South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is the phrase "busting (H) wide open" a Baptist saying? It means that become of unrepentant, they will be severely punished for their misdeeds, to put it mildly. It may go beyond that. Unrepentant people who do terrible things like start fights, disrespect their parents, hurt children, or desecrating or starting or making trouble within church grounds would be examples. It is a cultural statement just like the sentence, "The biggest devils go to church." That refers to professing Christians who are unrepentant and continue to be unrepentant and hypocritical. I believe that that is a statement that many in the Black American community make about unrepentant sinners. Anyways, are these also just Baptist sayings? Say if there was violence or people singing secular songs with curse words and name calling or dancing provocatively, what were to happen to the people in those churches, that is if Jesus were to come back before the Tribulation? My point is the church is like a hospital. Jesus came to save sinners. Anyways, we all need to be healed but those who are unrepentant seem to not care about being unrepentant. Some are even prideful and arrogant. I believe that the Lord forgives ALL who repent. My other question is, will all unrepentant sinners be judged the same way and go to the same "place" or will unbelievers be judged and that there are different levels of (H) according to their works. Does God REALLY views some sins worse than others? Will God REALLY judge some of the unrepentant differently than others and where in the Bible will I find this?

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
(Luk 12:47) And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

(Luk 12:48) But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

There are degrees of punishment in the eternal torment waiting on unbelieving rebels. The Lord says that it shall be more tolerable for Sodom in the day of judgment than for those cities that rejected Him.

But to answer your questions about the sayings I have heard them many times in Baptist churches but usually spoken by men who are older.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus says goats are on the left, sheep are on the right.
Also there are wheat and tares.

There is a difference between the saved and unsaved and yes, some of the unsaved do go to churches. The tares are weeds amongst the wheat and the enemy has sowed them. We cant pull them all out we have to leave that with God who knows the difference.

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Phrases used to describe unrepentant churchgoers"?

Carnal Christian heresy...

You know. I have wondered if that were true or if that was a heresy.

I wasn't try to be judgmental (in a hypocritical, non-Christian way), but I also believe in another "cultural" yet true statement. I also believe that a "little" sin can take one to hell. However, there is no such thing as a little sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont think baptists really have their own sayings that are different from what the bible says.

Unlike anglicans who have terms like layperson, clergy, vicar, parson, parish, sacred etc for the in group and secular for the outgroup
Or seeker friendly churches calling people 'unchurched'

The most baptists would refer to people who dont know God as 'lost' or prodigals.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0