God-chaser
May 5, 2009
Scotland
✟15,554.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Just interested in what physical manifestations of the Holy Spirit you have experienced and how you feel these affected your relationship with God.

My main experience has been an inability to stand up due to the intensity of the presence of God. At first I was very susceptible, ironically I had previously been very skeptical! During these times God really dealt with me about the whole issue of complete surrender which is still an ongoing daily battle!

(I was going to post this in the main forum as I am interested in the experiences of some over there but I couldn't bear the possibility that people would argue and disagree over the validity of people's experiences!)

disciple-ofjesus

Dec 23, 2009
New York
✟2,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
smart thinking Heather

I have shaken under the power, not violently or anything. I have "fallen" out. Wept...It has for sure brought me closer to Him. I "let" myself get shut down by people who didn't understand, and therefore this hasn't happened in a long while. Interestingly enough, we had a revivalist come through our area last Sunday. I went to the evening meeting. He talked about this very thing. Not just that, but was saying if you put your finger in a light socket, there is going to be a reaction. Anyway, he then lead people in prayer who had been hurt, shut down etc during "revival" (even personal revival). It was freeing! So as I move closer to the Lord, and become more intimate again, I am interested to see what happens.

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Emmh Errh where do I start, on a couple of occasions I have been like a typical an old fashioned "holy roller" rolling over the floor, I have shaken et times, fallen under the power. The manifestations though are unimpotant, it's the weighty presence of God and what He is doing on the inside of me that matters.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
How many ways can I praise Him for what he has done in and thru me!:bow:
the following are just a few ways.

When teaching a group, i always listen for his voice and add in the impromptu points that He reminds me of.

During Easter week one night while on CF, i was thinking of the sermon we heard at church on Easter Sunday. I asked God what He would have given me to say had I been the one preaching, and no sooner than i asked but He poured out a whole sermon and altar call that really blessed me.

The Holy Spirit has slain me while singing. I was sitting on a couch and His presence which came into the room felt like a heavy cloud and just pushed me over sideways from a sitting position so that i was laying down on the couch. in the song we were singing we were asking the Holy Spirit to just rain down on us, and He did.!

Again while singing i have bowed down in church on my hands and knees in worship at His prompting. He has also guided me in hand signs to a song which the whole church now uses when they sing it.

once while doing a solo in church at a singing program i was singing to recorded music. half way thru the song i could hear the music in my ear spiritually, so i turned the tape recorder down and sang to what i heard spiritually. It was a praise song containing the names of God. After i finished (i was last on the program) there was silence, and my pastor and his wife who were sitting in the front pew had very big smiles on their faces because they knew what had happened.

Upvote 0
T

TheBloodOfJesus

I become very fluent and able to speak easily and boldly.
Sometimes I may feel what seems to be a mantle or a robe type thing on my shoulders.
Sometimes I feel taller, like my spirit stood up inside of me... and he is taller than my physical body.
When I am online posting I sometimes get the feeling of being lighter and floating. The post flows very easy.
The most unusual feeling? We had Bible study one morning and before going I was cooking some eggies. As I was standing there, what seemed to be a coin dropped down through the top of my head, down the inside of my body, finally ending up in the "bowels." It was much like a coin being dropped into a candy machine. You can hear it clink and clank through the machinery until it finally clunks into the coin pot.

Upvote 0

heatherfb

God-chaser
May 5, 2009
Scotland
✟15,554.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for all your responses. I think it's amazing how God can meet us in so many different ways but agree that the important thing is not what might or might not happen in a physical sense but what the spiritual response is and the change in our relationship with God.

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hello I am new to this forum :wave:

I am sooo blessed HIS presence is with me most every morning during my quiet time with HIM ...even this morning I was blessed with HIS presence! :amen:

:wave:Hello and welcome! May your time here be blessed! It's always soooo nice to meet others who share the Love of the Lord! Hallelujah!!:clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I love this thread! I love hearing about other people's experiences - so exciting! I too have felt the presence of the Lord on many occassion since becoming born again and baptised in the Holy Spirit. I have been on the phone with my prayer partner doing a Bible Study, and we have both experienced that laughing like being drunk in the Holy Spirit - soooo funny - we don't really now just what we are laughing at exactly - only that it's very funny! It's the joy of the Lord hallelujah!

I've also felt very tall which is rather funny as I am not a tall person - only about 5 foot lol! (I'm petite :blush:.) This happens sometimes when I am receiving insight or revelation from the Holy Spirit.

Many a times, as a mum with a small child, I will be hanging out washing or preparing a meal, and some words will start flowing into my heart and mind which I must quickly write down. Glory to God!! Sometimes I get 'words' like taking dictation, and other times a 'concept' which I then am able to translate into my own words. What a blessing!

Other times, I will go to write something and and then the Holy Spirit gives me words to write instead of and quite often nothing like what I was intending to say, and with it comes that peace which surpasses all understanding type of feeling - it's oh soooooo yummy LOL!

More recently, and more so since joining this forum, I'll be speaking with someone, and I can see words in the 'spirit' forming before my eyes which I can then speak to the person at the time. In the past, I would have to write them down first, but now I can just speak them - He has given me a promotion lol! With it comes a feeling of boldness and certainty that I do not have on my own just speaking in a normal conversation. He does it all!

I have even woken up in the morning hearing heavenly music, or a song with lyrics that answer a question or foretell of a future event. Glory to God!! There are numerous ways in which the Lord blesses us with His presence! I could go on but I have to go and serve lunch to my family lol.

I forgot to mention, that these experiences have come as a result of sharing a relationship with the Lord, and increased understanding of what is required of me in my journey of faith, and also a willingness to learn more. (There is soooooo much to learn!!). I feel so grateful to God for this new life in Christ that He has given me, and the opportunity to receive Salvation and much hope for a bright new future. I can honestly tell, I would not be where I am today without Him. He has helped me in ways that are miraculous. God is soooooo good! God bless...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Teclils

Apr 28, 2010
usa
✟7,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If physical manifestation is accompanied by spiritual awakening, I desire any kind of manifestation. I want to be physically lifted to the third heaven and hear forbidden words. I also want to be physically moved from one place to another like Philip while in Lord's service. The only experience I remember is seeing the glory of the Lord and trembling in fear of death. I just remembered one more, laboring prayer, overcome by grief, wrestling in agony, probably not the kind most believers would desire.

as long as it is from HIM I am all for it as well :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Pastor Russ

Mar 22, 2009
United States
✟7,681.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Just interested in what physical manifestations of the Holy Spirit you have experienced and how you feel these affected your relationship with God.

My main experience has been an inability to stand up due to the intensity of the presence of God. At first I was very susceptible, ironically I had previously been very skeptical! During these times God really dealt with me about the whole issue of complete surrender which is still an ongoing daily battle!

(I was going to post this in the main forum as I am interested in the experiences of some over there but I couldn't bear the possibility that people would argue and disagree over the validity of people's experiences!)

Some of the physical manifestations I have seen include: Laughing, singing, dancing, running, rolling, holy hush, exuberant praise, etc. I read where William Branham would get hit by the "LIGHTNINGS" of God- which are waves of anointing, and would dance, run, etc. Then the Lord told him to hold those anointings and he would be much more powerful in the healing ministry. There have been times where I experienced the same thing, and saw some wonderful moves of God.

Upvote 0

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lets see.

Slain in the Spirit
Speaking in Tongues
Drunk in the Spirit
Holy Laughter
The feeling of warm oil pouring over me starting at the top of my head and flowing down.

I am sure there is more, but that is all that comes to mind right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums