Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "spiritual " body is still a physical body but is 100% controlled by the power of the Spirit void of any sinful flesh and its desires.

With Respect, I don't believe scripture supports this contention.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So when Jesus said His Resurrected body was " flesh and bones" and that he was not a "spirit" He was meaning His flesh and bones were not physical ?

That His hands. feet, arms, legs,crucifixion marks, face etc...... were non physical ?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That the resurrection body of Jesus was material-although not the same kind of flesh (per Paul),

Where does Paul teach that the Post resurrection, Pre ascension Body of Jesus is not the same kind of flesh as the flesh that was crucified?

is seen in how Jesus took great pains to show He was not a "spirit", a ghost. You can find that several places. He could eat, and be touched, but it seems He could vanish too and go through walls. This means the new spiritual body may be able to move freely in between the spiritual realm an earthly. IMO, this is how it will be.

Well, His pre-cross Body could walk on water and pass through Hostile crowds untouched... its a stretch to conclude it could not also appear and disappear and walk through walls at that time... Absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence.

Notice this is tied to His coming in power (second coming) When He comes He will be shining like on the mount of transfiguration. This is a picture of His glorified body.

Matthew 17:1-2 Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.

All agree this was a prefiguration of Jesus' Glorified form, yet it is wholly different from ANY eyewitness account of His post-crucifixion, pre-ascension resurrected Body.

It had yet to undergo "some" appreciable change prior to the ascension, that the Transfiguration pre figured.

Naturally, this discussion could evolve into an eschatological one... but with respect to the sub forum, I'll try to steer clear of that, even though any discussion of the nature of His Glorified Body requires we at least touch on it..

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

John, an eyewitness to the resurrected flesh body of Jesus, here testifies infallibly that it had not been revealed to him what Jesus presently, in Heaven, looks like. This indicates plainly that some sort of appreciable change to His physical appearance happened at or after the ascension, otherwise, John would not have said so.

Later, John was brought to heaven and witnessed Jesus Looking like this:

Revelation 5:6
And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

So here again we have the apostle infallibly testifying that, In heaven, Jesus has taken the non-human form of a Lamb with 7 horns and 7 eyes.... Unquestionably different physical features than he had when He ascended.

My contention is this:

I contend that In Acts 1, when the cloud received Him out of their site, was the moment His body was glorified, and not a moment before, and it is unto THAT body that ours will be fashioned. It is the same Glorified Body which Jesus Had before the incarnation, at the foundation of the world.

Again, John himself, who witnessed His post resurrection, pre ascension Body first hand with His own eyes, Indicates that He had still NOT seen His Glorified Body:

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

At this point, after the Ascension, John is clear that He had NOT seen Jesus "as He is" presently, so, some sort of Appreciable Change to Jesus' body took place AFTER John last saw Him in the flesh.

I contend that "appreciable change" was the Glorification of His Body, The returning of His body back to the condition it was in before the foundation of the world, and it took place the moment the Cloud received Him out of their sight.

As to the timing of Christ's glorification, we have the following scriptures:

John 7.39. 'But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.'

Here we see that the spirit would be given when Jesus was glorified. During the forty days after his resurrection, the HS was not given. Only after the ascension was the HS given.

John 12.16. 'These things His disciples did not understand at the first; but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things were written of Him, and that they had done these things to Him.'

In the context of this verse Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the donkey and the people cheered. This, again, was only understood by them after his ascension and not during the 40 days.

John 17.24. ' "Father, I desire that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am, in order that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me; for Thou didst love Me before the foundation of the world." '

Here, Jesus expressly declared that the disciples would 'behold [His] glory' when they were with him where he was. This was not referring anytime on earth, but must be referring to after his ascension.

Jesus was NOT resurrected in His Glorified Body, He was resurrected in the Self same Body that hung on the cross and Had no different powers or attributes to it than He had before the Crucifixion (save the fact it could no longer be put to death)

Jesus’ body was glorified after His ascension according to Acts 9:3-6 and Revelation 1:13-16 such that it took on a form like that of the Father and the heavenly host. In describing the appearance of God, Ezekiel 1:26-28 reads:

Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord.

Jesus’ resurrection body after His ascension into heaven is described with similar radiance and glory according to Revelation 1:13-16:

[A]nd among the lampstands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.”

This OBVIOUSLY is completely different from ANY eyewitness account of His post-resurrection PRE ASCENSION Body. Something clearly, undeniably, Changed at the ascension.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Galatians 5: 19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.

@Jesus is YHWH : I believe that the flesh is flesh, and the spirit is spirit. Like God is Spirit, though however what you are speaking of sounds like spiritual body is still a physical body.

My explanation of what you are saying would be like this.

We are born with a fleshly body, it sins. We discover the Lord Jesus Christ, or (someone discovers out there that there is something greater than themselves [if they don't have a bible])

A spirit is born inside of a person, from of course how we know the Lord Jesus Christ baptizes a person with fire, and spirit. So, I believe that the spirit and the fleshly body are two different aspects in life itself.

It's like when you look at Jesus, how He was a man, but had God in Him. God in Him was the spirit of God in Him. But Jesus, was just a regular person like the rest of everyone else. He had desires, temptations, choices, just as a normal person would. Where as the spirit, that comes from Heaven is a totally different aspect of earthly form.

So through the spirit as believers and being able to build the spirit up through scripture leads us to, the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control.

So that is my assessment of what I could gather from your posting reply back at me.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So when Jesus said His Resurrected body was " flesh and bones" and that he was not a "spirit" He was meaning His flesh and bones were not physical ?

That His hands. feet, arms, legs,crucifixion marks, face etc...... were non physical ?

See my post above

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My contention is this:

I contend that In Acts 1, when the cloud received Him out of their site, was the moment His body was glorified, and not a moment before, and it is unto THAT body that ours will be fashioned. It is the same Glorified Body which Jesus Had before the incarnation, at the foundation of the world.
Where did you come up with this idea of a Pre Incarnate body of the Son?

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

All these versions make it clear that the body of the Lord was material, but also spiritual. So Paul was talking about something else, and we touched on that.

That a physical body can live for ever is shown in the Genesis. The tree of life does have power to grant immortality or otherwise God would not of had it guarded. (Adam was in his "natural" fallen state then, not spiritual, that is why we need a new spiritual body to go with our new born again nature) So Same way in Rev 21-22, angels guard the gates of the new Jerusalem where the tree of life is. No one can enter in except those born again, and it seems with a resurrection body.

I use to have trouble with this too, but the new Jerusalem will set down on the earth and we will have resurrected material bodies that will live forever. We will eat, work, play, learn, and help Jesus govern the earth for 1000 years! After this who knows what exciting things God has for us?! :amen: Read Randy Alcorn Heaven, it will change your view point on what Heaven is.

22Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”23therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken. 24So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.

Luke 24:39
SUM PIC XRF DEV STU
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

New Living Translation
Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it’s really me. Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don’t have bodies, as you see that I do.”

English Standard Version
See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”

Berean Study Bible
Look at My hands and My feet. It is I Myself. Touch Me and see—for a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

Berean Literal Bible
See My hands and My feet, that I am He. Touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see Me having."

New American Standard Bible
"See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."

New King James Version
Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

King James Bible
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Christian Standard Bible
Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself! Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have.”

Contemporary English Version
Look at my hands and my feet and see who I am! Touch me and find out for yourselves. Ghosts don't have flesh and bones as you see I have."

Good News Translation
Look at my hands and my feet, and see that it is I myself. Feel me, and you will know, for a ghost doesn't have flesh and bones, as you can see I have."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Look at My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself! Touch Me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have."

International Standard Version
Look at my hands and my feet, because it's really me. Touch me and look at me, because a ghost doesn't have flesh and bones as you see that I have."

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where did you come up with this idea of a Pre Incarnate body of the Son?

I came up with it From Jesus.
John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 5: 19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.

@Jesus is YHWH : I believe that the flesh is flesh, and the spirit is spirit. Like God is Spirit, though however what you are speaking of sounds like spiritual body is still a physical body.

My explanation of what you are saying would be like this.

We are born with a fleshly body, it sins. We discover the Lord Jesus Christ, or (someone discovers out there that there is something greater than themselves [if they don't have a bible])

A spirit is born inside of a person, from of course how we know the Lord Jesus Christ baptizes a person with fire, and spirit. So, I believe that the spirit and the fleshly body are two different aspects in life itself.

It's like when you look at Jesus, how He was a man, but had God in Him. God in Him was the spirit of God in Him. But Jesus, was just a regular person like the rest of everyone else. He had desires, temptations, choices, just as a normal person would. Where as the spirit, that comes from Heaven is a totally different aspect of earthly form.

So through the spirit as believers and being able to build the spirit up through scripture leads us to, the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control.

So that is my assessment of what I could gather from your posting reply back at me.
Jesus didn't have " God " in Him like we do. He was and is God in the flesh ( Incarnate) a man. He was.is fully man( including a body,soul,spirit) and fully God. Whatever can be said of the Holy spirits Deity or the Fathers Deity can be said of the Sons Deity. There is no ONE in the Trinity less God than the others.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All these versions make it clear that the body of the Lord was material, but also spiritual. So Paul was talking about something else, and we touched on that.

Please see my post #23
There is no solid scriptural support to assume His post resurrection Pre ascension body was any different, spiritually or physically, from the one that Hung on the cross.

That a physical body can live for ever is shown in the Genesis. The tree of life does have power to grant immortality or otherwise God would not of had it guarded.

I think you assume too much here... Does one Bite from the tree grant physical immortality? or does one have to keep eating from it?

If Adam Never ate from the tree of Good/Evil Knowledge and Fell, yet also never chose to eat from the Tree of Life, would His physical Body have Died eventually?

Clearly the Physical Human Body was not created intrinsically immortal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I came up with it From Jesus.
John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Glory in that text has nothing to do with a body. it has to do with what Paul described in Phil 2 pre Incarnate Glory He had with the Father being " EQUAL" with God the Father prior to His Humility described in the passage.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Glory in that text has nothing to do with a body. it has to do with what Paul described in Phil 2 pre Incarnate Glory He had with the Father being " EQUAL" with God the Father prior to His Humility described in the passage.

How does this prove to you that He did NOT possess a Glorified Body when He was Equal with the father in Glory prior to His Humanity? And How does it prove to you that His pre incarnate Glory he had with the father is NOT the same Glory He returned to after the ascension?

hope this helps !!!

No it Doesn't really help.

In what form do you say Jesus existed before the world was?
Was He a formless spirit only? What scriptures support this?

What would help is if you'd address the scriptures I cite pointing to the fact that His Body was not glorified BEFORE the ascension, show us why they do not mean what I contend they do, and provide your alternate interpretation of them for us to consider.

That would help a lot, since it seems you're soooo eager to be helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Corinthians 15: (THERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS HERE)

35 But someone may ask, “How will the dead be raised? What kind of bodies will they have?”

36 What a foolish question! When you put a seed into the ground, it doesn’t grow into a plant unless it dies first.

37 And what you put in the ground is not the plant that will grow, but only a bare seed of wheat or whatever you are planting.

38 Then God gives it the new body he wants it to have. A different plant grows from each kind of seed.

39 Similarly there are different kinds of flesh—one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish.

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

41 The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory.

42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever.

Question here: Verse 42: What type of body is incorruptible?

43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.

Question here: Verse 43: How does our body become broken, and weak however how is it given the strength to carry on?

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

45 The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit.

46 What comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later.

Question here: Verse 46: What comes first? What comes later?

47 Adam, the first man, was made from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven.

48 Earthly people are like the earthly man, and heavenly people are like the heavenly man.

49 Just as we are now like the earthly man, we will someday be like the heavenly man.

Question here: Verse 49: What will happen to us after we our natural bodies die and we go on to God, what does God give as He pleases? Would the answer be a spiritual body?

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

Question here: Verse 50: What is the body type that can not inherit the Kingdom of God?

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

52 It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.

53 For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.

Question here: Verse 53: Why must our bodies be transformed ?

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled:

“Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”

56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How does this prove to you that He did NOT possess a Glorified Body when He was Equal with the father in Glory prior to His Humanity? And How does it prove to you that His pre incarnate Glory he had with the father is NOT the same Glory He returned to after the ascension?

What would help is if you'd address the scriptures I cite pointing to the fact that His Body was not glorified BEFORE the ascension, show us why they do not mean what I contend they do, and provide your alternate interpretation of them for us to consider.

Lets begin with some biblical facts.
1- God is Spirit
2- God is Triune- the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
3- The Son is God, the 2nd Divine Person of the Trinity
4- God the Son BECAME man via the Incarnation. Nowhere does it ever say in Scripture the Son was in the flesh prior to His birth as a man.
5- Jesus declared He was NOT A SPIRIT post Resurrection and that He was FLESH and BONES. Flesh and bones are physical in nature.
6- Resurrection by definition is bodily, physical from OT, NT and Jewish sources.
7- Man was created in the image of God and was designed to have a real material physical body. Man is body, soul and spirit.
8- Literally there are well over a 100 uses of the phrase " son of man" in Scripture and Jesus used this of Himself over 80 times
9- Son of man means having the human nature of man which includes a physical body. Look up the meaning sometime.
10-There are numerous unfulfilled passages in Scripture regarding the future return of the Son of man.
11- The Son of man will return physically as a man with a human body,soul and spirit.
12- Jesus is Immutable, He is the same yesterday, today and forever. The Incarnation was permanent not temporal as ALL the CREEDS in Christendom proclaim as did the ECF's, the Apostles, Jesus and the Prophets.

hope this helps !!!

• Agree
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Lets talk pre Bethlehem , pre N.T.

Do you understand the meaning of spirit ?

Do you understand that God is spirit ?

And that the Son is God ?

And if pre creation there was God and nothing existed outside of the Godhead, where did His "body" come from before creation ?

God is Immutable so that is your dilemma.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please see my post #23
There is no solid scriptural support to assume His post resurrection Pre ascension body was any different, spiritually or physically, from the one that Hung on the cross.

I think you assume too much here... Does one Bite from the tree grant physical immortality? or does one have to keep eating from it?

If Adam Never ate from the tree of Good/Evil Knowledge and Fell, yet also never chose to eat from the Tree of Life, would His physical Body have Died eventually?

Clearly the Physical Human Body was not created intrinsically immortal.

>Well, the one on the cross died, right? He wasn't all marred from the beatings, He looked new! :)

>God just said take and eat. I assume it was like the Passover where you just need to eat a small amount. God said it, and I believe it. :)

>Think you might of mixed your thoughts, but if Adam and Eve never ate of the tree of good and evil, they would not of died because sin produces death. That's why Jesus had to lay His life down, He was sinless and could not die, but He got really beat up. :( So before sin death was not present nor could be-even in the animal kingdom. Everything was very good in Gods eyes.

15Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it. 16The LORD God commanded the man, saying, “From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; 17but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.”

12Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

>I saw your other posts. Glory is honor/doxa, but it is tied to brightness too. This "shining glory" and the majestic honor was what Jesus had before He humbled Himself, became a man and died on the cross for our sins.

Jesus is YHWH, has pointed out that God was never "made flesh" before He was born in shed and laid in the feeding trough.

Now Jesus did appear as the Angel of the Lord, and the Captain of the Host (Gods elect angels) in the OT, was in the burning bush, and pillar of fire and cloud by day, but He didn't have a flesh & blood body.

Did He have a form in the spiritual realm? I think He probably did. But the clear teaching of the Scriptures is that the same body that died on the cross was raised up never to die again. He got His majestic glory back when He ascended back into heaven. His shining glory and highest position of honor was once again His.

God the Father has a form even though Jesus said He was spirit. ( Ex 32, Ezek 1, Dan 7) Angels have forms and they are spirits. We will see God the Fathers face one day. (Rev 22)

I'm not sure why you are so against Jesus having a body of flesh and bones forever now? :scratch: It's like you see the realm of the spirit is superior to the material world- even in a resurrection body and the curse is lifted off the earth.

True, flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. But this means you have to be born again, you cannot be of royal enough of a blood line to inherit it, or do enough works, or will yourself into it, and you have to die (or be changed) to inherit it.

12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God

17The LORD said to Moses, “I will also do this thing of which you have spoken; for you have found favor in My sight and I have known you by name.” 18Then Moses said, “I pray You, show me Your glory!” 19And He said, “I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion.” 20But He said, “You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!” 21Then the LORD said, “Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock; 22and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. 23“Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen.”

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hope this helps !!!

It Helped me understand your opinion, yes.

Lets begin with some biblical facts.

OK, And I'll point out where you are inserting your opinion and calling it a "Biblical Fact".. and I hope it helps!

1- God is Spirit
Agreed. Fact

2- God is Triune- the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
Agreed. Fact

3- The Son is God, the 2nd Divine Person of the Trinity
Agreed. Fact

4- God the Son BECAME man via the Incarnation. Nowhere does it ever say in Scripture the Son was in the flesh prior to His birth as a man.
Agreed. Fact

5- Jesus declared He was NOT A SPIRIT post Resurrection and that He was FLESH and BONES. Flesh and bones are physical in nature.
Agreed. Fact

6- Resurrection by definition is bodily, physical from OT, NT and Jewish sources.
Opinion. And Demonstrably untrue.
The Bible uses the term "resurrection"of national restorations (Isa 26:13-14,19-20/ Ez 37), personal salvation/baptism, the transfer of departed souls in the O.T. Hades/Sheol into God's heaven, and the final state of all things.

7- Man was created in the image of God and was designed to have a real material physical body. Man is body, soul and spirit.
Agreed. fact

8- Literally there are well over a 100 uses of the phrase " son of man" in Scripture and Jesus used this of Himself over 80 times
Agreed. Fact

9- Son of man means having the human nature of man which includes a physical body. Look up the meaning sometime.
Opinion, unsupported. The onus is on you, the claimant, to support your position with evidence. I won't do your work for you.

10-There are numerous unfulfilled passages in Scripture regarding the future return of the Son of man.
Again, far too broad, and a Barnum Statement at best. And I disagree. Jesus Christ Fulfilled ALL eschatological passages exactly as and WHEN He said He would. He did not fail.

11- The Son of man will return physically as a man with a human body,soul and spirit.
Opinion, not supported by Scripture, only supported by bending scripture to suit your personal bias..
And you must explain how a single 5 + foot physical human being will be seen descending to set his foot on the mt of Olives by every physical eye of every physical human being on the planet. I'm in Oregon, in the woods.. How will I PHYSICALLY see that event happening over Jerusalem? Clearly you already ascribe some type of spiritual, mystical nature to this event, so I'm unclear how you reconcile that with your apparent hyper wooden literalism about it? If youre truly "hoping to Help", then Maybe you'll Help me understand that dichotomy and how you personally reconcile this inner physical/spiritual conundrum you seem to have.

12- Jesus is Immutable, He is the same yesterday, today and forever. The Incarnation was permanent not temporal as ALL the CREEDS in Christendom proclaim as did the ECF's, the Apostles, Jesus and the Prophets.

How could He be the same BEFORE the incarnation as After? You just said He wasn't? Now you say He was?
And, again, show your work.

Hope this helps!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0