Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have suffered with fibromyalgia since 2010. My back is pretty messed up too..osteoarthritis, bulging and extruded discs. While my fibro is better and controlled, my back still has flares every once in awhile. I've been in mod to severe pain for 8 days now. It's in the lumbar spine area.

I'm jut sitting here thinking...is physical pain brought on from sin more than living in a fallen world? I do ask for forgiveness, and even ask for forgiveness of sins that I might not be aware of.
I am 47, going through premenopause, and physical/emotional pain. I try to stay positive, but in the last few weeks I've been kinda grouchy.

Physical pain can really take a toll on you mentally. If my back doesn't get better in another week, I guess I will request an xray to see if my discs are worse. Right now, I'm resting and im trying not to aggravate it anymore than I have

I was just wondering if it could be sin, or punishment.

It is right for us to ask the Lord for forgiveness for what we may have done wrong, but we are also called to release forgiveness to those who wrong us, too !

If we have done that, we must believe that the blood of His Son cleanse us from all our unrighteousness.

We should also remember what is written:

In fact, it was our diseases He bore, our pains from which He suffered ; yet we regarded Him as punished, stricken and afflicted. -Isaiah 53:4 CJB

How gracious is the Lord’s steadfast love that He willingly bore our diseases and He willingly suffered for us by bearing our pains !

Then what we should do :
I will extol you, O LORD, for you have drawn me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me. -Psalms 30:1
O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me. -Psalms 30:2
O LORD, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit. -Psalms 30:3

Littlek, remember that the Lord have brought your soul or mind from Sheol.
Don’t let your foes or the evil spirit of oppression deceive you and bring your mind to Sheol. Believe that you take the Lord’s yoke and that the Lord bears this suffering with you and keep the trust that He heal you with His wounds.

Upvote 0