Phil Johnson On Trial

I don't know if this is a new article, or whether I have just overlooked it before, but it is an excellent critique of "Darwin on Trial" by Phil Johnson. At the same time, it is a pretty good critique of some of the familiar lines of argument frequently encountered right here on this board:

http://www.talkdesign.org/faqs/johnson.html

With special attention to our most recent Creationist's poster child,
Colin Patterson.

Enjoy!

Joe, I just came across this critique today. There may well be creationist rebuttals to it, but I can't say I've seen any. If I weren't broke, I would be interested to purchase and read Darwinism Defeated?.

In the words of the first Amazon reviewer, it is
a discussion between the darling of conservative Christianity, Phillip E. Johnson, and evangelical Christian Denis O. Lamoureux, commented by scientists on both side of the issue (Behe, Van Till, Denton, etc.).

Right now, I am so strapped for cash that I can't even think about making book purchases (and if I could, I would have a fairly long list to get to before this one).

Upvote 0

Joe V.

Rabbit Worshipper
May 21, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
✟15,615.00
Er, what about a library? They don't carry it?

And speaking of books, can you recommend any about how the cell works? After watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos series, I'm most curious to learn how DNA is actually translated, something he didn't cover too deeply. I did just get The Lives of a Cell from the library (well, my wife got it for me, she loooooves the library), but I don't know how much it will cover.

- Joe

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Joe V.
Er, what about a library? They don't carry it?

I'll let you know when I actually go inside one. This week I am on vacation and it will be my first opportunity, and my last, for a long, long, time. 

And speaking of books, can you recommend any about how the cell works? After watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos series, I'm most curious to learn how DNA is actually translated, something he didn't cover too deeply. I did just get The Lives of a Cell from the library (well, my wife got it for me, she loooooves the library), but I don't know how much it will cover.

Sorry, I can't recommend any. I haven't read one specifically devoted to that subject.  

Upvote 0