St Philip
✟62,302.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have deliberately chosen this Christian Testimony Forum for my enquiry concerning petitionary prayers because I believe my faith is strong as a result of my own spiritual experiences, for which I can give a testimony.
I believe, unlike many Christians, I have had a personal communication with God which brought me to know He exists, not just to believe that He exists. Relating this experience in secular company and I am told it was a mild mental breakdown.
My problem is that I did not act on it at the time, but continued pursuing my worldly pleasures. My faith in God could not be stronger I think, but am I wrong?

Upvote 0

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟62,302.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am disappointed that so far there have been no responses to my observations regarding petitionary prayers. I accept that we cannot just leave it to God, as individual mortal human beings we too must play our part.
I think my prayers to God are sincere and profound and accept it is all in God's hands, and all I can do is continuing to pray for my wife and the poor and needy throughput the world.

Upvote 0

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟62,302.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My apologies for expressing my disappointment at there being no responses yet to my thread. Searching the forums here for petitionary prayers in titles found two immediately. They were written some time ago but both were very helpful, and C. S. Lewis has plenty to say, he was referenced.
Simply answered, my concern about lack of faith has nothing to do with God not answering petitionary prayers, no matter what we read in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟62,302.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are still no responses here to my thread. An obvious reason must be that because I have said that I have done a forum search, there are twelve pages of threads which use "petitionary prayers" that I can read those and get some feedback. I am reading through these threads, and they are very interesting and helpful.
However, as I have said here, my reason for placing my thread in this Testimonies Forum is because I have experienced a personal revelation of the existence of God, and with continued prayer over the years since then I believe my faith is strong.
Recently my petitionary prayers are not being answered. Fellow Christians tell me to keep praying, they say their prayers are answered. The power of prayer is without bounds.
Is my faith not strong enough? Was my experience with God years ago merely a mental breakdown, as suggested at the time by secular authorities?
Perhaps I should describe here my experience as part of my testimony? Thank you all for reading this, God bless you.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
When our petitionary prayers are not answered, which often they are not, does that indicate that our faith in God is not strong?
The prayer of Jesus "Take this cup from me" in Gethsemene was not answered.

Or.... do we not know about all that happened at that time??????

Upvote 0