Pfizer vaccine receives FDA approval.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,172.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
People should be allowed to choose what they want to do with their own bodies and medical care
Yep, that's why laws telling restaurant workers they have to wash their hands after using the restroom are a terrible idea ... said no one ever.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Pants (and clothing in general) are a 10,000 year old human tradition.

So is not getting sick... At least until recently.

If some people want masks to be included as everyday clothing attire, permanently required by law, they better expect a *lot* of pushback. Because that's what they're going to get.

Who said anything about "permanently required by law"?

Do you understand whay you're arguing, or merely echoing other people's hysterics? Because I count two glaring factual errors in four words.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,172.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,172.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is a medical experiment; it remains an experiment because we do not know any long term outcomes, nor will we for years or decades.
Please list all of the medications in use today for which we have a complete understanding of all the potential future unknown outcomes. I'm guessing that list is pretty small.

And I think I've mentioned before we also don't know what the long term outcomes of posting on internet forums is, so to be consistent, you probably should avoid doing that as well. Never know what potential unknown side effects that might have.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am actually ok with the mask mandates (and pants)........keeps me from having to shave everyday. But I think the forcing of injections into the body, goes too far. Over the body, vs. inside the body.

I prefer the vaccine, but as a Freedom lover, and a non-radical, I oppose "forcing" people to do either.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yep, that's why laws telling restaurant workers they have to wash their hands after using the restroom are a terrible idea ... said no one ever.
Well other than that one guy named Tillis

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,172.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it has......Where I am, most of the jobs are mandating it..... All health care workers are mandated, all public school workers k-12 are mandated.... etc...

The local government has been strongly encouraging all local businesses to mandate vaccines for months.... and most have since the FDA approvals.

I've already been forced.....but Im not going to say that everyone else should be forced because I was...

Note: I only say "forced" because I do not consider "not feeding my family" an option. and when the mandate is announced....the deadline is not long enough to change careers, switch states....move etc...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes it has......Where I am, most of the jobs are mandating it..... All health care workers are mandated, all public school workers k-12 are mandated.... etc...

Those businesses have the right to dictate health and safety rules to their own employees... who are you to say they don't?

The local government has been strongly encouraging all local businesses to mandate vaccines for months.... and most have since the FDA approvals.

And yet, the only people the government has actually mandated vaccines for are the people who actually work for them.

As I said, businesses have the right to dictate health and safety rules to their own employees... a fact the government is simply reminding the business owners of.

I've already been forced.....but Im not going to say that everyone else should be forced because I was...

Note: I only say "forced" because I do not consider "not feeding my family" an option. and when the mandate is announced....the deadline is not long enough to change careers, switch states....move etc...

Which mandate are you referring to?

And as for "deadline not long enough" -- count your blessings if you even get a deadline... if your business downsizes you, outsources to Singapore, or burns to the ground, you won't get that particular luxury.

You can lose your job at any time, for any reason -- you have nobody to blame but yourself for your current complacency.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What kind of "freedom" do they allegedly love?

It's more like a battle of the Yin and the yang... when the authoritarian bug takes hold in a generation, there needs to be some kind of counterbalance... That counterbalance takes on the name "freedom", and it challenges it's rival, "authoritarianism" to create balance.

...As an enlightened person, I take neither extreme, but rather remain in the middle, leaning slightly toward the hopefulness of freedom, and watch as an observer.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's more like a battle of the Yin and the yang... when the authoritarian bug takes hold in a generation, there needs to be some kind of counterbalance... That counterbalance takes on the name "freedom", and it challenges it's rival, "authoritarianism" to create balance.

...As an enlightened person, I take neither extreme, but rather remain in the middle and watch as an observer.

So.... they love nothing of substance, then? "Freedom" is little more than a buzzword -- as usual.

(BTW: Very few "enlightened" persons make a point to promote their own enlightenment)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So.... they love nothing of substance, then? "Freedom" is little more than a buzzword -- as usual.

That would be a very shallow, unenlightened perspective if one chooses to see it that way.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That would be a very shallow, unenlightened perspective if one chooses to see it that way.

Truth often seems shallow to those who don't understand what it is.

The truth, for example, is that "freedom," by itself, is meaningless -- one must first want something else, and then seek the "freedom" to pursue it.

PROTIP: Next time some pseudo-enlightened crank starts promoting "freedom," ask him, "Freedom to do what, exactly?" and watch him flop like a trout on a hook.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just when I thought we could end on a positive note....you come and pull this off... It is like you've forgotten all previous posts.

Those businesses have the right to dictate health and safety rules to their own employees... who are you to say they don't?

Again.....no one said businesses do not have a right to do anything. Do I have a right to state that I disagree with any action? If the government or a business passes a law or takes an action.... Is it now illegal to say that I disagree with it or that I dont like it?

Do you argue the same against those that are pro-life? Do you tell them vehemently that abortion is in the law so they have no right to say anything negative about it?

What you are doing makes little sense. It is ok to repeat laws that you are against. You have to learn to listen and respect opinions of those who disagree with you or you willl be arguing for the rest of your life. Telling everyone, who disagrees with you, that they dont have a right to talk, wont cut it.

And yet, the only people the government has actually mandated vaccines for are the people who actually work for them.

As I said, businesses have the right to dictate health and safety rules to their own employees... a fact the government is simply reminding the business owners of.

Yes but the government is removing funding for other businesses and institutions that dont comply as well..... (Since this confuses you sometimes.....I'll state again, that the previous sentence is a statement of fact and does not contain my opinion on the action stated.)

They are making it difficult for business to not mandate, even if they wanted to.

Which mandate are you referring to?

And as for "deadline not long enough" -- count your blessings if you even get a deadline... if your business downsizes you, outsources to Singapore, or burns to the ground, you won't get that particular luxury.

You can lose your job at any time, for any reason -- you have nobody to blame but yourself for your current complacency.

Again you are using apples to talk about the life of the orange.

Getting layed off, or downsides for business reasons, is different than being let go because you refused to inject something into your body.

If you do not understand this difference, than we will not be able to understand one anothers view on this topic and any further words would be wasted.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truth often seems shallow to those who don't understand what it is.

The truth, for example, is that "freedom," by itself, is meaningless -- one must first want something else, and then seek the "freedom" to pursue it.

PROTIP: Next time some pseudo-enlightened crank starts promoting "freedom," ask him, "Freedom to do what, exactly?" and watch him flop like a trout on a hook.

Abstract thinking, spirituality and philosophical thought are very useful for those seeking happiness, progress, and wisdom in their lives. For those pessimists who prefer strict realism, that's their choice... Boring as it may be.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
RNs have to show proof of Hepatitis B vaccine, a neg test for TB, flu vaccine, etc, etc,. Nobody questioned this and now, because of politics, there are these misinformed issues with the vaccine. Healthcare providers who risk their patient's health do not belong in the profession. Thus should be mandated by state boards.
My family has been taking care of covid patients since the beginning...and their families seem to appreciate it. We chose to not get vaccinated until we were told that we could not continue to care for these covid patients unless we got it.......After, we chose to continue to care for the Patients. Are you saying that we should not have been allowed to help these patients and their families because we dont agree with forced vaccinations?

Upvote 0