USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps so. I was responding to the RaymondG who had been complaining at lenght that he felt forced into having the vaccine.
No problem. We all make mistakes.....the important thing is that we learn from them.

I know that you should serve God.....yet I would still be on here exclaiming that I do not believe that you should be forced to. Would this mean that I was complaining about being forced to serve God? Maybe to you....but to me I am just fighting for the right to choose, whether or not I am affected by it.

Glad we have cleared that up.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Vaccines don't have long-term future consequences beyond their short term effects. After a few days the vaccine has left your body. The enhanced immune response that your body creates to fight the virus remains long afterwards, which is how all vaccines work.

The "long term consequences" scare is because some medications have had long term consequences, but those are typically taken frequently over long periods.

Short answer - no, you're not getting DNA-enhanced superpowers from mRNA shots.

This is not a typical vaccine, studied for decades before release. It neither confers immunity nor prevents transmisstion. This is a brand new experiment. No one knows the long term effects on the body in reality. It's only been studied for a short time. No one knows how it affects the immune system. We do know that it does some heart damage to susceptible young people. Rational thinking would yank it from the market just for that. At least be honest about this.

Many medications - studied far longer than this, and not injected directly into the bloodstream - have caused horrendous damage. You remember thalidomide, DES, Vioxx?

Not to mention the 1976 swine flu vaccine and the H1N1 vaccine during the Obama administration, both causing Guillain-Barre, the Cutter incident, causing polio in 40,000 kids from the vaccine?

You do realize that once injected, one cannot be un-injected, unlike the way one can simply stop taking a drug that is causing damage?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Neither is getting vaccinated. These repeated attempts to retreat to hyperbole just makes it look like there aren't any fact based anti-vaxx arguments.
You are somehow externally jabbed and it is not an invasive procedure? Does someone just blow on you or something?

Quit posting nonsense. You've responded to me about 10 times and very little of it is substantive.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's radical, IMO. Expecting "everyone" to get vaccinated.
I dont expect it, or desire it... I just understand the plight of those who depend on the cooperation of others, for their health.

I am not one of these.

I think the best, non-spiritual, course is to continue distancing and mask, and work from home, until the numbers get down to flu levels consistently....and allow those who desire to get vaccinated, get vaccinated.....but still follow the same protocols.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RestoreTheJoy
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Next time you have an operation, tell the surgeon there's no need to wear one.
I think the contamination risks of cutting into a body might be a little more extreme than merely walking by someone or sitting nearby, don't you think? This analogy is not rational.

• Agree
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Consider the adulterer brought out into the opening and stoned. For I believe many would read and take it as negatively as you desire for it to be taken. You should feel proud of yourself.

Please move along now, if you have nothing to share on the topic at hand.

Colossians 4:6

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,281.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think the contamination risks of cutting into a body might be a little more extreme than merely walking by someone or sitting nearby, don't you think? This analogy is not rational.

If we were just talking one individual? Yeah. You're right. But we ain't talking about one person, are we. If no-one wore masks and no-one socially distanced and no-one took any precautions then it's guaranteed that the virus will spread and it's guaranteed that someone will die.

So yeah. Again, you're right. It's not an accurate analogy. The surgeon not wearing a mask probably doesn't kill the guy. But if we all didn't wear a mask then someone definitely dies.

But maybe we all have to do it and perhaps you get an exception? Is that how it works? If it doesn't then I guess we all do it.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont expect it, or desire it... I just understand the plight of those who depend on the cooperation of others, for their health.

I am not one of these.

I believe you. :heart:

...I'm just eager for the time to come where radicalism gets recognized for what it is.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we were just talking one individual? Yeah. You're right. But we ain't talking about one person, are we. If no-one wore masks and no-one socially distanced and no-one took any precautions then it's guaranteed that the virus will spread and it's guaranteed that someone will die.

So yeah. Again, you're right. It's not an accurate analogy. The surgeon not wearing a mask probably doesn't kill the guy. But if we all didn't wear a mask then someone definitely dies.

But maybe we all have to do it and perhaps you get an exception? Is that how it works? If it doesn't then I guess we all do it.

That's the point many people are trying to make, at least here in America. People should be allowed to choose what they want to do with their own bodies and medical care, that it is not the government's job to force folks to stay at home, avoid contact with everyone, wear a mask wherever they go, get a vaccine that was approved for general distribution in a matter of weeks and months as opposed to the 12 years it takes for most medications to get full FDA approval. At least, that's all I'm saying. If I choose to wear a mask, great, it's my choice, if I choose to not go to events with a lot of people, cool, it's my choice, if I choose to stay 6 feet away from everyone, cool...it's my choice.

Personally, I think it is wise to mask, social distance and what not. If someone gets to close, I choose to move away...but that was even before COVID lol. A lot of folks aren't so much arguing against the recommended precautions as they are arguing against what they feel is government overreach into their right to choose their medical care and forcing people to do what they want them to do.

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

We have been doing that - masking and distancing - for over a year and it is still spreading in waves, meaning people are testing positive (not necessarily sick). Yes, I'm wearing a mask too. I have no problem with that until this is over as I have already stated, so I'm not sure why you think I'm excluding myself (??)

Just like the first go-round, many of those "positive" are not sick or only have minor symptoms, and will be immune. Millions are immune already from last year. A statistically small subset are vulnerable and we should do everything we can to protect them.

The vaccinated and the unvaccinated are both spreading it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,573.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You are somehow externally jabbed and it is not an invasive procedure?

I noticed you dropped the "medical experiment" part of your rhetoric here.

Quit posting nonsense. You've responded to me about 10 times and very little of it is substantive.
Substantive enough to have this post backtrack on your previous post's claims.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I noticed you dropped the "medical experiment" part of your rhetoric here.

Substantive enough to have this post backtrack on your previous post's claims.
It is a medical experiment; it remains an experiment because we do not know any long term outcomes, nor will we for years or decades. Do I have to use all words multiple times?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,573.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think the contamination risks of cutting into a body might be a little more extreme than merely walking by someone or sitting nearby
The fact that one thing might be more effective than another doesn't make one 100% effective and the other worthless.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nor are pants.

True, but...

...Pants (and clothing in general) are a 10,000 year old human tradition. If some people want masks to be included as everyday clothing attire, permanently required by law, they better expect a *lot* of pushback. Because that's what they're going to get.

Upvote 0