• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Pfizer vaccine receives FDA approval.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by TLK Valentine, Aug 23, 2021.

1. honey badger

honey badger i am

+430
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
  2. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,266
    Atheist
    Private
    Neither is getting vaccinated. These repeated attempts to retreat to hyperbole just makes it look like there aren't any fact based anti-vaxx arguments.

3. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,266
    Atheist
    Private
    Please list all of the medical treatments currently in use which are free of potential unknown future consequences.

Heck, posting on the internet might have potential future unknown consequences. You can't prove that it doesn't. Better stop now before it is too late.

4. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Member of the Heart of Gold Club Staff Member Trainee Supporter

+4,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    After some long hard thinking, I think I've figured it out...

The non vaccinated are battling radical-Vaxxers.

This all boils down to radicalism vs. radicalism.

5. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,266
    Atheist
    Private
  6. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,266
    Atheist
    Private
    That's certainly one opinion.

I mean, it ignores a lot of what's actually going on, but it certainly is one way to think about it.

7. Landon Caeli

+4,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    That's the problem with the world these days... Everyone seems to be a radical of some sort, except for those who aren't... Those who aren’t are actual happy, satisfied people living good lives.

...IMO.

8. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,266
    Atheist
    Private
    As I said, that's certainly one opinion. It ignores any number of actual facts, but I can't disagree that it is an opinion.

9. ThisIsMe123

ThisIsMe123 This And That

+840
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Right, I am now even seeing people on Pro-Vaccine/Pro-mask FB groups suggesting they should call their neighbors employers and schools, as they are still going to work/sending their kids to school and turning them into the health department and their employers.

As if that would do any good.

They are turning into the "Karens" of the pro-Covid/vaccine movement.

10. Landon Caeli

+4,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    What facts would those be? o_O

11. Landon Caeli

+4,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    It's radicalism for radicalism.

The only way out of such circular toxicity is to identify and then abandon the radicalism in your life. The feeling that results is a truly liberating one.

...IMO.

12. Bradskii

Bradskii Well-Known Member

+2,179
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    This is a difficult problem. 'Dobbing someone in' goes against the grain down here. I don't like the term 'un-Australian', but it is...un-Australian. But if someone's next door neighbour is having a party with a couple of dozen people when no visitors are allowed, then what is one to do? It could end up spreading covid into more suburbs and lengthening our current lockdown by weeks and inconveniencing tens of thousands. And of course putting their health at risk.

There was a woman in the supermarket today without a mask. It's compulsory indoors here at the moment. I said 'excuse me...' and was going to tell her she needed one - not that she could have been unaware that it was needed. But she walked past and straight out of the store. If she had remained I would have asked someone from the supermarket to get the security.

13. Landon Caeli

+4,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Try getting vaccinated. It helps in preventing radical, draconian measures like chasing women out of the grocery store. o_O

14. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    "Radical-Vaxxers" -- that ranks right up there with "Covid-Taliban."

I suppose every persecution complex needs a name for their enemy...

How this, instead? The 2020 lockdowns were terrible. If people getting vaxxed prevents that from happening again, how is that a "radical" idea?

15. Landon Caeli

+4,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Persecution complex doesn't apply to me. I'm vaccinated, and was among the first to pull up my sleeve.

...But I'm not a radical. I'm normal.

It's funny. It's almost like people don't believe there are radicals on both the left and right... And in a thousand other directions. The key is in finding balance - a lesson this generation is in desperate need of.

16. Bradskii

Bradskii Well-Known Member

+2,179
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    I've had one jab. Second one in two weeks. Which is pretty much irrelevant. Wearing a mask and using the app to register that you're entering a premise is required by all. That ain't draconian by any stretch. And there were no pitchforks involved. I would have politely requested that she put one on. Or else someone else would be called to ensure she did.

I'm obeying all the rules as inconvenient as they are. I expect everyone else to do so as well. Hell, my 3 month old grandaughter lives a ten minute drive away and I haven't held her for two weeks. My daughter had her 40th a week ago and all we could do was wish her happy birthday via zoom.

A ****** mask is not too much to ask...

17. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+3,659
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Consider the adulterer brought out into the open and stoned. For I believe many would read and take it as negatively as you desire for it to be taken. You should feel proud of yourself.

Please move along now, if you have nothing to share on the topic at hand.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  18. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+3,659
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I believe this is what caused the recent outbreaks in the U.S. Trying to encourage vaccinations by removing restrictions for those who get vaccinated.

I think all will need to continue to mask and distance for at least 3 weeks after everyone is vaccinated before easing up on restrictions. Or wait until the cases reduce dramatically on their own.

19. Landon Caeli

+4,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    A mask is not too much to ask force.

20. Landon Caeli

+4,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    That's radical, IMO. Expecting "everyone" to get vaccinated.