Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Anyone have a recommendation for a photo flatbed scanner that can also copy negatives and slides? Dealing with sticker shock .Think Flatbed is what is needed
Wow, I've been out of that for probably ten years now if not longer. At that I scanned mostly medium format so the negatives were big. But todays flatbeds are double the resolution with much better dynamic range for 2/3 the price we paid. I would just go read reviews, join a photo forum and ask questions. I bet there is a fairly affordable option for you in a flatbed depending what you want to do with it. I mean we did reprints with less lol. 35mm film was a bit tough to print any size from but the scans themselves for screen viewing weren't bad. I'm sure it's better today. Prints have never been a problem to scan if the prints are decent. I've done many enlargements from print scans fwiw.... And those were lower res scanners than these days.

It can be kind of a hobby in itself really if you like that sort of thing and willing to put some time into learning......

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Appreciate your input. Thanks.
I wish I could say more, I was well versed in it in my time lol. Things have changed, I took a quick look at an Epson scanner and noticed the pertinent numbers seemed to be at least double what we used ( res alone is 6000x 9000dpi or so in the unit I looked at, we used 3200 for instance). Maybe watch some of the videos on the Epson Perfection V600. See what you think about that one. There are a few good review articles out there too if you prefer reading. We used the Epson 3200, I'm reasonably sure things have only improved since then, heck I no sooner bought it and there was a better model out !.

With prints there is also something to said in photographing them with today's high res digital cameras, that was just coming in when I got out..

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status