The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is my third Glock in a year after not owning one for around 17 years.

Wasn't too thrilled with the accuracy and trigger feel of my G19 that I bought brand new a couple of months ago.

I tried thirteen different ammunition types and hand loads through it and even bought an aftermarket match barrel and best it ever did was just over 2" at 25yds. After hundreds of dollars spent on bullets, cases, dies, different ammo types, barrel, trigger connector, trigger job, etc. the best it did last range session was 3 3/8". It was getting worse...

Frustrated, was telling a a guy at work about my frustration and he exclaimed he wish his guns could shoot that good and offered to buy it for $100 more than I paid for it. Sold!

Turned around and decided to buy the Glock G35 Gen 4, which is Glock's match and SWAT model in .40 S&W. But I really wanted a Flat Dark Earth model, which I was told was very hard to find. Managed to find one in Kentucky brand new so I ordered it last week.

It showed up yesterday and I went to my FFL and picked it up today. Haven't shot it yet, but have already done some trigger work and it is light and crisp (for a Glock). Did some deburring of the frame as well.

It points and comes up on target really fast and natural; love it! I just hope it is as accurate as my 10mm Glock.

Looking at the pictures I took of it, I can see how people don't like the FDE models; kinda' ugly. But I really like the uniqueness of them and they look better in person. But, yeah; to be honest, this is one ugly gun...

IMG_20171130_190325268.jpg

IMG_20171130_205337571.jpg

Reactions: Darkhorse

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've been too busy with getting my guest bedroom remodeled and visiting with relatives to take it to the range for official accuracy testing.

I did work up some loads to try out and was hoping to shoot it yesterday, but I ended up installing a new floor in my guest room.

I took my grandson sledding in the mountains last week and ran a box of really junky steel-cased ammo through it shooting at 10yds off-hand and it seemed to do pretty good. But I've never shot that ammo before and just wanted to get rid of it, so no idea if it's accurate stuff. I suspect not.

I do have a match the weekend after Christmas, so I will find out one way or the other if it is accurate...

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I recently bought a G35 to move up to major in USPSA but haven't shot it yet. I prefer all black guns, although there is a guy who has a G34 with orange grip tape and a partial orange slide that I just love.
Sounds like it would be hideous, but it's really nice looking. And perfect for Halloween!

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My Son was heavy into Glock,there is a slang name for guys who were that brand loyal.
This last year He changed Brands to Tamfoglio ,they are .cz clones.
The 10 mm match will drive tacks.as with the 45 as well.
With his Glock he would go high left.

As with Glock they are high capacity double stack mags, but look more like a 1911.
The 10mm is a double/ single action that is a great feature for defence purpose as with the FN.
The only recommendation for performance would be a wolf spring up grade if you shoot heavy 10mm or + p 45s they come in polymer or stainless steel, match grade Is stainless.

But if I wanted the best it would be Kimber but that is another discussion.

Upvote 0

Servant68

Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I came in 2nd in my first match with it. No idea why I originally posted that the trigger was light and crisp. It's anything but. Had the Glock armorer take a look at it at the match and he said it was one of the heaviest he's seen at around 9lbs.

I have all new parts ordered.

Upvote 0

Servant68

Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My Son was heavy into Glock,there is a slang name for guys who were that brand loyal.
This last year He changed Brands to Tamfoglio ,they are .cz clones.
The 10 mm match will drive tacks.as with the 45 as well.
With his Glock he would go high left.

As with Glock they are high capacity double stack mags, but look more like a 1911.
The 10mm is a double/ single action that is a great feature for defence purpose as with the FN.
The only recommendation for performance would be a wolf spring up grade if you shoot heavy 10mm or + p 45s they come in polymer or stainless steel, match grade Is stainless.

But if I wanted the best it would be Kimber but that is another discussion.

Kimber used to be the gold standard but the quality has really slipped lately. My dad wanted one of their Mountain Ascent rifles but the accuracy is really spotty. Friends that bought them are reporting horrible accuracy and even worse customer service.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,537.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I recently tried out someone's EAA Witness (full size, stainless) and it was sweet.
Little recoil, very accurate. I was impressed.
Also a CZ Clone I believe. The lower centre line of the barrel in these designs along with all the real steel softens the shooting considerably.

My NZ85 the same... however due to mechanical issues that I have been unable to resolve (distributor sent me all manner of replacement parts), the distributor as graciously offered to exchange it for me.

A word of caution, if you take one of these styles of pistols apart, you will need tweezers, a jewelers loup, and lots of light and time to reassemble; do it a couple times, and it will become very intuitive! First time took me two hours; second try 20 minutes; third, about 15 minutes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Also a CZ Clone I believe.

A word of caution, if you take one of these styles of pistols apart, you will need tweezers, a jewelers loup, and lots of light and time to reassemble; do it a couple times, and it will become very intuitive! First time took me two hours; second try 20 minutes; third, about 15 minutes.
Yes, its a CZ clone. Thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0

Servant68

Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are the CZ’s a Browning Hi Power clone or do they just resemble the Browning?

The CZs are a blend of two most notable pistols; the Browning Hi-Power and the Sig P210...

"All of the CZ 75-series guns, with the exception of the Kadet .22LR model, are short-recoil operated with locking systems modified from the Browning Model 1935 (Hi Power) and the SIG P210. Two lugs on top of the barrel fit into corresponding recesses in the slide when the gun is in battery. A barrel bottom lug, which is integral with the hammer-forged barrel, is slotted and retained by the slide-stop pin."

Read more: A History of the CZ 75 - Firearms News

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The CZs are a blend of two most notable pistols; the Browning Hi-Power and the Sig P210...

"All of the CZ 75-series guns, with the exception of the Kadet .22LR model, are short-recoil operated with locking systems modified from the Browning Model 1935 (Hi Power) and the SIG P210. Two lugs on top of the barrel fit into corresponding recesses in the slide when the gun is in battery. A barrel bottom lug, which is integral with the hammer-forged barrel, is slotted and retained by the slide-stop pin."

Thanks! I am at work and they block firearms from the internet. They sound like the best of both worlds.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
There has been one issue on the slide spring.
Full or heavy 10mm or 45 + p a upgrade is needed to a wolf 20 pound.
Wolf offers a packet of different tension on springs so you can dial in what you want.
My Son has several of these due to the High capacity in 10mm.
He had to change one on the polymer compact,but the stainless match has been flawless.
For the money the quality of build is great, holding it will sell you one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

That is a fairly easy pin to align, to field strip it is not that different from a 1911.

You cannot do the 460 Rowland on these,even though the Rowland fits 1911 mags.
The Rowland conversion does not work with double stacks for some reason.
It would be a great conversion with The 45 match and 12 rounds
Of power like the Rowland produces.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Kimber used to be the gold standard but the quality has really slipped lately. My dad wanted one of their Mountain Ascent rifles but the accuracy is really spotty. Friends that bought them are reporting horrible accuracy and even worse customer service.

I have watched some disappointing you tube videos on this topic.
They brought out a second 10 mm besides the Eclipse ,a TLE I believe ,and the feedback was somewhat negative.
Although they have a hit with the k6 revolver.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,537.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

The fire control group is a bit different; tiny springs, tiny pins; likewise, the detents for the safety are also very tiny:

All these little bits:
upload_2017-12-28_6-32-11.png

Upvote 0

Servant68

Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Got the new trigger parts installed. It's much lighter now but still not quite as good as my other Glock trigger.

Was having accuracy issues since the previous trigger was so heavy. Figured out the gun likes the 155gr bullets and worked up some new loads and along with a lighter trigger, reached my goal of under 2" groups at 25yds...

IMG_20171230_114435998.jpg

I know not very impressive for a supposed "match" pistol, but very good for a Glock and good enough for me to no longer blame the gun for bad scores... ;-)

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,537.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Got the new trigger parts installed. It's much lighter now but still not quite as good as my other Glock trigger.

Was having accuracy issues since the previous trigger was so heavy. Figured out the gun likes the 155gr bullets and worked up some new loads and along with a lighter trigger, reached my goal of under 2" groups at 25yds...

View attachment 217416

I know not very impressive for a supposed "match" pistol, but very good for a Glock and good enough for me to no longer blame the gun for bad scores... ;-)
It's impressive; I can't shoot that good!

• Friendly
Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0