Oct 3, 2005
Mississippi
Visit site
✟677.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personification is giving human qualities, feelings, action, or characteristics to inanimate (non-living) objects.

This is something my husband and I do all the time! It is so much fun, and we usually wind up laughing like crazy by the time we've gotten through with our little stories that we've made up about the objects around us. Now I suppose I could say that you have to add on to the story of the person above you, but that's not really what I had in mind. What I had in mind is that you pick your own object to tell a story about. And it can have more than one objects involved in the story. And it doesn't have to be a long story. In fact, it can be just a sentence about how your object must be feeling or what it must be thinking. And the story may be told in first person or in third person. This should be fun for all of you fans of The Brave Little Toaster!

I took a frappuccino coffee drink to work the other day. It must have been so excited to be able to see something other than the white cubicle (known as my refrigerator) that it had been sitting in for a long time now. But after I took it out of the refrigerator, I put it in another white box, this time a much smaller one; in fact, it was a ice chest. The coffee drink was so disappointed. This was not all that new and different! It was still white! And it was worse, because this time it was an even smaller environment. And here it had no other drinks to talk to. Oh but then something exciting happened for it when I opened up the ice chest on the drive to work. All of a sudden the coffee saw images just whizzing by! But the moment was short-lived when the lid of the ice chest was replaced.

I was so busy at work that day that I never did get the chance to get my coffee drink out of the ice chest. It stayed in there all day, and that night when I got home I took it out of the ice chest and put it back in the fridge. I told my husband that I bet the coffee drink was disappointed that nothing exciting happened to it all day. My husband responded with, "I bet it's just glad that it has now lived long enough to go back and tell its friends what all it saw." I said, "The sight of trees whizzing by?" He smiled and said, "Yeah!"