United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Philippians 4:7 (NKJV)
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

In 2016, I was actually writing a book on Peace that I found. Basically this book is about finding peace through trials in my life, when I had a minor stroke about midway through writing this book. I can remember that day when it happened almost 3 years ago as if it were yesterday. A lot of fear came out in my very disorganized and totally random thoughts and I could not even speak for about 2 days. My balance was also problematic, but as a somewhat active 65 year old man, most of the balance problems have gone away.

I went to a Neurosurgeon and he of course ordered an MRI which showed 3 dead spots. The encouraging thing he told me was that the brain can reroute itself. I think though his words, was when I first found a glimmer of hope that I would get better and my brain could function normally. Found the true Hope of course in Christ with very basic and simple prayer of "Lord help me"

I got better in my though process after a couple of months and even went back to my job as a Heavy Equipment Operator. Blessedly I was a few months short of retirement age where one can get full SS, so then I formally retired and have found so many ways in which I volunteer.

I finished my book but then I am still learning about this Peace. A few months ago, I realized a deeper meaning to that verse. You see Christ was guarding my heart and particularly my mind through this whole process---and particularly when I read and Study His Word daily for a few hours and kept my thoughts on the things in Verse 8 of Philippians. I like to think I am recharging my spiritual batteries daily.

I have since written another book on Peace and the reason I want to share my experience, is to relate that our hearts and especially our minds will be guarded by Christ---whether one has a stroke or not. You fill your mind up with worldly things and of course your mind is losing that "guarding" over time, which of course can affect the heart.

Such a simple and very basic lesson I learned and as Verse 4 says in the same passage, I can Rejoice in my stroke

Last edited:

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for this post and I thoroughly agree with you.
I am finding more than ever before just how important it is for us to have our mind filled with Godly thoughts and scripture as the world tries to encroach in all areas of our lives like never before.
Philippians 4:8 has really driven it home to me.

Upvote 0

imMD

Jun 18, 2019
California
✟17,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 4:7 (NKJV)
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

In 2016, I was actually writing a book on Peace that I found. Basically this book is about finding peace through trials in my life, when I had a minor stroke about midway through writing this book. I can remember that day when it happened almost 3 years ago as if it were yesterday. A lot of fear came out in my very disorganized and totally random thoughts and I could not even speak for about 2 days. My balance was also problematic, but as a somewhat active 65 year old man, most of the balance problems have gone away.

I went to a Neurosurgeon and he of course ordered an MRI which showed 3 dead spots. The encouraging thing he told me was that the brain can reroute itself. I think though his words, was when I first found a glimmer of hope that I would get better and my brain could function normally. Found the true Hope of course in Christ with very basic and simple prayer of "Lord help me"

I got better in my though process after a couple of months and even went back to my job as a Heavy Equipment Operator. Blessedly I was a few months short of retirement age where one can get full SS, so then I formally retired and have found so many ways in which I volunteer.

I finished my book but then I am still learning about this Peace. A few months ago, I realized a deeper meaning to that verse. You see Christ was guarding my heart and particularly my mind through this whole process---and particularly when I read and Study His Word daily for a few hours and kept my thoughts on the things in Verse 8 of Philippians. I like to think I am recharging my spiritual batteries daily.

I have since written another book on Peace and the reason I want to share my experience, is to relate that our hearts and especially our minds will be guarded by Christ---whether one has a stroke or not. You fill your mind up with worldly things and of course your mind is losing that "guarding" over time, which of course can affect the heart.

Such a simple and very basic lesson I learned and as Verse 4 says in the same passage, I can Rejoice in my stroke
Isn't it amazing how these sorts of things the world calls tragedy can bring us into God's peace and love?

"You shall keep him in perfect peace, who's mind is anchored on You." Isaiah I think.

What a great testimony!

I think that when we find ourselves so completely weakened by these things we find what true reliance on God is. But learning dependance only opens the door to receive from Him by faith, and we find it's true, He really Does keep us in incomprehensible peace.

Much love!
Mark

Upvote 0