Picking up the pieces & rebuilding my Faith (Introduction post)

f1ndingfaith

Feb 18, 2020
Edmonton,AB
✟9,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Greetings to you all! ♥ My name is Kailey, I am twenty years old and I am from AB,Canada. I thought for my introduction post, I would share my story and what lead me to this forum. From the tender age of four years old, I knew one thing for certain- that I believed in Jesus Christ. My Faith and love for him was so very strong. My family is very tight knit. I love my family with my whole heart. It was not until I was thirteen turning fourteen, that my Faith shifted. I always have had immense empathy for others, as I am a very compassionate person.

One thing about life though, is that you do not fully understand grief & the pain someone is experiencing, until you have gone through that pain yourself. At thirteen turning fourteen my grandfather lost his fight to Colon cancer. At that time even though I knew his pain was gone and he was at peace, I was angry at God. I tried so very hard not to be angry because I knew it was my grandpas' time. I got more involved in Church and spending more and more time with my Grandmother with my family. My grandmother was so warm, loving and compassionate. Unfortunately she got diagnosed with Cancer as well in the Summer of 2015, soon after my sixteenth birthday. It metastasized and she passed away in December of 2015. The anger, the pain of grief, hit me like a ton of bricks again. Even though I knew in my heart she was no longer suffering and she was at peace as well, I just could not understand at that time - why they had to go so soon.

For awhile I convinced myself that I no longer believed. However I remembered the comfort of Jesus Christ. He was there for my grandmother before and after my grandfather passed away, her Faith was so strong. I also knew deep down, that he was always there when I needed him. In my grief, in my struggle with mental health (I have anxiety & depression), and even in the midst of creating fond memories I hold dear. My last grandparent on my dad's side, my Kukom (it means grandma in Cree. An aboriginal language. I am of Métis descent.) She was a single mom. She raised my Dad, my aunt and uncle. She was so strong, stubborn, but she had a heart of gold. She was sick for a long time. She had kidney failure and was on dialysis, and soon was diagnosed with dementia. Her Faith was so strong and her love for Jesus was too. She passed away in her sleep, the way she always said she wanted to go whenever her time would come. Even though its approaching two years (July 5th), since she passed, I do not have anger in my heart. I know that she is in heaven, the same goes for my mother's parents, and they all are not in pain anymore.

I am aware that I still have a long journey ahead of me, when it comes to rebuilding my Faith. But I want you all to know, that I am no longer angry. I am grateful for the life I have, and family and friends I hold dear to my heart- including my boyfriend who I love very dearly that I have been with for almost a year (March 23rd is our anniversary.) I am taking small steps. One of those steps was joining this forum. I wanted to share my story but also meet others and read their stories. One of the first steps I have made is acknowledging that I still believe. ♥

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings to you all! ♥ My name is Kailey, I am twenty years old and I am from AB,Canada. I thought for my introduction post, I would share my story and what lead me to this forum. From the tender age of four years old, I knew one thing for certain- that I believed in Jesus Christ. My Faith and love for him was so very strong. My family is very tight knit. I love my family with my whole heart. It was not until I was thirteen turning fourteen, that my Faith shifted. I always have had immense empathy for others, as I am a very compassionate person.

One thing about life though, is that you do not fully understand grief & the pain someone is experiencing, until you have gone through that pain yourself. At thirteen turning fourteen my grandfather lost his fight to Colon cancer. At that time even though I knew his pain was gone and he was at peace, I was angry at God. I tried so very hard not to be angry because I knew it was my grandpas' time. I got more involved in Church and spending more and more time with my Grandmother with my family. My grandmother was so warm, loving and compassionate. Unfortunately she got diagnosed with Cancer as well in the Summer of 2015, soon after my sixteenth birthday. It metastasized and she passed away in December of 2015. The anger, the pain of grief, hit me like a ton of bricks again. Even though I knew in my heart she was no longer suffering and she was at peace as well, I just could not understand at that time - why they had to go so soon.

For awhile I convinced myself that I no longer believed. However I remembered the comfort of Jesus Christ. He was there for my grandmother before and after my grandfather passed away, her Faith was so strong. I also knew deep down, that he was always there when I needed him. In my grief, in my struggle with mental health (I have anxiety & depression), and even in the midst of creating fond memories I hold dear. My last grandparent on my dad's side, my Kukom (it means grandma in Cree. An aboriginal language. I am of Métis descent.) She was a single mom. She raised my Dad, my aunt and uncle. She was so strong, stubborn, but she had a heart of gold. She was sick for a long time. She had kidney failure and was on dialysis, and soon was diagnosed with dementia. Her Faith was so strong and her love for Jesus was too. She passed away in her sleep, the way she always said she wanted to go whenever her time would come. Even though its approaching two years (July 5th), since she passed, I do not have anger in my heart. I know that she is in heaven, the same goes for my mother's parents, and they all are not in pain anymore.

I am aware that I still have a long journey ahead of me, when it comes to rebuilding my Faith. But I want you all to know, that I am no longer angry. I am grateful for the life I have, and family and friends I hold dear to my heart- including my boyfriend who I love very dearly that I have been with for almost a year (March 23rd is our anniversary.) I am taking small steps. One of those steps was joining this forum. I wanted to share my story but also meet others and read their stories. One of the first steps I have made is acknowledging that I still believe. ♥
Welcome! Thank you for sharing!

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith