London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The 70s was a good decade for Christian music. There were tons of really interesting and creative bands who made massive waves in the charts. Phill Keaggy has some absolutely gorgeous tunes which draw on the Christian tradition. I can't speak to whether it's all theologically sound, but here's a sample.

Reactions: public hermit

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is an excellent guitar player. I liked, 'little ones.' On the topic of abortion.
Little Ones

Yep, I love his harmonies too. Sadly neglected today. I had never heard of him until quite recently. I've been searching high and low for musicians like him!

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Check this out. Very very nice indeed. The guy has serious chops, some of the most skilful looping i've seen...ever
The guy is detuning his guitar playing guitar, playing bass, playing percussion. It's unreal. He turns his guitar into an orchestra. Lol and then he starts amplifying harmonies and playing hand percussion through the guitar XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟151,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Larry Norman was one of the original pioneers of early Christian Rock. This one isn't so rocky, more of a ballad. The great American novel
Christian music legend Larry Norman died Sunday of heart failure, according to his brother Charles Norman. He was 60.

Norman, a blonde, long-haired rocker who is often called the father of Christian rock music, was a giant in the Christian music industry, said Chris Willman, senior music writer for Entertainment Weekly.

"His influence outweighed his sales so much that it's comical," Willman said. "He certainly had a heart for evangelism — almost to his detriment, I might say. He really could've been a star if he were singing about something other than Jesus."

Norman's 1972 Only Visiting This Planet album is regarded as one of the top contemporary Christian music albums of all time. His many hits were at the cutting edge, said Larry Eskridge, associate director of the Institute for the Study of American Evangelicals at Wheaton College.

"The song 'Why Should the Devil Have All the Good Music?' was one of his enduring trumpet blasts against the stodgy, old Christian establishment," Eskridge said. "'I Wish We'd All Been Ready' fit with the end times, apocalyptic feel that was in the air at the time."

"I Wish We'd All Been Ready" was also featured in the 1972 end times film A Thief in the Night. In concerts, the singer gave his trademark "One Way" gesture, pointing an index finger toward heaven.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟548,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Movement...in 1970's.
- The Move of God/Revival..among young people.
- In United States & beyond..
---
Jesus Music..during the Movement.
- Pioneering days of Contemporary Christian Music.
---
My spiritual journey started in 1970's.
---
Many memories of those days..

Upvote 0