Php 3:7,8 The Value of Knowing Christ

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
The Value of Knowing Christ

Php 3:7,8 But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ

A person's faith is revealed by his valuables. Or as Jesus put it, "where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Luke 12:34 Remember the parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl of Great Price, how in each case when the kingdom was found, all else was reckoned expendable. There are those who place value on their race, ethnic background, or heritage. But when they become a Christian these are reckoned as rubbish in comparison to knowing Christ. They may place value upon their family, their wife and children, but Jesus said, "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me" Mt 10:37 Or they may place value in their stuff, their property, their money, or their success, status or dignity. But when a person comes to Christ with saving faith, these are reckoned as mere shadows, as vanity in comparison to knowing Christ.

Does that reflect your values? Or is knowing Christ just one of many things which you equally value?