loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Philadelphia's Top Prosecutor Is Prepared to Arrest Federal Agents
After numerous reports and lawsuits in Portland regarding un-badged and un-uniformed federal officers arresting, beating, and detaining people in unmarked vehicles, the Trump administration’s response is that they’re going to do it even more, and in more cities. Saying that his federal agents are doing a “fantastic job,” Trump has suggested that he will also deploy agents in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, Baltimore and Milwaukee to do the same.

In one of those cities, the city prosecutor has already preemptively warned Trump’s police forces what he will do if they bring the same tactics to Philadelphia:
tulc(got another cup of coffee) :oldthumbsup:

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I say to the prosecutor, good luck with that.
The problem is, the Philadelphia prosecutor has people who have his back, while the feds have President Trump and anyone who's been awake during the last 3 years knows, he has no problem throwing any one under the bus if there's any push back at all. so the people who are going to need "the luck" are the feds and their goons, not the cities. :wave:
tulc(thinks this is going to be pretty interesting to watch)

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, you can think that. But a local prosecutor is going to have their hands full attempting to charge and convict, let alone hold, any federal agent fulfilling their duty. It is lawful for federal authorities to protect federal persons and properties without the consent of the local jurisdiction. The federal agents have more than the President they have the full force of their agencies, federal attorneys and federal courts which will typically come to a decision outside of the hysteria of the moment.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, you can think that. But a local prosecutor is going to have their hands full attempting to charge and convict, let alone hold, any federal agent fulfilling their duty. It is lawful for federal authorities to protect federal persons and properties without the consent of the local jurisdiction. The federal agents have more than the President they have the full force of their agencies, federal attorneys and federal courts which will typically come to a decision outside of the hysteria of the moment.
That's the beauty of the whole thing: fur this stunt to work (distract president Trump's base from the awful job he's doing) it has to be done quick and frankly, if they can't get the cities to go along with the whole charade it's going to turn into a gang fight between two rival police forces, and when that happens, even the people who don't how like how the cities they live in are run are going to suddenly start backing the very people they were complaining about mere days ago. Why? because no one likes having the feds come in and tell them what to do. Nothing will unite a city quite like suddenly having a common enemy. It may well be the one time in President Trumps administration that he brings unity to a lot of different places all at one time. And as an extra bonus? the minute any of his stormtroopers kill someone? (and they will) they will pretty much guarantee the House will be under even stronger Democrat control, President Trump will be a one term President and it'll probably cost the Republican Party the Senate. :wave:
tulc(it's going to be interesting watching this unfold)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's yet to be confirmed, but I heard there was a sighting of some unmarked truck pulling up beside Philly's top prosecutor, and he is now nowhere to be found. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's yet to be confirmed, but I heard there was a sighting of some unmarked truck pulling up beside Philly's top prosecutor, and he is now nowhere to be found.

Bagged body thrown out of the van in front of local newspaper office ?

Should make the next prosecutor to think twice.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is Trump really doing this? If yes, it is very much like Stalin.
How is it like Stalin? Do you not believe that the Federal Government has the right and responsibility to protect Federal personnel and assets?

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Federal agents do have the right to protect Federal property, but they cannot exceed their authority. Reports from Portland are that they aren’t wearing uniforms, that they are simply jumping out of unmarked vehicles and grabbing people. If so, then he should be prosecuting them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Federal agents do have the right to protect Federal property, but they cannot exceed their authority. Reports from Portland are that they aren’t wearing uniforms, that they are simply jumping out of unmarked vehicles and grabbing people. If so, then he should be prosecuting them.
Based on what you are saying what exactly is the law that you believe is being broken, just a clue uniforms and marked vehicles are not required under any laws. The agent simply needs to identify himself as a law enforcement officer.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Based on what you are saying what exactly is the law that you believe is being broken, just a clue uniforms and marked vehicles are not required under any laws. The agent simply needs to identify himself as a law enforcement officer.
According to reports out of Portland they are not doing that. If that is the case it is illegal. That was my point. Police can’t just stop and grab someone off the street.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Police cannot just stop and grab someone off the street.
Well that is not exactly true as I mentioned in my post, the officer needs a reasonable suspicion, that is all. The officer can stop and interview the suspect at any location and there is no time limitation on when that interview needs to be conducted. So I am saying that waiting until the individual is away from the crowd and then detaining and interviewing the individual is reasonable and legal. imho

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well that is not exactly true as I mentioned in my post, the officer needs a reasonable suspicion, that is all. The officer can stop and interview the suspect at any location and there is no time limitation on when that interview needs to be conducted. So I am saying that waiting until the individual is away from the crowd and then detaining and interviewing the individual is reasonable and legal. imho
Except the officer must identify himself or herself as being a police officer. They can’t just grab someone and throw them in a van. I keep saying that. I don’t know why you are ignoring what I’m writing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Police cannot just stop and grab someone off the street.
I explained exactly why they can, if you do not believe what I said do the research and find out what the law actually has to say.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Except the officer must identify himself or herself as being a police officer. They can’t just grab someone and throw them in a van. I keep saying that.
Yes I covered that in one of my posts. A uniform is not required a verbal notification is all that is required.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am wondering where are the defender of 2nd amendment today?

I believe 2nd amendment either be abolish or modified to reflect 21st century society. But as long as I remember 2nd amendment defender always argued “ if overzealous/ Tyrannical federal government comes and take away freedom of citizen , then they should have gun so they can stand up to Federal government”

Today un-welcomed Federal agent coming to cities near you and arresting people, but those who defend 2nd amendment so vigorously, they are absolutely silent. In most case they are defending Federal government.

So it seems like 2nd amendment only apply when federal government comes to take away “ White Men’s freedom”. Black or brown , for them constitution doesn’t give them right to bear arm.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.