Lyons
✟8,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there! My name is Candi and I've had an experience the last two weeks during worship that I believe was a physical manifestation of the Holy Spirit! When someone comes to pray at the altar I begin to cry and it feels almost like someone else is crying for them through me. Then I extend my hand towards them to pray for them and then my entire body started trembling(shaking uncontrollably but not super noticeable to others besides me). The trembling lasted for about two hours! The only thing is that this has never happened to me so I got kind of worried when the shaking wouldn't stop! And then, I thought it could have been anxiety trying to creep back into my life, but I've been healed of that for 9 months and this only happened when I was worshipping! I am open to opinions! Thanks for listening!

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was a preacher that came to our Church when I lived in Spokane Wa... wow SO much power of God that night. There was a woman.. grandmother.. that prayed 4 hours a day. Well at that meeting.. hands raised.. I started to shake..really shake.. I still remember asking why? She said there us to be some called "shakers". I COULD see how some MIGHT speak against this.

Ask Him... to for just ONE Sunday or what ever day that is.. to not have it happen...because you want to make sure its the sweet sweet Holy Spirit.

And there is NO NONE fear in God...and for me again :) when did it happen? WHEN I was worshiping Him.. what are the OODs happen the same with you

Reactions: Candi Joyner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi there! My name is Candi and I've had an experience the last two weeks during worship that I believe was a physical manifestation of the Holy Spirit! When someone comes to pray at the altar I begin to cry and it feels almost like someone else is crying for them through me. Then I extend my hand towards them to pray for them and then my entire body started trembling(shaking uncontrollably but not super noticeable to others besides me). The trembling lasted for about two hours! The only thing is that this has never happened to me so I got kind of worried when the shaking wouldn't stop! And then, I thought it could have been anxiety trying to creep back into my life, but I've been healed of that for 9 months and this only happened when I was worshipping! I am open to opinions! Thanks for listening!

I experienced that shaking a couple of times back around 1990 after praying with extra chutzpah and boldness and it was a sign of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus and the Holy Spirit moving into my life in a new way.

That sort of thing was the phenomena after which teh Quaker denomination got its name. I feel that you are experiencing something very good and very powerful.

Reactions: Candi Joyner
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What happened to the person you extended your hand towards? Were they saved, healed, or set free from demons?

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There was a preacher that came to our Church when I lived in Spokane Wa... wow SO much power of God that night. There was a woman.. grandmother.. that prayed 4 hours a day. Well at that meeting.. hands raised.. I started to shake..really shake.. I still remember asking why? She said there us to be some called "shakers". I COULD see how some MIGHT speak against this.

Ask Him... to for just ONE Sunday or what ever day that is.. to not have it happen...because you want to make sure its the sweet sweet Holy Spirit.

And there is NO NONE fear in God...and for me again :) when did it happen? WHEN I was worshiping Him.. what are the OODs happen the same with you
If no one got saved, healed or set free from demons during the time of those manifestations, I sincerely wonder if the manifestation was actually from the Holy Spirit. If the manifestation remains in the soul and does not have a spiritual outcome in the form of people getting saved, healed, or set free from demons, then the manifestation remains soulish.

If one is looking for a sensual experience to increase their faith, then the devil is always there to give them one. True faith comes by hearing the preaching of God's Word.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I experienced that shaking a couple of times back around 1990 after praying with extra chutzpah and boldness and it was a sign of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus and the Holy Spirit moving into my life in a new way.

That sort of thing was the phenomena after which teh Quaker denomination got its name. I feel that you are experiencing something very good and very powerful.
How was your life changed as the result of that experience?

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How was your life changed as the result of that experience?

I asked for wisdom....... specifically the type of wisdom that could be used to make the future better because I had been taught to Watch World Events with the intention of knowing better how to pray. So in 1990 I was thirty one.... and I had been watching world events prayerfully for about eighteen years by then.......

I was soon led to discovery after discovery that made me feel compelled to at least campaign for public office in order to inform some people about what I had found out:

My 2006, my 2008 and my 2004 campaign writings by DennisTate.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I asked for wisdom....... specifically the type of wisdom that could be used to make the future better because I had been taught to Watch World Events with the intention of knowing better how to pray. So in 1990 I was thirty one.... and I had been watching world events prayerfully for about eighteen years by then.......

I was soon led to discovery after discovery that made me feel compelled to at least campaign for public office in order to inform some people about what I had found out:

My 2006, my 2008 and my 2004 campaign writings by DennisTate.
I say this respectfully, but would you not be exchanging God's government which involves the great commission to make disciples for Christ, for human government which has rules and regulations so that you may not be able to do the things you want? Human government is opposed to Christ, so if it becomes your master, which it will, then you will no longer be supporting God's government. You can't be in God's government and in human government at the same time, because, in spirit, they are opposed to each other.

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I say this respectfully, but would you not be exchanging God's government which involves the great commission to make disciples for Christ, for human government which has rules and regulations so that you may not be able to do the things you want? Human government is opposed to Christ, so if it becomes your master, which it will, then you will no longer be supporting God's government. You can't be in God's government and in human government at the same time, because, in spirit, they are opposed to each other.

I used to think the very same way but then the examples of Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah and Daniel got me thinking otherwise. The examples of King David, King Solomon and the government of each of the revivals of Judaism are also relevant.

The government of Zerubbabel, Queen Esther / Hadassah and her Uncle Mordecai and how they were used in government got me thinking as well. Even Isaiah 45
indicates that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus can take somebody by the right hand...... who does not even know their Creator hardly at all...... and use them to work out the plans of God for that time period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HRHPL

Feb 1, 2020
WINNIPEG
✟7,761.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Candi Joyner, I have two stories to share. I was at a conference once, a speaker at the front broke down and sobbed and some of us gathered around him praying for him as he was crouched on his knees and curled into a ball sobbing at the realization of his arrogance toward others. As we surrounded him and prayed I touched an area near his lower back and just prayed and sent love his way, asking God to comfort him. As i stood there with the fingers of my hand touching his lower back (others also rested their hands on him) I suddenly felt the same touch to my own back. I turned to see who was showing me such kindness, to thank them with a smile, and there was no one there. I concluded it could only be the Holy Spirit or an angel sent to comfort reassure me I was doing the right thing. The second experience, I was in a different sort of meeting when a speaker/pastor came to town. He said to the audience if you were feeling any unusual sensations of the Holy Spirit to come to the front. I wondered why my sister went up and others were jumping excitedly but I just stood there with my head down. I spoke to God asking how come they did but I didn't get a manifestation of the Spirit. Did I note rate? Then, as I stood, my upper body began to bow down. He Holy Spirit spoke to me in a way that would not freak me out. I felt myself bowing down in reverence to God. It was silent, and private. No one else could have known. It was a holy moment. Later that same evening in the meeting, as I stood on the side for people with a ministry, waiting for my own prayer of blessing from him, the pastor shouted out some words I did not understand, I believe they may have been in Hebrew, and my left knee began to shake, then stopped, only for my right knee to begin shaking. They alternated like this for several minutes. I had no clue what it meant but took it as a validation to continue in my ministry and renew my efforts in the direction of spreading the love God has shown in my life to others who have experienced similar losses to my own. To encourage others on their journey. After the weekend seminar, I was moved to turn to music as an outlet for spreading the love of God.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,066.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe there can be manifestations without us knowing the results.

At a large church conference , suddenly I began to laugh. No one had said anything funny. No one else was laughing. I was puzzled. I know I didnt start it. Just as puzzling, I knew when it was to stop and I did. Never heard of laughing in church. When I got home, researched it and started reading all the criticisms with some saying it was demonic. NOPE it was not.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRHPL
Upvote 0

HRHPL

Feb 1, 2020
WINNIPEG
✟7,761.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe there can be manifestations without us knowing the results. At a conference , suddenly I began to laugh. No one had said anything funny. No one else was laughing. I was puzzled. I know I didnt start it. Just as puzzling, I knew when it was to stop and I did. When I got home, researched it and started reading all the criticisms with some saying it was demonic. NOPE it was not.
tturt, before I went to a conference I had spent the day at home praying and praying. In the end I sensed I was blocked from the heavenly throne room, like there was a heavy steel vault between me and God, preventing my entrance. At the conference, the speaker blessed each person at the front and by-passed me. I wondered why but just waited. He returned, looked at me and leaned into me shouting something in another language, no idea what, I'm not sure if he struck my left hip or tapped it or what, but I was stricken down to the floor, and writhed and struggled, and cried for at least 2 minutes if not longer. It felt like an eternity anyway. Then a sense of calm and peace came over me such as never before. As I lay on the floor, I felt I could see high up into heaven. I sensed a heavenly light. I had such a sense of joy for many days afterward. It was a real heavenly high that stayed with me for about a week. Pure joy. Oddly, no one came to talk to me about it, but the pastor's wife did sit by my side. I told her I thought I was over all that already. It was like every sadness and pain I had had come pouring out in that one moment. When I thought back, early on, before the service, I was working for the first time on sound, and the speaker was pacing at the back of the room where I was working and we connected visually and said hello. In hindsight, it seemed he had this look on his face like, "I know something you don't know." Some of these pastors/preachers are so close to the spirit realm they can see our lack or our needs, even without us speaking it. This I wholeheartedly believe. Just like a parent can see a need in a child but sometimes just needs to stand back and pray and wait.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0