Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
"Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing." (source)

Reactions: Rick Otto

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
"Today we live in a society in which spurious realities..with pseudo-realities..universes of the mind. I ought to know, I do the same thing."

Not only did Dick create interesting, entertaining pseudo-realities for his audience.. I think he may have unfortunately created one in his own mind.
He wrote a lot in his early short stories about non-linear time travel. Then remember, later in his life (following years of self abuse & anxiety), Dick believed ancient Rome had been superimposed over his contemporary existence. Interesting, insightful mind, that experienced powerful & tragic episodes (?)

Upvote 0