✟8,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone
I was just curios about certain people that claim they are gifted and therefore can tell current issues or the future?
I had a girlfriend that left me because 3 different "phsychics" told her I was going to take advantage of her and that she shouldn't be with me and also other things that were very accurate I really loved her and I really didn't see myself doing that to her as she was everything to me and all I wanted was to succeed along side her.
I always told her to stay close to god and have faith on him I even used to take her to church and pray together for better times. so I was wondering if there's people that are really gifted that claim they got it from god?

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's major differences between psychics and Godly prophets or prophecies including The Source of the information and the purpose. Everything Yahweh does has a purpose.

"Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the self same Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will." I Cor 12 "And he gave some, apostles, and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;" Eph 4:11

"Despise not prophesyings." "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21

How do we prove all things? Foremost, we have Holy Scripture, The Holy Spirit, prayer, spiritual discernment, hearing God's voice and He can give confirmation (Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1).

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Despise not prophesyings." "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21

How do we prove all things?
1 Cor 14.29
Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others [other prophets] pass judgment.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone
I was just curios about certain people that claim they are gifted and therefore can tell current issues or the future?
I had a girlfriend that left me because 3 different "phsychics" told her I was going to take advantage of her and that she shouldn't be with me and also other things that were very accurate I really loved her and I really didn't see myself doing that to her as she was everything to me and all I wanted was to succeed along side her.
I always told her to stay close to god and have faith on him I even used to take her to church and pray together for better times. so I was wondering if there's people that are really gifted that claim they got it from god?
Nothing like that is mentioned in the New Testament, so, if it ain't there, it ain't true.

Upvote 0

Skitnik

Jun 4, 2018
WA
✟17,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have seen massively famous false prophets. (Pat Roberson come to mind) and local flakes prophesying falsehood proving to be absolutely wrong a week later but I also knew an average middle age woman giving prophesies accurate to a word decades later.

Just like back in Old Testament days there are many, many, maybe hundreds of fakes for one true prophet.

Examine gifts by their results as always.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hello everyone
Association ongoing with anyone who trusts astrologers or psychics is warned against in Scripture. (There's a lot more also, but that is close to the most important)...
Also remember as written in the Bible:
"Bad company" ruins good morals, and "what fellowship has light with darkness", and so on. God does not play around with the rules nor give them lightly - He is serious.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's major differences between psychics and Godly prophets
If you want to know the future the devil has for you then go to a psychic. If you want to know the future that God has for you then go to a prophet or a man of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums