Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I was really blessed when I heard this too in church:

John 21:1-10

After these things Jesus showed Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and in this way He showed Himself: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together.

3 Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing."

Peter who had denied Jesus, and was feeling guilty and lousy about himself, goes back to his old ways.

They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

When you go back to your old ways, it is 'night' (dark) and there are no results.

4 But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. 5 Then Jesus said to them, "Children, have you any food?"

They answered Him, "No."

6 And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some." So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish.

Notice even when you go back to your old ways, it is not you who comes to Jesus, but Jesus the Light who comes to you and cares for you: “My child, have you gotten any results?”

He doesn’t scold you or anything, but tells you what to do to get results. And the results are above and beyond what you wanted! He’s such a practical God. A God whose blessing supply is only limited by the size and no. of your nets and pots!

7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea.

“for he had removed it [his garment]”. Peter removed his ‘robes of righteousness’, so to speak, when he went into guilt after his big failure. We sometimes ‘remove our garment’ when we fail. But when we see Jesus who comes to us, helping us and blessing us, we automatically put it on again. It is His goodness that leads us to repentance. It’s about His love for us, not our love for Him.

Not only that, we will forget the blessing/gift, plunge into the sea and go after Jesus the giver!

8 But the other disciples came in the little boat (for they were not far from land, but about two hundred cubits), dragging the net with fish. 9 Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread. 10 Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish which you have just caught."

God empowers and causes the miracle to happen. Yet, He always gives us the credit: “Bring the fish YOU caught.” “YOUR faith has healed you.” No wonder the elders cast their crowns before Him in the book of Revelation.

11 Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken.

In an earlier pre-crucifixion account, the nets were breaking: Luke 5:6-7: And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. Post-cross, post resurrection, the net did not break.

Hmmm... There are no insignificant details in the Bible -- something to think about!

I've been getting so much revelation in the last couple days, it's just amazing! The things you've been writing have only added to that. It's almost too much to contain. I find myself meditating on so much at once right now. Glory to God, His grace is perfect!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.