Pete Buttigieg cites Gospel in campaign ad

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Charleston, S.C., Dec 2, 2019 / 03:30 pm (CNA).- Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg quoted the Gospel of Matthew in his first statewide ad in South Carolina, the latest in the candidate’s references to Christianity in his campaign messages.

The ad opens with a clip from an Iowa speech Buttigieg gave Nov. 1:

“In our White House, you won’t have to shake your head and ask yourself: What ever happened to ‘I was hungry and you fed me; I was a stranger and you welcomed me’,” a reference to Matthew 25:35.

The ad will be released on Tuesday in South Carolina television markets.

Although he has polled better in Iowa and New Hampshire, Buttigieg polls at an average of 6.5 points in South Carolina, behind former vice president Joe Biden, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT).

Link: Pete Buttigieg cites Gospel in campaign ad

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of all the candidates seeking the democratic nomination, he's the most insidious. With one hand he tries to wear the faith like a merit badge, and with the other he seeks to supplant it, twist it, and shame those who actually follow it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a bait and switch situation. If he really studied the bible (and followed it), he wouldn't be married to a man.
I think he knows. He just thinks he is smart enough to change it to his interpretation. And people are dumb enough to swallow it.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I think he knows. He just thinks he is smart enough to change it to his interpretation. And people are dumb enough to swallow it.

Like in the gay bible (The "Queer" James version). They just deleted any negative reference to homosexuality and claim that God is fine with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's a bait and switch situation. If he really studied the bible (and followed it), he wouldn't be married to a man.

Also he would repeat of the evil that he is doing

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my opinion, if he is going to quote the Gospel and use religious messages as part of his campaign then he needs to actually practice the faith. In my opinion, you aren't practicing Christianity if you're involved in a gay "marriage".

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Of all the candidates seeking the democratic nomination, he's the most insidious. With one hand he tries to wear the faith like a merit badge, and with the other he seeks to supplant it, twist it, and shame those who actually follow it.
I think after Biden self-destructs he will be the frontrunner and the nominee. Not that I like the possibility, but I think the LGBTQWERTY JUGGERNAUT will see to it he wins. And with how unsavory Trump is, Pete could be the next president

• Agree
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think after Biden self-destructs he will be the frontrunner and the nominee. Not that I like the possibility, but I think the LGBTQWERTY JUGGERNAUT will see to it he wins. And with how unsavory Trump is, Pete could be the next president

I think you're right as far as who the candidate might be. Biden's mentally imploding, and it seems like nobody believes anything Warren says cause she's the consummate political shapeshifter. Wasn't there a recent tiff between Buttigieg and the ACLU or one of those other liberal advocacy groups?

I still think that Pete's campaigning to be governor of Indiana, not President of the United States. Either way though, his minority support base is almost zero. And he's more likely to win the latter than the former.

In my opinion, if he is going to quote the Gospel and use religious messages as part of his campaign then he needs to actually practice the faith. In my opinion, you aren't practicing Christianity if you're involved in a gay "marriage".

You're absolutely right. I think what you're saying is more than opinion, it's a fact. The problem is Pete, like all leftists, isn't acting in good faith. It's obvious that his intention is to subvert Christianity from day one because he knows he's in grave sin as a man in a homosexual "marriage". So he talks about scripture and acts like he's some kind of authority on what it means. He has no clue what it means, much less the right to interpret it.

For a guy that offers the illusion of leaning so heavily on scripture on the surface, he's underwater in his own hypocrisy with his sinful lifestyle, his uncouth criticism against President Trump and his unprovoked and dastardly attacks on Vice President Pence.

I don't use this phrase lightly, but I think Buttigieg is the most antichrist figure that we've ever seen in national politics in quite some time, if ever. And no, I'm not giving President Trump a pass for some of the immoral things he's said and done over the years.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have read that is is not popular at all with African Americans and a candidate must have the black vote to win. Also, I wonder if many Muslims, and observant Jews and even Hispanics would be willing to vote for him. LGBTQXYZ is not popular with those groups, although I suppose they may vote for him to get rid of Trump. But I think they may stay home.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have read that is is not popular at all with African Americans and a candidate must have the black vote to win.

I believe that's true. I know he was raked over the coals a few months back after a white police officer killed an unarmed black man in South Bend. I don't know what African-American support for him was like before that, but now it's completely flat. In fact, there's quite a bit of outrage towards him. And he seems to keep making it worse, he told the Washington Post last week that being gay helps him relate to "the black struggle". I doubt the black community is going to appreciate that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Seriously doubt that, they have no one can can come close to beating the President.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
And he seems to keep making it worse, he told the Washington Post last week that being gay helps him relate to "the black struggle". I doubt the black community is going to appreciate that.
I don't think they appreciate that at all, especially after having the civil rights issue essentially stolen from them by the alphabet people.

• Agree
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you're right as far as who the candidate might be. Biden's mentally imploding, and it seems like nobody believes anything Warren says cause she's the consummate political shapeshifter. Wasn't there a recent tiff between Buttigieg and the ACLU or one of those other liberal advocacy groups?

I still think that Pete's campaigning to be governor of Indiana, not President of the United States. Either way though, his minority support base is almost zero. And he's more likely to win the latter than the former.

You're absolutely right. I think what you're saying is more than opinion, it's a fact. The problem is Pete, like all leftists, isn't acting in good faith. It's obvious that his intention is to subvert Christianity from day one because he knows he's in grave sin as a man in a homosexual "marriage". So he talks about scripture and acts like he's some kind of authority on what it means. He has no clue what it means, much less the right to interpret it.

For a guy that offers the illusion of leaning so heavily on scripture on the surface, he's underwater in his own hypocrisy with his sinful lifestyle, his uncouth criticism against President Trump and his unprovoked and dastardly attacks on Vice President Pence.

I don't use this phrase lightly, but I think Buttigieg is the most antichrist figure that we've ever seen in national politics in quite some time, if ever. And no, I'm not giving President Trump a pass for some of the immoral things he's said and done over the years.

I don't know. I would guess that he has good intentions but you know, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. I say this because there are Christian denominations that endorse homosexuality and even "same-sex marriage". Some Christian denominations embrace an unorthodox theology and see nothing wrong with homosexuality and homosexual relationships. My guess is that Pete is a member of a denomination that endorses it.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't know. I would guess that he has good intentions but you know, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. I say this because there are Christian denominations that endorse homosexuality and even "same-sex marriage". Some Christian denominations embrace an unorthodox theology and see nothing wrong with homosexuality and homosexual relationships. My guess is that Pete is a member of a denomination that endorses it.
He was Catholic. Now he hangs out with the Episcopalians. He is almost a poster boy for modern Episcopalianism, which is still a denomination in decline though it has not yet quite vanished from the face of the earth as irrelevant.

Upvote 0