was alright and there were some pretty good tracks on it, but it is far from even their best album

|The lead guitar on both 'Time' and 'Money' is worth buying the album for alone!! :cool:

Upvote 0

rebel_conservative

Baruch HaShem! Praise G-d!
Feb 5, 2005
✟26,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
cygnusx1 said:
|The lead guitar on both 'Time' and 'Money' is worth buying the album for alone!! :cool:

don't get me wrong, I like DSOFTM, it is certainly worthy of inclusion in everyone's record collection, I just don't think it is their best album. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
funyun said:
I've been eating up any bootleg Floyd recordings I can get my hands on recently. I've found all kinds of weird songs from ousted Zabriskie Point material to rare and unreleased early stuff. Nick's Boogie's one of em. Also found a song called Lucy Leave by Barret waaaaay back from like '65 or something. Rumors are it's a fake, but it's a darn good song either way.

Nice! I've been hunting for boots myself for a while. The one I'm really after is the 04/14/1969 Royal Festival Hall gig ("More Furious Madness From the Massed Gadgets of Auximenies"). IIRC, that's the one where Nick Mason had at his disposal several octaves of tuned gongs-- I'm soooo curious to hear how they were used...

Upvote 0

funyun

Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
✟4,544.00
Faith
Atheist
spacedout said:
Nice! I've been hunting for boots myself for a while. The one I'm really after is the 04/14/1969 Royal Festival Hall gig ("More Furious Madness From the Massed Gadgets of Auximenies"). IIRC, that's the one where Nick Mason had at his disposal several octaves of tuned gongs-- I'm soooo curious to hear how they were used...

Ah yes. That's one of those shows with "The Man and the Journey" isn't it? Sounds like it's worth looking for.

Upvote 0

The Bad Templar

Oct 20, 2004
✟8,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great, a Floyd thread. :clap:

I am a volunteer announcer on my local community radio station...and I've just secured an hour-long Pink Floyd show between 11pm and midnight on Wednesday nights.

I'm going to call it the Dark Side of the Moon (original hah?) and will intro the show with 'In the Flesh' and close it with 'Brain Damage/Eclipse'.

The second half of the show will be devoted to long atmospheric tracks like Echoes, Shine On and Set the Controls.

Upvote 0

funyun

Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
✟4,544.00
Faith
Atheist
The Bad Templar said:
Great, a Floyd thread. :clap:

I am a volunteer announcer on my local community radio station...and I've just secured an hour-long Pink Floyd show between 11pm and midnight on Wednesday nights.

I'm going to call it the Dark Side of the Moon (original hah?) and will intro the show with 'In the Flesh' and close it with 'Brain Damage/Eclipse'.

The second half of the show will be devoted to long atmospheric tracks like Echoes, Shine On and Set the Controls.

You should take the oppurtunity to showcase some of Floyd's lesser known stuff. The soundtracks, in particular.

Upvote 0