• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Photos Emerge Of National Guard Living In Parking Garage In Democrat-Run D.C.: ‘We Feel Incredibly B

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by JimR-OCDS, Jan 22, 2021.

1. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+1,835
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+2,126
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  3. JimR-OCDS

+1,835
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    I hear ya!

I remember being woken up while sleeping in my foxhole in Japan, when a tank let off a 90mm assimilation round. :D

4. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,124
    Christian
    Married
    They could have housed most of them in the Trump hotels, I hear those places have plenty of room.
    tulc(just a thought)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Arc F1

+2,126
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    A well lit safe parking lot would have definitely been a step up.

6. JimR-OCDS

+1,835
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    It's pretty much what we had during riot control in Okinawa.

Although most of the time the Army or Airforce gave us empty barracks, opps I mean dormitories to sleep in. :D

7. Rene Loup

Rene Loup Saved Wolf Among Sheep

+402
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    While reading the headline, I was actually wondering, "When serving in the military, can anyone really afford to be picky with sleep conditions?"

Military service is certainly not my kind of lifestyle. I really enjoy my bed. If I lived during the Second World War, I would much rather be the kind of person doing research and development for the war effort, than to be in the actual trenches fighting the war.

8. Arc F1

+2,126
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I think the real issue is that nobody made any plans for afterwards. They rushed to bring in the military and then just left them hanging. People get agitated when they just stand around not knowing what's going on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+1,623
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    • List
  10. Rene Loup

+402
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    It is really interesting you mention that. Recently, I watched part of a testimony coming from a Vietnam War veteran. The veteran spoke about the actual military service being pretty much nothing like what the propaganda videos implied at the time.[1]

While doing dishes afterwards, I had this thought: If our countries have to rely on a "Buyer Beware" sort of policy, it is only going to discourage people from enlisting in the first place. Governments relying on propaganda inside of a country promoting free speech, let alone with access to the internet, is NEVER a good idea. Basically, they will reap what they sow, if they have not already.[2]

1. YouTube.com/David Hoffman - Magnificent Storyteller Soldier Reveals What He Saw In Vietnam
    2. Gal. 6:6-10, Luke 16:1-15, Prov. 18:21

11. Arc F1

+2,126
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Nobody wants to put their life on the line for a politician. Before we sign up we all believe we are protecting our country. Reality soon sets in and you realize it isn't true. We fight for the rich and we fight for oil.

12. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+1,661
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    That's pretty much what I assumed. This was thrown together and probably no one was really coordinating everything. As a Project Manager, this is known as "releasing resources" as part of the close of the project.

Formally release resources from the project, including suppliers, contractors, team members, and any other partners. Notify them of the end of the project, confirm any final payments or obligations, and officially release them so they are free to work on other projects.

13. Arc F1

+2,126
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Failure to prepare.

14. Arc F1

+2,126
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  15. Rene Loup

+402
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    If our countries ever go to war with each other, let's solve it by getting our country's leaders to duke it out inside of a boxing ring. Better to lead by example, right? :p

Have to warn you though, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau does have some mixed martial arts experience.[1][2] :p

1. Move over Putin: Trudeau most athletic world leader? - CNN
    2. YouTube.com/ La PlantB - Justin Trudeau vs Patrick Brazeau Le combat de boxe

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+1,661
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Personally, I like Robert Heinlein's method for war. Only people that are eligible for military service vote for war. If it is passed by majority, everyone who voted yes is required to sign up for service for the duration.

17. Rene Loup

+402
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    A major downside of democracy is an educated man's vote having the same weight as the vote of the village idiot or the town drunk. Like any worldly system, one has to take the bad with the good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. tulc

+18,124
    Christian
    Married
    I thought the comment was very much in line with the thread, some people thought housing the Marines in a parking garage was bad and since Washington was pretty much shut down because of worries over possible violence at the inauguration I suspected the Trump hotel (because I believe it's quite near the Capitol) would be pretty much empty. what better place to have troops who are there to provide security catch some sleep and a hot meal?
    tulc(just a thought)

19. tulc

+18,124
    Christian
    Married
    Starship Trooper! Great book!
    tulc(raising a cup of coffee in GreekOrthodox's honor for working a Heinlein reference into a thread!) ;)

20. JimR-OCDS

+1,835
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    It was reported on the local Boston news channel that the Guard Troops were ordered out of the Capital Building and area and had no other housing to go to other than the parking garage.

Governors of New Hampshire and I believe Florida have ordered their guards home because of this disrespect they were shown.