Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello SZ.

Without the evidence, the initial evidence to support a claim, then magic is everywhere.

Nope, that is a ridiculous statement. If you don't have evidence for why a door slammed do you assume that it is magic? If you don't have evidence for why a tree fell in the forest do you assume magic?

You assume magic and then try to claim that others have the same sin. That is simply not the case.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello SZ.

Thanks for your interest.
The first life form would have been very simple, neither plant nor "animal".
Is this creative writing or is this an exact science. What life form is ever a simple life form? I hope your not claiming that animals are derived from trees?
It would probably have lived off of the chemicals that come from "hot smokers" or some other natural source.
Obviously SZ, the first life form detected and absorbed some nutrient. The question is why some set of chemicals formed a cell, detected nutrient, absorbed nutrient, reproduced. That's a lot of work for a simple cellular life form?
Then you accept the theory of evolution. I guess that is progress of a sort.
I reject the evolutionary tale of the whale, hence, the claim of evolutionary theory is also rejected.
Why? We know that once life was here that it evolved.
The question is, how did life begin, not whether a dog is related to a grey wolf.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello SZ.

Thanks for your interest.

Is this creative writing or is this an exact science. What life form is ever a simple life form? I hope your not claiming that animals are derived from trees?

Obviously SZ, the first life form detected and absorbed some nutrient. The question is why some set of chemicals formed a cell, detected nutrient, absorbed nutrient, reproduced. That's a lot of work for a simple cellular life form?

You are merely trying to use an argument from incredulity. If you want evidence for your God you will have to look for it elsewhere.

I reject the evolutionary tale of the whale, hence, the claim of evolutionary theory is also rejected.

Then you should be working on your basic science. You are not ready for abiogenesis. Trying to argue abiogenesis is merely moving the goalposts and is in effect an admission that evolution occurred.

The question is, how did life begin, not whether a dog is related to a grey wolf.

If you want to discuss abiogenesis you need to do the honest thing and admit to the fact of evolution. Otherwise there is no point in trying to help you with this concept.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nope, that is a ridiculous statement. If you don't have evidence for why a door slammed do you assume that it is magic? If you don't have evidence for why a tree fell in the forest do you assume magic?

You assume magic and then try to claim that others have the same sin. That is simply not the case.
Hello SZ.

There are more than a trillion stars in the sky, each one as big as our sun, each is immense. Do you really believe that you can wind the clock back. Compress a trillion stars into a dimension smaller than a ping pong ball? That is pure science fiction, a story far beyond the realm of magic, an incomprehensible explanation, an outrageous claim.

You sit there and object, that because you do not have the first term in the evolutionary series. You can imagine the first term you believe, so what was it's origin? From the earth, from a planetismal, perhaps from a meterorite? Surely you cannot rule out an alien spaceship either. You want this evidence but you do not have it, SZ.

The evidence is not available and the answer to the origin of life on this planet, is in the end a great mystery.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Bible is just "paper" and has been shown to be wrong in many different ways. But then you know that.
Hello SZ.

One day your going to find out for yourself, be patient my friend.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible is just "paper" ...
The pen is mightier than the sword; but the Bible is both.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello SZ.

There are more than a trillion stars in the sky, each one as big as our sun, each is immense. Do you really believe that you can wind the clock back. Compress a trillion stars into a dimension smaller than a ping pong ball? That is pure science fiction, a story far beyond the realm of magic, an incomprehensible explanation, an outrageous claim.

Why not? And no, actually science breaks down long before we get to the ping pong ball stage. You are merely conflating your lack of knowledge with magic.

You sit there and object, that because you do not have the first term in the evolutionary series. You can imagine the first term you believe, so what was it's origin? From the earth, from a planetismal, perhaps from a meterorite? Surely you cannot rule out an alien spaceship either. You want this evidence but you do not have it, SZ.

Once again, the "first term" is not needed. We know that life evolved whether the source of it was natural or magic. Moving the goalposts to abiogenesis is admitting that evolution is correct. It was an error on your part to take this tack.

The evidence is not available and the answer to the origin of life on this planet, is in the end a great mystery.

Not necessarily. Right now it is unknown, that does not mean that will always be the case. Many of the problems of abiogenesis have been answered. The rest may be answered in your lifetime. Of course you will probably deny reality to the end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The pen is mightier than the sword; but the Bible is both.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

You can't effectively defend the Bible with the Bible. You need an outside source. You are merely angry because you can't find support for your beliefs.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello SZ.

Here is an outside source for the ten plagues in Egypt. You

will need to read the entire article, it may take two or three minutes.

www.livescience.com/4846-eruption-thera-changed-world.html

Not really. It merely said "may". The problem is that you really should be able to find Egyptian records of such plagues. It also said:

"The eruption has also been loosely linked with the Biblical story of Moses and the exodus from Egypt. The effects of Thera's eruption could have explained many of the plagues described in the Old Testament, including the days of darkness and of the rivers, according to some theories."

Please note when they say "theories" they do not mean scientific theories in this case. At best they are untested hypotheses. That is not strong evidence at all. There is much stronger evidence that the Exodus never happened.

And why bring up this non-sequitur anyway?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can't effectively defend the Bible with the Bible.
Then I'll die with It in my heart.

God's people through the ages have been martyred for refusing to believe what you believe.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not really. It merely said "may". The problem is that you really should be able to find Egyptian records of such plagues. It also said:

"The eruption has also been loosely linked with the Biblical story of Moses and the exodus from Egypt. The effects of Thera's eruption could have explained many of the plagues described in the Old Testament, including the days of darkness and of the rivers, according to some theories."

Please note when they say "theories" they do not mean scientific theories in this case. At best they are untested hypotheses. That is not strong evidence at all. There is much stronger evidence that the Exodus never happened.

And why bring up this non-sequitur anyway?
Hello SZ.

The account in Exodus is simply the history of the nation of Israel. You can of course reject the history of another country, I would not do that myself.

I saw a documentary last week on this topic. The speakers in the documentary were not Christians, it was a scientific documentary about the eruption of Thera. The eruption of Thera was dated at 1316 +/- 10 years, apparently they found a tree in the ash layers, which gave them a very precise date.

So the ten plagues of Egypt may not be as mythical as once thought, but could very well be an accurate account. I never knew that the timing of the eruption of Thera, was dated to the fourteenth century BC. I had never connected these two events together, but the date above fits in with the timing of the Exodus account. Very interesting for me anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

God's people through the ages have been martyred for refusing to believe what you believe.
Hello AV1611VET.

Scientists have fallen foul of the church and suffered also, especially during the inquisitions.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello SZ.

You may need to think this through.
Egypt is not going to record a loss, Egypt will record it's military victories. You will find volumes of history written about the second world war in British libraries. You may find a lack of information regarding the second world war in Japanese libraries. Unfortunate but true, human nature boasts about success but covers up failings.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

That's fine, but just like many of the stories of the Bible so is the claim of martyrdom. Yes, there were some, but no more so than any other religion.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello SZ.

You may need to think this through.

Egypt is not going to record a loss, Egypt will record it's military victories. You will find volumes of history written about the second world war in British libraries. You may find a lack of information regarding the second world war in Japanese libraries. Unfortunate but true, human nature boasts about success but covers up failings.

Why not? That sounds like a rather false claim. You need a lot more than a mere weak maybe to have even plausible evidence.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scientists have fallen foul of the church and suffered also, especially during the inquisitions.
Yes, indeed.

There was a time when scientists walked with God.

But after Isaac Newton, the scientists that love God started to decline.

Upvote 0