• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Phill Keaggy and 70's Jesus music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Eftsoon, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Eftsoon

Eftsoon Well-Known Member

+474
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    The 70s was a good decade for Christian music. There were tons of really interesting and creative bands who made massive waves in the charts. Phill Keaggy has some absolutely gorgeous tunes which draw on the Christian tradition. I can't speak to whether it's all theologically sound, but here's a sample.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Palmfever

Palmfever Well-Known Member Supporter

+319
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    He is an excellent guitar player. I liked, 'little ones.' On the topic of abortion.
    Little Ones

3. Eftsoon

+474
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Yep, I love his harmonies too. Sadly neglected today. I had never heard of him until quite recently. I've been searching high and low for musicians like him!

4. Eftsoon

+474
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single

Check this out. Very very nice indeed. The guy has serious chops, some of the most skilful looping i've seen...ever
    The guy is detuning his guitar playing guitar, playing bass, playing percussion. It's unreal. He turns his guitar into an orchestra. Lol and then he starts amplifying harmonies and playing hand percussion through the guitar XD

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  5. Palmfever

Palmfever Well-Known Member Supporter

+319
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Larry Norman was one of the original pioneers of early Christian Rock. This one isn't so rocky, more of a ballad. The great American novel
    Christian music legend Larry Norman died Sunday of heart failure, according to his brother Charles Norman. He was 60.

Norman, a blonde, long-haired rocker who is often called the father of Christian rock music, was a giant in the Christian music industry, said Chris Willman, senior music writer for Entertainment Weekly.

"His influence outweighed his sales so much that it's comical," Willman said. "He certainly had a heart for evangelism — almost to his detriment, I might say. He really could've been a star if he were singing about something other than Jesus."

Norman's 1972 Only Visiting This Planet album is regarded as one of the top contemporary Christian music albums of all time. His many hits were at the cutting edge, said Larry Eskridge, associate director of the Institute for the Study of American Evangelicals at Wheaton College.

"The song 'Why Should the Devil Have All the Good Music?' was one of his enduring trumpet blasts against the stodgy, old Christian establishment," Eskridge said. "'I Wish We'd All Been Ready' fit with the end times, apocalyptic feel that was in the air at the time."

"I Wish We'd All Been Ready" was also featured in the 1972 end times film A Thief in the Night. In concerts, the singer gave his trademark "One Way" gesture, pointing an index finger toward heaven.

6. Pioneer3mm

Pioneer3mm Well-Known Member Supporter

+676
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus Movement...in 1970's.
    - The Move of God/Revival..among young people.
    - In United States & beyond..
    ---
    Jesus Music..during the Movement.
    - Pioneering days of Contemporary Christian Music.
    ---
    My spiritual journey started in 1970's.
    ---
    Many memories of those days..