Philadelphia Phillies To Host Gay Day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

silas

Child of the King
Jul 21, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
✟312.00
Faith
Christian
Another unsettling example of the world's willingness to condone sinful behavior.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34004

Silas

Jesuslives.gif

spinto

Jun 26, 2003
Texas
✟850.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
silas said:
Another unsettling example of the world's willingness to condone sinful behavior.

Silas

Jesuslives.gif

huh. Seems to me that Family Values is becoming synonymous with bigotry. However, as a homosexual, I think it's a bit much to have a GAY DAY of anything... I mean please... It would be weird to have a Straight day. If anything it would be wonderful to celebrate the differences of ALL PEOPLE.

I really think this Phillie Gay Day is just a clever PR's idea to get attention. And it worked.

Also, I find it offensive that anyone would say that homosexuality is DEFINED by the gay sex act--so said in the article. An abstinent homosexual is still a homosexual. A gay man who decides he wants to try sex with a woman is STILL a GAY MAN. So much for that definition.

Upvote 0
silas said:

Silas

<snip>
Very biased source. Maybe a link to the statement/news on the Phillies' site?

Remember Seperation of Church and State? Remember that there are billions of people in the world that do not agree to the alleged "fact" of "homosexuality being a sin."

Strictly scientifically speaking, it is not a "sin," nor is it a choice. As with other animals, some of us are born homosexual, some heterosexual, some bisexual, some transsexual, some hermaphrodites, etc.

Good for the Phillies' management, team, and fans.

Upvote 0

silas

Child of the King
Jul 21, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
✟312.00
Faith
Christian
Truncate said:
Remember Seperation of Church and State? Remember that there are billions of people in the world that do not agree to the alleged "fact" of "homosexuality being a sin."

Strictly scientifically speaking, it is not a "sin," nor is it a choice. As with other animals, some of us are born homosexual, some heterosexual, some bisexual, some transsexual, some hermaphrodites, etc.

Good for the Phillies' management, team, and fans.

Spinto said:
Also, I find it offensive that anyone would say that homosexuality is DEFINED by the gay sex act--so said in the article. An abstinent homosexual is still a homosexual. A gay man who decides he wants to try sex with a woman is STILL a GAY MAN. So much for that definition.

Truncate- I'm not real clear on some of your remarks. What does the article or argument have to do with the separation of Church & State? I do agree that, scientifically speaking, homosexuality isn't a sin. That's because science neither determines nor acknowledges sin. Sin entered the world through Adam & Eve and was clarified to man via the Word of God. Apart from God's Word man knows nothing of sin and those who remain separated from God generally refuse to acknowledge the existence of sin.

Spinto- The Bible explicitly says that the homosexual act is sinful. God ordained marriage as a union between man & woman and sex is an act designed to be shared by a married couple. Any sexual intercourse outside of marriage is sinful. Therefore, by definition homosexual activity is sin. If someone annouces that they're homosexual but never engages in homosexual activity then they are not guilty of that particular sin.

Silas

goldjesus.gif

Upvote 0
silas said:
Truncate- I'm not real clear on some of your remarks. What does the article or argument have to do with the separation of Church & State? I do agree that, scientifically speaking, homosexuality isn't a sin. That's because science neither determines nor acknowledges sin. Sin entered the world through Adam & Eve and was clarified to man via the Word of God. Apart from God's Word man knows nothing of sin and those who remain separated from God generally refuse to acknowledge the existence of sin.

<snip>
Seperation of Church and State is related to this, because no religious group can tell the government to outlaw "gay days" or celebratory days/parades for homosexuals.

About the "sin" part of your response, if "sin" is not found anywhere outside of the bible, then how is this secular "gay day" supporting or ignoring "sin"? They/we do not believe in "sin" (which was created in the bible and "solved" in the bible - solving a problem earlier writers created, basically), nor do we believe homosexuality is bad.

What about hermaphrodites, transsexuals, people born with no sex organs - are they being sinful just by being born that way?

Upvote 0

silas

Child of the King
Jul 21, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
✟312.00
Faith
Christian
Truncate said:
About the "sin" part of your response, if "sin" is not found anywhere outside of the bible, then how is this secular "gay day" supporting or ignoring "sin"? They/we do not believe in "sin" (which was created in the bible and "solved" in the bible - solving a problem earlier writers created, basically), nor do we believe homosexuality is bad.

What about hermaphrodites, transsexuals, people born with no sex organs - are they being sinful just by being born that way?

Truncate, you must realise that the refusal to acknowledge something does not obviate its existence. You might believe the concept of gravity is nonsense, but if you leap from a roof your disbelief won't alter the inevitable result.

God created this world and He's going to judge this world. Those who sin without repentance are going to suffer a fate too horrible to contemplate. Once we stand before the Throne of Judgement there'll be no "I'm sorry", "I didn't know", "Give me another chance" or "Help me please". That's why God wants you to know now. He loves you and He doesn't want you to suffer for eternity, but He gave you free will. It's your choice. I love you too and it would break my heart to think that someone I know will miss out on Heaven.

Eternity is a long time. God bless you.

Silas

goldredeemed.jpg

Upvote 0

Inspired

only hurts when I breathe
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sweetkitty said:
Read the article..it is NOT a parade..sigh

Fine a protest, a parade doesn't matter, they are both for the same reason, you say you don't want to see us out in public like we have no right to be there, then yea, we are going to make it a point to be there everytime you turn around.

Upvote 0

Volos

Jun 25, 2003
Michign
✟4,244.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted By: silas

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/a...RTICLE_ID=34004

From the above site:

"Families will take their children to Tuesday's baseball game for a good time, but instead they will be confronted with a 'Gay Community Day.' What type message is this giving the children attending?" asked Diane Gramley, director of the American Family Association of Pennsylvania”

Gee they might see that gays and lesbians look and act just like everyone else and that is the LAST thing these people would want children to see.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Inspired said:
Fine a protest, a parade doesn't matter, they are both for the same reason, you say you don't want to see us out in public like we have no right to be there, then yea, we are going to make it a point to be there everytime you turn around.

It's NOT a protest either....LOL
It's a gay day at a baseball field. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Volos said:
From the above site:

"Families will take their children to Tuesday's baseball game for a good time, but instead they will be confronted with a 'Gay Community Day.' What type message is this giving the children attending?" asked Diane Gramley, director of the American Family Association of Pennsylvania”

Gee they might see that gays and lesbians look and act just like everyone else and that is the LAST thing these people would want children to see.

Or if it's like gay day at Disney they could see a WHOLE LOT MORE...LOL
I mean homosexuals have pretty much proven that they have a problem not "acting out" in public :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Inspired said:
It's a protest, a peaceful one, and obviously it worked, you and several others got all riled up about it.

Riled up? Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not riled up at all. I don't let such things rile me :) God will take care of ALL things eventually.

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sweetkitty said:
Or if it's like gay day at Disney they could see a WHOLE LOT MORE...LOL
I mean homosexuals have pretty much proven that they have a problem not "acting out" in public :)

Christians burn crosses in peoples yards, and hang people because of their race.

See how that blanketed statement thing can get annyoing? Just because it may apply to some doesn't mean it applies to all.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Inspired said:
Christians burn crosses in peoples yards, and hang people because of their race.

See how that blanketed statement thing can get annyoing? Just because it may apply to some doesn't mean it applies to all.

Funny I haven't seen any news stories about Christians burning crosses
or hanging people..but I sure have seen a LOT of homosexual stories in the news lately.

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sweetkitty said:
Funny I haven't seen any news stories about Christians burning crosses
or hanging people..but I sure have seen a LOT of homosexual stories in the news lately.

You missed all the Stories about the KKK? How about the 4th Street Church boming in Birmingham, AL killed four little black girls.

"A bomb ripped through the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, which had been an organizing center for the Civil Rights struggle. In the rubble of the ruined church, four young girls were found dead: Cynthia Wesley, Addie Mae Collins, Denise McNair, and Carole Robertson, ages 11 to 14.

Officials in the police department, the FBI, and other government agencies knew this was the bloody handiwork of the Ku Klux Klan. For decades, the KKK had carried out all kinds of terror against Black people in Birmingham."

The point once again you can't judge an entire group on people based on the actions of some.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.