Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Why is there still some stigma about a pet's ashes (or portion thereof) going down to be with their human for eternity if the human so desires?
First up, the human ashes won't be there for eternity. The human will rise from the dead. I don't know about the pet, but the pet ashes won't last for eternity anyway. I think it's a bit weird, but it is also none of my business. As far as I'm concerned, it is only the physical body that dies. I believe that God takes the spirit of the creature back to Himself when it dies. I'm not fussed about what happens to me when I die. My will says "cheapest funeral possible". Funerals are for those left behind. I'd rather my kids have a little extra money than spend it on a funeral.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Why not do it the opposite way? So instead of your pet going down with you, why not go down with your pet?
Just make arrangements to be cremated and reserve part of your ashes.
Then when your pet dies, make more arrangements for them to be cremated, bury the cremains in your garden, and surround them with a ring of catnip, (if your pet is a cat) and your reserved ashes.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,280.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why not do it the opposite way? So instead of your pet going down with you, why not go down with your pet?
Actually there seems to be no stigma there as people are allowed to be buried in a pet cemetery with their pet, but often not the other way around. How is the ashes of Rover or Kitty in the same urn or on a lap in a coffin the concern of anyone else?

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you want to preserve a deceased pet for later burial with you (or just to keep your pet with you) s(he) can be be freeze-dried. No joke. It’s not taxidermy. The process maintains the shape and appearance pretty much indefinitely. Obviously, I don’t think it’s applicable for a horse, or for yourself (though human body parts can be freeze-dried. Check the link.) And it’s probably more costly than cremation. But it’s another option.

Freeze-Dried Pets Are Forever

Upvote 0