• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Picture of just how large the titantic was

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by FriendlyJosh, Apr 2, 2012.

1. FriendlyJosh

FriendlyJosh Newbie

+120
    Christian
    In Relationship
    [​IMG]

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    Big.

3. FriendlyJosh

FriendlyJosh Newbie

+120
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Apparently costed 7.5 million back then to build which would be around 400 million today. They went cheap on the metal used too, which wouldn't of made a difference since mile long iceburg or however big it was would of still crushed it.

4. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+44,678
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    'Saving the Titanic' on PBS...
    Even if you’ve already seen a number of Titanic presentations, Saving the Titanic is likely to surprise you a few times. For example, I hadn’t known about the spontaneous coal fire, fueled by cheap coal purchased during a coal strike, which damaged the hull days prior to the iceberg collision, contributing to the disaster.

5. princess_ballet

princess_ballet Senior Veteran

+408
    Catholic
    Private
    Can you even imagine standing next to that thing? Holy cow.

6. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated

+2,208
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    I don 't know.

I read somewhere that the metal was brittle in the cold waters and may not have broken as badly if it had been the tempered steel that should have been used.

On the other hand the Olympic, its sister ship, lasted over 25 years of service without incident and sunk a U-boat by ramming it so what do I know.

7. MikeK

MikeK Traditionalist Catholic

+5,502
    Catholic
    Married
    A huge ship for her time, but at 47k tons displacement and 51000 horsepower, she really isn't remarkable anymore. An American Nimitz class Aircraft Carrier displaces around 95k tons and Has over a quarter million horsepower....and these are not the world's largest ships. We have submarines with outputs exceeding 60,000 horsepower.

All that said, the big liners of the early 20th century were awesome ships, and the Titanic more awesome than most.

8. WarriorAngel

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    i vaguely recall hearing something was amiss besides the iceberg.

9. epiclesis

epiclesis Legend

+784
    Catholic
    Married
    I saw a documentary a few years ago while at the gym watching tv about the building of it. It actually had a lot of footage of it being built, as well as the location and such. I was very intrigued!

10. StThomasMore

StThomasMore Christian Democrat

+90
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  11. Eirlysa

Eirlysa saved by grace through faith working in love

+7
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    That's.. too big. I had no idea it was so large. :sorry:

12. WarriorAngel

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    Perspective is seeing how tiny ppl look on it from a vantage point seeing it entirely.

13. Michie

+44,678
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  14. Michie

+44,678
    United States
    Catholic