• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Photography (Weddings) Business and Homosexual Agenda

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Monksailor, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Monksailor

Monksailor Member Supporter

+45
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My daughter recently established a Photography business. She has worked with another person in this business for about a year. Before that it has been her plans to eventually have her own business. She is a devout Christian who understands God's Word to say that homosexuality is not an acceptable lifestyle but rather a sinful one as many other things are. She believes in loving the sinner but NOT their sin including not accepting it. I am concerned for her as it is obvious how the LGtB group seeks out opportunities to attack Christian businesses which they can trap the owners into saying things of which they attempt to further their agenda in courts and destroy the business. She needs the money for the family. Any EXPERIENCED advice about how to respond to these people to avoid misery? Our area is Muskegon Michigan.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldly! Supporter

+13,446
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Start with prayer.

Yes I'm serious.

3. Monksailor

+45
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, always a good idea. Thanks, but there has to be counter-strategies for this specific type who would "seek those of whom they would devour." Any out there who is familiar with how they work and what to say or not say?

4. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+3,906
    Christian
    Be professional and take pictures. How does it hurt her witness to be kind and do business with people who are not Christians? Nobody is asking the photographer what she believes or doesn't believe. Taking a picture of a frog is simply taking pictures of a frog...it doesn't require a judgement call. Taking pictures of an event doesn't mean that you approve, only that you are taking pictures at an event. Honor God by doing the best job possible. And then go home and pray for the people in private.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. redleghunter

+13,446
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The SCOTUS will hear the master cake case soon. That will probably be a landmark decision like Roe v Wade.

6. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!

+142
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Would she have a problem taking photos for a pair of atheists? What about a couple that had been "living in sin" before their ceremony? Or adulterers? Or anyone else whose relationship is in any way sinful or whose lifestyle she disagrees with? If not, then why single out homosexuals? What makes their sin special such that they should be refused service?

And if so, perhaps wedding photography is the wrong business for her.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. redleghunter

+13,446
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Do all the other categories come into the photo shop and announce their sin an celebration of it?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. RocksInMyHead

+142
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    How does that make a difference? And yes, it is possible. For example, if the bride is pregnant prior to the wedding ceremony or they've chosen to have a civil ceremony.

9. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,275
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    What could she say that could get her sued? She could be sued for not doing or doing something that is against the law but not for something she says.

10. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,275
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    How would it be a sin to get married when one is pregnant? It seems to me that is what God would want to happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. RocksInMyHead

+142
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Is it not a sin to have sex outside of wedlock? Getting married may be the proper course of action, but that doesn't erase the sin.

Edit: for the record, these are not my personal positions. I'm just trying to figure out what makes the LGBT community so special that they should be refused service for their sins while others get a free pass.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  12. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+3,906
    Christian
    I am wondering where in the Bible it says to not do business or interact with non-Christian "sinners". How does not providing a service that you would provide for someone else allow you to show the love that Jesus is about?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. RocksInMyHead

+142
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Exactly.

14. michaelthiessen

michaelthiessen New Member

+5
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    C.S. Lewis talked about this idea that our Christianity in the marketplace should be "latent". By that, he means that we shouldn't be explicit about our faith, and have a "Christian" business that advertises (not necessarily). But in the way we go about our business and serve others, we implicitly point back to Christ.

This is not the only way to go about things, just one perspective.

However, not providing a service to them does not allow you to do this. It does not allow you to love them the way Christ would.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Monksailor

+45
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Much of what I read here is spoken in ignorance or just blindly and plainly attempting to defend homosexuality or erroneously making assumptions of what my daughter's response would be and/or totally ignorant of how aggressive the LGtb community is targeting Christian business owners.

Fact is: what I have stated about the LGtb group is in fact occurring. They have strategies in place to trap Christian business owners. There is no way they will engage a Christian without a prepared dialog to force the issue and get a statement from the business owner regarding their position relative to their sinful lifestyle. Whether a business owner is a Christian or not can be or should be quickly discerned from a quick search of their web site. Throughout the Bible we are admonished to take a stand for Christ, be courageous, be separate from and expose evil, and be not ashamed. In fact, in Rev 21, I believe, the cowardly are grouped with unbelievers, murderers, sexually immoral, and liars. So, if they ask, which they will, are you saying to lie or not take a stand/be a coward?

16. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+407
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    "I will check my date book" and then "I am unavailable for that date". She can cite personal reasons or a family reason. I much more agree with being a professional and just taking pictures, but if not there is her out. Perhaps she should only advertise to churches and Christian directories if she is not willing to take everyone's business. If you are going to advertise to everyone that you are interested in anyone's business then you have to be willing to accept the business of those that come to you in a professional manner. If not, then only advertise to the groups that you are willing to do business with.

17. RocksInMyHead

+142
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I see no one defending homosexuality. If we are ignorant, please enlighten us.

I make no assumptions. In fact, I asked questions in order to avoid doing so.

What can they do unless you refuse them service?

Legitimate question: can you give an example of a business owner who has been prosecuted/sued for simply saying that they are opposed to homosexuality? Every example I've seen has included refusal of service or inferior service - in other words, discrimination.

Why? Your religion has no bearing on your business unless you are a priest or a minister.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. michaelthiessen

michaelthiessen New Member

+5
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    What exactly is happening to your daughter's business? Is she being trapped by these groups? How are they doing this? I think I missed you explaining this part.

19. Cuddles333

Cuddles333 Well-Known Member

+114
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Just wait until the Muslim business start complaining about being sued by people they turn away because the woman customer was walking around in public without a covering over her head and face.

20. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+3,446
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    I would advise not giving details when turning down jobs. Just say your schedule is booked or you're not taking on new clients at this time. People are allowed to turn down jobs, they just can't state they are for discriminatory reasons. I have a friend who is a photographer - she agreed to do one wedding for personal friends, but otherwise she has turned down other weddings because she wants to avoid wedding drama and bridezillas.