• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Pfizer vaccine still NOT fully approved by FDA

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Aldebaran, Aug 24, 2021.

1. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+7,022
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    But why can they sue for damages from the approved version? The PREP act doesn't limit protection from liability only to unapproved countermeasures.

2. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+28,249
    Agnostic
    Single
    Some of them seem more like "nuh-uh!"

...which is a thing to be expected, sadly.

3. ThisIsMe123

ThisIsMe123 This And That

+923
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I'm starting to think this is turning into a Red Herring argument.

4. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,429
    Non-Denom
    Single
    "The products are legally distinct with certain differences that do not impact safety or effectiveness…”

Since they won't tell us what those differences are, I guess we just have to take their word for it.

5. TLK Valentine

+28,249
    Agnostic
    Single
    It would be irresponsible for the FDA to give away Pfizer's trade secrets.

6. Pommer

Pommer CoPcEtiC SkEpTic Supporter

+5,141
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    While I do not know what the legal distinctions are, I’m guessing that the vaccine that had obtained the EUA will be covered by a different “adverse reaction” program than the fully licensed version under the brand name COMIRNATY as prescribed by law.

EDIT:
    Source, @Page 12

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  7. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,459
    Atheist
    Private
    I'm not a lawyer, but it sure reads to me like "heads up, the old stuff came in a different box".

8. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,429
    Non-Denom
    Single
    If someone manages to actually get the COMIRNATY branded shot, I'd love to hear about it. Rumor has it that it won't be available until 2023.

9. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+8,217
    Atheist
    Them being "legally distinct" allows the previous vaccine to be used with a liability waiver, while claiming they're "essentially the same" such that it has "full approval", while the one with full approval (Comirnaty) won't actually be administered at this point in time.

It's fully approved without actually being fully approved, and still using an Emergency Use Authorization. Win/win (well, for Pfizer, at least).

10. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,429
    Non-Denom
    Single
    When they play these kinds of games with wordings and definitions, it just further any suspicions people already had, and may even make those who were on board with the vaccine idea take a step back when it comes to getting a 3rd shot.

11. Pommer

+5,141
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Yes, this site covers “adverse effects” of the COVID19 vaccines distributed under the EUA.
    The license for the Comirnaty vaccine means it’s adverse effects cases will be handled (I think) by the usual
    National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, though I’ve yet see changes on the second link to confirm that.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Pommer

+5,141
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Governing is complicated, yes.
    Deal.

13. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,429
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Telling the truth is simple. They should just go that route.

14. Pommer

+5,141
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Operation Warp Speed: “Quick big-pharma, save us!”
    BPh: Okay try this!
    OWS:“What is it?”
    BPh: it’s a new type of vaccine that we make from scratch so that we don’t have to grow trillions of SAR-CoV-2 virii to produce the vaccine!
    OWS: “Brilliant! What’s it called!?”
    BPh: The marketing guys haven’t come up with anything ye, it’s early!
    OWS: “Here’s EUAs to cover you!”

And now that the FDA is signing off on “Comirnaty” (as the marketing people finally come up with) and licensed it for use, we get complaints that it’s “too confusing” for people to follow the process.

15. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,459
    Atheist
    Private
    Many people are saying...

16. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,429
    Non-Denom
    Single
    If you have a link showing where the great new (or old, but renamed) Comirnaty vaccine is available to be gotten injected with it, I'd love to see it. Otherwise, it's the equivalent of vaporware.

17. TLK Valentine

+28,249
    Agnostic
    Single
    In whose opinion?

18. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,459
    Atheist
    Private
    Weird you'd think one would need links and evidence to ignore a retelling of the rumor in your previous post.

19. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,429
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Still awaiting evidence that the Comirnaty vaccine is available so we don't have to keep relying on experimental EUA substances. FDA approval is supposedly important.

20. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,459
    Atheist
    Private
    I'm not convinced you're actually waiting for evidence.